Favorite Inman and Union Square nightlife spots?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCThingsToDoStaff. Show BDCThingsToDoStaff's posts

Favorite Inman and Union Square nightlife spots?

We told you about some of our favorite nightlife destinations and activities in Inman and Union Squares -- now it's your turn. Dish about your local picks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BayStateBorn. Show BayStateBorn's posts

Re: Favorite Inman and Union Square nightlife spots?

Sweet Ginger for Thai food is fantastic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OptimistPrime. Show OptimistPrime's posts

Lee at the Ginger Exchange is the best bartender. Also, the Midwest Grill, Tupelo, Casa Portugal, and 1369 are great. This is the best neighborhood in the city!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ufo-gulp. Show ufo-gulp's posts

No mention of Druid Pub?!!! The best burger/fish 'n chips in the city.  Served authentically in newspaper. Great Guinness pour and Bloody Marys.

Punjabi Dhaba also is very popular. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3925692. Show user_3925692's posts

I would hate to see anyone leave out City Girl Cafe for the three P's - pizza, pasta & panini and the best Mexican east of the Mississippi at Ole Mexican Grill.

The whole neighborhood is full of fun and uniquely wonderful restaurants, but those are a couplle of my favs!

:)
    - Edna
    I run the Inman Square Facebook page.

In Response to Favorite Inman and Union Square nightlife spots?:
    [QUOTE]We told you about some of our favorite nightlife destinations and activities in Inman and Union Squares -- now it's your turn. Dish about your local picks!
    Posted by BDCThingsToDoStaff[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chimy. Show Chimy's posts

Awesome.  I look forward to a whole new host of diners taking up my 'resident permit only' parking spots on Thursday-Sunday night. 

Thanks Globe!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Louthman. Show Louthman's posts

Stay out of Union Square!

Obviously, the city of Somerville does not want visitors to frequent Somerville's restaurants, pubs and clubs with their absurd "resident only" parking ban. Try to find a parking space in Union Square with the road construction and parking bans to non-residents! And beware the well hidden signs that warn of parking restrictions! You'll be certain to find a $50 orange greeting on your windshield. Too bad for the many fine merchants and businesses in Union Square who, I'm sure, would benefit from increased customer traffic. Be warned...stay out of Union Square!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomerVillen. Show SomerVillen's posts

Re: Stay out of Union Square!

Really?  In this economy you would actually tell readers of the Globe to stay out of Union Square.  Get a grip.  It's like you've never parked in a city before. Take the T to Sullivan or Porter and walk into Union / Inman, ride your bike, take a bus.  Actually why don't you just wait for the Green Line Extension.

In Response to Stay out of Union Square!:
    [QUOTE]Obviously, the city of Somerville does not want visitors to frequent Somerville's restaurants, pubs and clubs with their absurd "resident only" parking ban. Try to find a parking space in Union Square with the road construction and parking bans to non-residents! And beware the well hidden signs that warn of parking restrictions! You'll be certain to find a $50 orange greeting on your windshield. Too bad for the many fine merchants and businesses in Union Square who, I'm sure, would benefit from increased customer traffic. Be warned...stay out of Union Square!
    Posted by Louthman[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomerVillen. Show SomerVillen's posts

While slightly miffed there weren't more Union notables, I was thrilled to see Bloc 11 made second listing, a true gem in Union Square, but to add a few worth mentioning:

Cantina La Mexicana (truly the best authentic Mexican food, owned by and cooked by native Mexicans)
    Machu Pichu (fabulous Peruvian fare)
    The Independent (pub side vs. bistro side, either way you can't go wrong)
    Highland Kitchen (okay so it's a little farther afield then Union Proper but so worth a mention and a visit for Fried Chicken, Shrimp and Grits and Spelling Bee Night)

and anxiously awaiting the opening of Journeyman!

And anyone afraid to enter Union Square for fear of a parking ticket may simply not be resourceful enough the handle the 'Ville in the first place.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from G3P. Show G3P's posts

I believe you omitted one of Somerville's best nightlife spots: The Precinct, the old police station at Union Square, a great bar, restaurant and entertainment venue.  On the weekend of Nov 5-6, Gram National will be there with 12 bands from Boston/New England, and as far away as Ireland. See: http://www.gramnational.us for more.