Best trivia nights in greater Boston?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCBusinessStaff. Show BDCBusinessStaff's posts

Best trivia nights in greater Boston?

Do you frequent trivia nights around the city? Where do you go to get your trivia fix? Who has the best trivia nights?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kkp889. Show kkp889's posts

Re: Best trivia nights in greater Boston?

Sidebar Monday. No crowd!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jthreee. Show jthreee's posts

My vote is for Donohue's in Watertown.  I used to go every Wednesday when I lived in the area.  Questions were challenging and people took it very seriously.  My main complaints with most trivia nights are 1) questions are overly easy and 2) rampant cheating... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from amac12454. Show amac12454's posts

Sweetwater Cafe on Tuesday nights, located in the Boylston Alley.  Starts at 9, which is sort of late, but for a $100.00 cash prize for first place it is well worth the wait.  The music played while teams deliberate answers are actually clues on the question just asked, which suprisingly is rare at trivia, but a huge help if you have no idea what the answer is initially.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheaph. Show sheaph's posts

The Draft on Harvard St in Allston between Cambridge St and Brighton Ave has the best trivia around. Some of the highlights include shot questions, where teams earn more points for taking shots onstage, and the lightning round, where short clips of 20 songs are played back to back and teams have to write the artist. So fun.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom-H. Show Tom-H's posts

In Response to Best trivia nights in greater Boston?:
    [QUOTE]Do you frequent trivia nights around the city? Where do you go to get your trivia fix? Who has the best trivia nights?
    Posted by BDCBusinessStaff[/QUOTE]

Old Magoun's Saloon in Somerville. The Tuesday night trivia is a blast with great food and an awesome beer selection. The laid back, casual vibe makes it enjoyable for everyone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TGINJP. Show TGINJP's posts

In Response to Re: Best trivia nights in greater Boston?:
    [QUOTE]My vote is for Donohue's in Watertown.  I used to go every Wednesday when I lived in the area.  Questions were challenging and people took it very seriously.  My main complaints with most trivia nights are 1) questions are overly easy and 2) rampant cheating... 
    Posted by jthreee[/QUOTE]

As someone who hosts trivia 4 nighst a week I understand your frustrations. However if the questions are too hard people just drop out and the purpose of the game is to entertain folks for a few hours. This is not Jeapordy! As for rampnat cheating; yes it is rampant and we do our bet to surpress it but with todays technology that is impossible. When you go to a trivia nite have fun...it's not supposed to be rocket science Sealed

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveVIAModem. Show LoveVIAModem's posts

Trivia in Southie / Weymouth /Hingham

Well on Wednesdays in Southie you have the Beer Garden or Stadium for Team Trivia.8-???
    On Thursdays, Cadillac Jack hosts trivia with a raise your hand quickest draw with some comedy at Hajjars in Weymouth 6-9. For every question you get correct, you get a raffle ticket and at the end of the night you get great prizes. (Lotto tickets, shirts, gift certificates)

On Saturday in Hingham at the Ocean Kai on 3A he does it all over again from 7-9. For every question you get correct, you get a raffle ticket and at the end of the night you get great prizes. (Lotto tickets, shirts, gift certificates, a lot of other very NICE prizes). Great competition at the Kai!

www.loveviamodem.com (Where romance is only a click away) 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from spottedmankee. Show spottedmankee's posts

Boring trivia

I think the trivia formats are insanely boring! Most places make you sit through an entire song before moving on between questions. Either you know it or you don't. These questions shouldn't take 3 minutes to answer. I know it's part of the business plan to get people into your bar then make them bored, so they will buy drinks. Sorry to complain, to those of you who enjoy it.

Anyways, does anyone know of a trivia night that is a little more rapid paced?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mlissa82. Show mlissa82's posts

spottedmankee... if you're going to team trivia at a bar/pub you are going to have to expect for there to be considerable time between questions. Yes it's about the trivia, but it's also about socializing, and eating and drinking. Relax a little. It's meant to be fun.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mlissa82. Show mlissa82's posts

Oh and my vote is Johnny D's in Davis. Fun. And with free pizza, can't beat that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveVIAModem. Show LoveVIAModem's posts

Re: Boring trivia

In Response to Boring trivia:
    [QUOTE]I think the trivia formats are insanely boring! Most places make you sit through an entire song before moving on between questions. Either you know it or you don't. These questions shouldn't take 3 minutes to answer. I know it's part of the business plan to get people into your bar then make them bored, so they will buy drinks. Sorry to complain, to those of you who enjoy it. Anyways, does anyone know of a trivia night that is a little more rapid paced?
    Posted by spottedmankee[/QUOTE]

On Thursdays, Cadillac Jack hosts trivia with a raise your hand quickest draw with some comedy at Hajjars in Weymouth 6-9. For every question you get correct, you get a raffle ticket and at the end of the night you get great prizes. (Lotto tickets, shirts, gift certificates) Rapid fire!

On Saturday in Hingham at the Ocean Kai on 3A he does it all over again from 7-9. For every question you get correct, you get a raffle ticket and at the end of the night you get great prizes. (Lotto tickets, shirts, gift certificates, a lot of other very NICE prizes). Great competition at the Kai!  Rapid fire...

www.loveviamodem.com (Where romance is only a click away)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DiamondDave4678. Show DiamondDave4678's posts

In Response to Best trivia nights in greater Boston?:
    [QUOTE]Do you frequent trivia nights around the city? Where do you go to get your trivia fix? Who has the best trivia nights?
    Posted by BDCBusinessStaff[/QUOTE]

Wednesday night, Murphy's in Quincy. Always packed with a great, raucous crowd with totally inappropriate team names and it's well run by Jen. Normally I dont like Murphy's but it's perfect for a fun trivia night.