Favorite nachos in Boston?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCThingsToDoStaff. Show BDCThingsToDoStaff's posts

Favorite nachos in Boston?

We told you where to find unique nachos around Boston -- think chips topped with lobster, chocolate mousse, even foie gras (!).

Now, it's your turn. Who makes your favorite nachos? Why are they so good? Dish, please. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mullss. Show Mullss's posts

Re: Favorite nachos in Boston?

Clarks in Fanieul Hall...Hands Down!  Be sure to order with the chicken AND the chili....beats the sombrero off of anywhere else in the city!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SophieO8. Show SophieO8's posts

In Response to Favorite nachos in Boston?:
    We told you where to find unique nachos around Boston -- think chips topped with lobster, chocolate mousse, even foie gras (!). Now, it's your turn. Who makes your favorite nachos? Why are they so good? Dish, please. 
    Posted by BDCThingsToDoStaff

These items are loaded with so much sodium that they are inedible.  With hypertension and obesity such problem in the country, how about something about the best fruit or salads in Boston?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from amoneill118. Show amoneill118's posts

Sylvan Street Grill in Peabody has a heaping plate of delicious nachos.  It has been a while since I was there, but the nachos at the Cask & Flagan outside of Fenway Park were always something to look forward to after a Sox game!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from amiller1049. Show amiller1049's posts

Watch City in Waltham has my favorite nachos (and some great beers).  They throw all of the cheese, chili, jalapenos, salsa, etc. in a cast iron skillet and melt it all together, then give you a basket of tortilla chips on the side.  No soggy chips!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cbquincy. Show cbquincy's posts

Buffalo Nachos @ Fours Quincy are the best by a WIDE margin.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kenriver. Show kenriver's posts

In particular, the seafood nachos sound great. However, having been introduced to nachos 100 years ago in Maine, and then being transported to the Mexican/Navajo culture of the Southwest for a couple of years, where all things "mexican food" are authentic, for me, the best nachos are simple. Go as exotic as can be with both cheese and chili, put side orders of guacomole, sour cream, diced tomatoes, black olives, and provide as many varieties of hot sauces (bottled) as your guests can bring, or your restaurant can provide, and all is well - oh, don't forget your favorite beverage. One final note. If it is fiery, do NOT try to quench it with liquid. Provide a plate of soft flour tortillas to chew on to absorb the excess heat. ENJOY!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Moszna. Show Moszna's posts

Sonny's on Adams St. in Dorchester has a great plate.  A little extra with chicken.  You cannot finish it yourself.

Crossroads on Beacon St. (At Mass Ave.) has a great plate with the same smoky pulled pork they put in the pulled pork sandwiches. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from michpc. Show michpc's posts

Tavern in the Square nachos with chili (the chili cheese fries are the same thing with fries instead of chips and equally good).  killin' me here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shooissma. Show shooissma's posts

For those of you up in the boonies on the North Shore...try the pulled pork nachos at The Farm in Essex!  A-M-A-Z-I-N-G..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sophie08. Show Sophie08's posts

The Ninety Nine in Malden Square made excellent nachos that were enough for two people. Unfortunately the restaurant is no longer there. The ones listed here seem too sophisticated for my liking. I like  basic nachos with a lot of jalepano cheese, sour cream, guacamole,black olives and tomatoes. yum  A glass of wine pairs nicely as well as a beer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticchick. Show celticchick's posts

The buffalo chicken nachos at 6B in Boston are the best I've ever had.  I don't even normally like buffalo chicken, and yet I love these nachos.  So, so good. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from naomic. Show naomic's posts

Kudos for changing the headline for this article from "Boston's most unique nachos" to "Boston's most original nachos."

Unique means "one of a kind." The term "most unique" makes me cringe, since it is impossible to be the "most one of a kind." Thank you to your copy editors for maintaining precision in the use of the English language.

And thanks for the mouth watering descriptions of a range of original nachos in the Boston area!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gemini3350. Show gemini3350's posts

Definitely Sylvan Street in Peabody. I also love the nachos at Wild Horse in Beverly. And I like Beer Works nachos as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from penguinsdontfly. Show penguinsdontfly's posts

Maybe not the most "creative," but definitely the most AMAZING: South of the Border Nachos from Sunset Grill  :) :) :) :) :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from travel4404. Show travel4404's posts

Rudy's Cafe in Teele Square in Somerville have great nachos.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccassa. Show ccassa's posts

hey i know some girls who do nacho reviews in town, nachopatrol.com... looks like the article has a lot of the places from there site too

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RuthSs. Show RuthSs's posts

I really enjoy the nachos at Coolidge Corner Clubhouse, but I will definitely be checking out some of the ones mentioned in the piece. The photos were so delish I wish I could reach in to my computer screen and pull out a few plates.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PT12345. Show PT12345's posts

Boston (or Salem) Beer works.  Hands down the best. Quality has gone done a bit (and price has gone up) since we tried them for the first time 15 years ago but they still beat anything else in town (and we've tried several of the others mentioned on this post). 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisjsawyer. Show chrisjsawyer's posts

The nachos at the Sylvan Street Grille have to be some of the worst nachos I ever had. Often the cheese is barely melted and the chips are of cheap quality. I agree with you on the Wild Horse Tavern. The nachos there are amazing.

Sections
Shortcuts