Roadbikes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rileyandrews. Show rileyandrews's posts

Roadbikes

I am running my first marathon in April (Boston) and want to try a duatholon next.� I need to purchase a road bike and have limited knowledge of where to go and what to buy.� I live in the South End, and any advice would be helpful. Thanks

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from suzyf921. Show suzyf921's posts

Roadbikes

hi
    Fit is EVERYTHING in a bike.� I'd go to Landry's on Comm Ave (near BU campus) - they have an extensive selection and will fit the bike properly.� Or to Wheelworks in Belmont (try not to go on a sunny Saturday) which also has extensive selction and will help fit you to the bike. I'll also put in a plug for my local bike shop, Ferris Wheels in JP - not a huge selection but make sure Jeff Ferris is there and he will help find you a good bike. They carry Fuji and another brand, I think.

�I would NOT go to Community Bikes in the South End� - they will sell you what they have on hand, not what fits you.� They do have some nice bikes (bianchi and specialized I think)� but won't take the time or have the expertise to fit you properly and to win a race, your bike has to fit.�� Intl Bike (on Brighton Ave) also has a lot of bikes to choose from; not sure about the fitting aspect.� One thing is that the size as marked is almost meaningless� - it's all in the angles and those are crucial.�
    Once you know what fits you (size, make, model and year) , you might look on ebay or craigslist if money is an issue - you can sometimes find an outstanding used bike at a real deal.
    Good luck!
    Suzy

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rileyandrews. Show rileyandrews's posts

Roadbikes

Thanks for the advice.� Landrys and Wheelworks are what I'm hearing to go to. I will definitely avoid a sunny afternoon and hit both places.