Favorite place for ice cream?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1264766. Show user_1264766's posts

[Quote]The Best in all the land ERIKSON'S DAIRY ICE CREAM. Rt 117 Maynard Ma..

[/Quote]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1264766. Show user_1264766's posts

Erickson's is the absolute best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from merlinmurph. Show merlinmurph's posts

I'm with medwayfan - Blask Cow in Millis. They try different flavors all the time and come up with some good stuff. I had pumpkin ice cream once and loved it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ding79. Show ding79's posts

[Quote]JP Licks Davis Square

Kohr Bros. Custard and Rita's Water Ice for anyone else who� knows to venture south to PA/Jersey areas!!
    [/Quote]

I'm incredibly happy to find out that a Rita's Water Ice just opened up in Salem. I've been a few times, and it's just as delicious as every time I got it down in Philadelphia. A great alternative to the norm.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kara241085. Show kara241085's posts

Richardson's is pretty delicious, but as a proud south shore native I couldn't consciously choose Richardson's as the best in the state. The best ice cream i've had is at the following shops: Erikson's in Carver (old school stand off of rt 58--off the beaten path but SO worth the trip for grapenut ice cream); Dairy Twist in Pembroke (be prepared to wait in line 20 minutes any given time during the summer); Ben & Bills Emporium Falmouth Ctr (there is also one in Northampton, but i'm partial to Falmouth--the peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough is heaven); Smittys in Falmouth (the best lemon ice cream!!)

In addition to being lactose intolerant, I am extremely health conscious and eat ice cream only on occassion, but any of these places are certainly worth the splurge!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhar14. Show jhar14's posts

Benson's on Route 133 in Boxford has actual pieces of fruit inside of their premium home made ice cream......when it is in season, try the raspberry, blueberry, or peach

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J1aN. Show J1aN's posts

As indicated by the responses so far, lot's of places have good ice cream.
    Whether any one is much better than another seems like a pointless
    discussion.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjporter51. Show sjporter51's posts

Cotes, Maine Street Brunswick, Maine

Personal Favorite, Black Raspberry w a scoop of Red Rasberry chocholate chip.
    Check out the Farmers markets on Tuesday, then..stop at Cotes, and again after dinner.

Steve

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shontata. Show shontata's posts

CRESCENT RIDGE IN SHARON
    EXSPENSIVE BUT WORTH IT

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mmmz. Show mmmz's posts

Re: Favorite place for ice cream?

Crescent Ridge in Sharon has the best ice cream.  I've had others that sound like they should be as good, including Peaceful Meadows and Richardons, but they're just not as tasty, not as rich and creamy.  FYI, we usually get a vanilla based flavor and a chocolate based flavor.

P.S. I shouldn't dis anything in particular but really, what is up with the wild love of Coldstone's????  That stuff is not good at all...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HometownGirl. Show HometownGirl's posts

Why is Bedford Farms never mentioned - it's awsome!

Kimball's and Richardson's is right up there too.

Yum Yum Yum !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yknot. Show yknot's posts

Juice Bar on Nantucket

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from singuanti. Show singuanti's posts

Crescent Ridge in Sharon....No place better!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from boxmain. Show boxmain's posts

You missed Benson's in Boxford.  The best strawberry ice cream anywhere.  It is made with local strawberries in small batches.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MAMA2nat. Show MAMA2nat's posts

Re: Favorite place for ice cream? TROMBETTAS in Malrboro

I cant even believe you didnt include TROMBETTA'S FARM in Marlboro. Great place for the kiddies and the ice cream- whoa! over the top wihtout having bizarre flavors or ridiculous prices.

http://trombettasfarm.com/

Stop by and say hi to the crew this weekend.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from iceycream. Show iceycream's posts

Bensons on Rt 133 in Boxford!  The best pistachio around. Go slow in the area though or you'll get nabbed by the local police.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AguaCaliente. Show AguaCaliente's posts

I was glad to see that my favorite, Sundae School, made it onto this list. I've been to many of the other places, too - all excellent. There is so much good ice cream in Massachusetts, I think it is pointless to argue about which is best. Whichever one you like is the best! I grew up in NYC - pretty much an ice cream wasteland (although perhaps things have changed since I left - early 70s).

I often pass Perry's Last Stand in Wareham and have thought of stopping there for ice cream. Don't know if it's one of the great ones, but you never know until you try.

Outside of Mass, it may be that my favorite ice cream is Graeters in Cincinnati. If you've been there, you know what I mean.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from greg5209. Show greg5209's posts

Hodgies in Amesbury and Cabot's in Newtonville -- snubbed!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kenpoblade. Show kenpoblade's posts

Richardson's in Middleton, MA is my all time favorite! In terms of taste and quality they just can't be beat. I currently reside in upstate New York and when I head back to MA in simmer two things I make sure to do, go see the Sox at Fenway and head out to Richardsons.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from H20TownBob. Show H20TownBob's posts

Ranc's in Belmont and Lexington. The Ginger is fab

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Janie123. Show Janie123's posts

Wheeler's Black Label Vegan Ice Cream is THE best!

Wheeler’s Café and Ice Cream Bar
    334 Massachusetts Avenue (at corner of Huntington Ave.), Boston, diagonally across from Symphony Hall 
    MBTA: Symphony stop on Green Line, Mass. Ave. stop on Orange Line
    617-247-0048
    Call to confirm hours
    Full service café featuring the luscious Wheeler’s Black Label Vegan Ice Cream.  The folks at Wheeler's microcreamery are not just ice cream makers, they are ice cream designers, creating a seemingly unlimited number of flavors, both traditional and highly exotic and original, using a base of soy, coconut, rice or almond milk.  Flavors in the cafe change weekly, sometimes daily.  They also make Wheeler's Private Stock, a line of alcoholic vegan ice creams modeled after popular drinks, and Wheeler's Black Label Sorbets. (From Boston Vegetarian Society website)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wednesday35. Show Wednesday35's posts

If you're in Western Mass, stop by Country Creemee in Turners Falls, MA. (east of Greenfield off I-91)

They have the best peanut butter dip over vanilla soft serve.

268 Millers Falls Road - follow signs to the airport

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gnilier. Show gnilier's posts

Blakes in Manchester, nh is by far one of my favorites.  Whenever i am in town I make it a point to visit. UMM-UMM.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-1. Show Mike-1's posts

How is it that Emack & Bolios (YUCK!) makes this list and Crescent Ridge Creamery in Sharon does not?????   E&B is probably one of the worst local ice cream chains in the state.  The only worse ice cream store in MA is Coldstone but at least they have the excuse of being a national chain.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kelleyann71. Show Kelleyann71's posts

KIMBALLS

Nothing can compare to KIMBALLS in Westford... best icecream in the state ...not to mention, driving range, mini-golf, bumper boats...

Sections
Shortcuts