How do you enjoy Boston?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCEditor. Show BDCEditor's posts

How do you enjoy Boston?

If you were recommending places to eat, see, or enjoy in Boston to an out-of-towner, where would you suggest? Share your ideas for a great date, good entertainment, or just a fun night out here.

See readers' suggestions here

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dorchesterdd. Show dorchesterdd's posts

Re: How do you enjoy Boston?

Wait - how many of the people in this story listed as "Bostonians" were actually born and raised in Boston?  "How do these current residents here for school or work enjoy Boston" should be the title.  Cool

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeBron23. Show LeBron23's posts

By staying out of Downtown Crossing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gh1111. Show gh1111's posts

In Response to Re: How do you enjoy Boston?:
    [QUOTE]Wait - how many of the people in this story listed as "Bostonians" were actually born and raised in Boston?  "How do these current residents here for school or work enjoy Boston" should be the title. 
    Posted by dorchesterdd[/QUOTE]

While I don't agree that you have to be born & raised here to call yourself a Bostonian... I think you should actually live in the City of Boston.  Almost all these pictures are taken in Harvard Square, in the City of Cambridge, and many of the folks interviewed are from Somerville and Cambridge, not Boston.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjc52. Show sjc52's posts

We like to head to the Trident on Newbury Street for a little breakfast, continue over to Commenwealth and stroll through the Public Garden and maybe a trip through the Common.  There's no reason to go to Downtown Crossing anymore and it's dangerous, even in the daylight. 
    Next we head back to our humble Fenway digs with stops at Boarders and Filene's Basement on Boylston (It's just not the same)

We also enjoy the Rose Garden and shooting hoops in the park! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cp77. Show cp77's posts

A good college hockey game on a Friday or Saturday night, especially at Agganis Arena or Matthews Arena.

http://www.bu.edu/president/img/photos/Agganis.jpg

http://hostingbytes.us/images/1/1210141.jpg

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nancydel. Show nancydel's posts

Seeing a show in the Theater District...and getting a bite to eat first at International Burger Bar (at Caprice).  Delicious, unique burgers, homemade onion rings, etc.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from senorita. Show senorita's posts

I would enjoy this article better if you had interviewed more than one person over 40. The vast majority were teenagers and early 20's. Does this represent the Boston demographic?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I really enjoy walking my dog down the Comm Ave mall.  Everytime I walk it, I notice something new.  Sitting along the pond in the Public Garden is also a great way to spend some time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cbosso. Show cbosso's posts

[QUOTE]Boston Blows !!! Enjoy Boston by getting out of this cesspool.
    Posted by amazed[/QUOTE]

I'm always amazed at any who thinks of Boston in such negative terms. I lived in several other cities before moving here 25 years ago, and I can think of few places that combine a great residential city (and I do live in the city), top cultural amenities, and ready access to beaches and mountains. As for my way to enjoy a summer day in Boston: a morning walk around Jamaica Pond, grab the T for lunch in the North End or near the waterfront (you can't beat the Barking Crab), wander back through downtown to the Common and up Commonwealth Avenue over to Copley Square. There aren't many towns in the country where you can have quite that experience. I know.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from suzy001. Show suzy001's posts

SORRY !! THIS IS A GROSS,  BORING, PROVINCIAL AND  RACIST CITY !!!  I ONLY ENJOY BOSTON WHEN IM AT THE AIRPORT AND I KNOW IM GETTING THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattred81. Show mattred81's posts

[QUOTE]Wait - how many of the people in this story listed as "Bostonians" were actually born and raised in Boston?  "How do these current residents here for school or work enjoy Boston" should be the title. 
    Posted by dorchesterdd[/QUOTE]

agree.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TarheelChief. Show TarheelChief's posts

Boston has so many wonderful free events.Music,art,and dance are all encouraged and available to students and tourists.It also has the finest book store in North America.
    The food is not only first rate,it is exceptional in range. The seafood cannot be beat and the Italian food is beyond compare.
    It would be a perfect place to tour for it also has so many great small towns like Sturbridge,Marion, Truro,Plymouth and all the towns in Rhode Island.If it weren't for the lack of driving skills and lack of patience on the roads,these small trips would be fantastic.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dukefrukem. Show Dukefrukem's posts

In Response to Re: How do you enjoy Boston? : While I don't agree that you have to be born & raised here to call yourself a Bostonian... I think you should actually live in the City of Boston.  Almost all these pictures are taken in Harvard Square, in the City of Cambridge, and many of the folks interviewed are from Somerville and Cambridge, not Boston.
    Posted by gh1111

That doesn't matter. All the surrounding cities are considered the Boston area. How many people live in Somerville and stay exclusivity in Sommerville with Boston right next door??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryTheGreek. Show HarryTheGreek's posts

House of Blues Halloween Party on Saturday will be the place to party with the fairies and drag queens. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wentiii. Show wentiii's posts

[QUOTE]Wait - how many of the people in this story listed as "Bostonians" were actually born and raised in Boston?  

Why do you have to be born and raised in Boston to have a favorite place here? I wasn't born and raised in NY, does that mean I can't appreciate Central Park or the MET? And besides, people attending school and visiting Boston help the economy. They buy things and don't take any wages. 

Sections
Shortcuts