Favorite place for ice cream?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

It's getting warmer in Boston -- finally! Tis the season for sundaes and waffle cones. We want to know: Where is your favorite place to get ice cream?

Ben & Jerry's? Emack & Bolios's? Herrell's? Why? What's your favorite flavor?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ragerider. Show ragerider's posts

Cake batter ice cream at Great Brook Farm in Carlisle!

Nice farm for the kids with great ice cream and a lot of trails for biking, hiking, etc.

Also love Richardson's in Middleton. Ice cream and mini-golf makes for a fun night!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarrook. Show jarrook's posts

EMACK AND BOLIOS ON NEWBURY!!! THERE IS NO OTHER

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mq3213. Show mq3213's posts

Kimballs in Westford is the absolute BEST!!!!!!! Their portions are huge(the Special) and the flavors are to die for

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bstnrresponder. Show bstnrresponder's posts

I just went to Pittsburgh 2 weeks ago and had Rita's.� I said to a friend yesterday, "I wish we had Rita's up here."� So yummy!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kirstenm. Show kirstenm's posts

Putnum Pantrys on Rte 1 in Danvers is the best! An old fashion place with make your own sundae's with all the fixings!! Plus a cute candy shop attached to the side

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zissou. Show zissou's posts

State: Richardson's

City: Christina's (Cambridge)

Nearby state: Halo Pub (Princeton, NJ)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeschutt. Show mikeschutt's posts

Homeduck is right on about� Richardson's----BY FAR THE BEST IN MASSACHUSETTS.�� The most flavors too----53 types of ice cream, another 5 or 6 of sherbet, at least a dozen more of nonfat yogurt, and still more sugar-free varieties� (although some flavors are seasonal and might not be available at all times;� Richardson's has the best peach ice cream around---chunks of real peaches in a creamy vanilla base).And if you can't make it to Middleton, Cabot's in Newtonville, Truly Yogurt in Wellesley center, Dairy Barn in Braintree� all dip Richardson's , but without the full line of flavors.� There are plenty others around, but Richardson's won't give out the full list, something about proprietary information which could be used by their competition;�� too bad, because I'd drive 20 miles for Richardson's Ice Cream, but don't normally have to.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ljt064. Show ljt064's posts

Crescent Ridge in Sharon, or better known in our house as the Cow Store has amazing ice cream.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from molchy. Show molchy's posts

E.W. Hobbs Inc. at the Salem Willows.� These guys have been doing there forever.� I am a little partial because I used to work there.� While getting ice cream, also�check out the hot air popcorn popper from 1904.���The beach and the other amusements are right on the strip.� All of which make for a� great family day.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kirk1017. Show kirk1017's posts

The malted flavors at Herrell's (Vanilla Malt and Chocolate Malt).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aquanet. Show aquanet's posts

Hey does anyone know who owes the rights to Bailey's ice cream?I think if someone started one of those back up- as it was- it would do a killer amount of business. $$$$$$$$��

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mpres. Show mpres's posts

Farfar's in Duxbury is great.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from marchingmom. Show marchingmom's posts

Crescent Ridge in Sharon, absolutely and then Peaceful Meadows.When I was a kid, there was a place in Arlington that's been closed for years I think down on Millbrook Road�and I can't think of the name of it but that had great ice cream, too. Does anyone remember the name of the place?�

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from her05camry. Show her05camry's posts

Ok, all the silliness aside, the best little icecream shop in town is Frozen Freddie's in Quincy.� They have a helpful staff and this quaint shop is kid friendly.� There is cafe seating inside and a bench out in front.�� Don't let the size of this litle shop fool you, they have a large selection of icecream choices.My favorite?� A double scoop of Carmel Cashew Crunch in a sugar cone!�

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from acoffin. Show acoffin's posts

If you're in Princeton, how 'bout Thomas Sweets??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from borderjumper. Show borderjumper's posts

A couple of more north of the city:

1) Hodgies in Amesbury. Either come hungry or order the smallest size they have.

2) Lago's Lone Oak in Rye, NH. They give good sized portions and their ice cream is first rate. Highly recommended.

3) Annabelle's in Portsmouth, NH. This is the closest of these places to a mass production operation but their ice cream is of very good, consistent quality and it is available all year not just from Patriots Day to Columbus Day.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lilguy. Show lilguy's posts

Crescent Ridge Dairy in Sharon was rated top 10 in the WORLD by national geographic....you can't beat it.� Huge portions and great flavors.� I had this huge sundae that was in a half gallon container....unreal!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from swannnnn. Show swannnnn's posts

Scoops on martha's vineyard is by far the best! plus, their sprinkles are unreal

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatsshakin. Show whatsshakin's posts

I didn't see any mention of Sundae School on the cape... they have locations in Harwich, Dennis and Orleans.� Definitely great homemade ice cream and their whipped cream is the best!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pmarhi. Show pmarhi's posts

Speaking of the Cape, two of the best anywhere are Four Seas in Centerville and Cape Cod Creamery in South Yarmouth. Four Seas is the third oldest ice cream shop in New England and considered by ice cream connoisseurs to be one of the best in the country. Cape Cod Creamery was voted Best Ice Cream on Cape Cod 2006 by Explore New England and best ice cream in the mid-Cape by Cape Cod Life. I can attest to both having outstanding ice cream! BTW, I eat ice cream 365 days a year. My favorite in the Boston area is Bedford Farms in Bedford. Great ice cream ( I think it's Richardson's) and huge portions. And if you do have to buy ice cream in the supermarket, nobody beats Starbucks. The Coffee Almond Fudge is to die for, and the Java Chip ain't bad, either. I'm addicted.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2007bride. Show 2007bride's posts

By far the best is Rancatore's in Belmont.� I don't see how any other chocolate ice cream compares to Rancatore's Callebaut.� It also doesn't hurt that they have the best hot fudge - it's like a liquid brownie.I also grew up on Brigham's.� They have absolutely perfect chocolate chip and "Just Jimmies" is to die for.�

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scomac111. Show scomac111's posts

Heidi's Hollow in Hanson - definitely the best!� Frappes to die for!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hmsmith38. Show hmsmith38's posts

Treadwells Ice Cream in Peabody!� It is worth the 25 minute drive from Boston!� The ice cream�is made from�a homemade recipe, they have enough flavors to make your head spin in addition to the delicious frappes, floats and sundaes.� The banana slplit is large enough to feed a family of four and the "small" serving is enough for an entire meal!�� As if all that was not enough, the service is stellar- welcoming and dedicated to making your ice cream experience the best you have ever had!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosismooses. Show mosismooses's posts

Best I have been to:

Kimballs - Westford

Crescent Ridge - Sharon

Herrells - Brighton