Wallet-friendly after work eats?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCThingsToDoStaff. Show BDCThingsToDoStaff's posts

Wallet-friendly after work eats?

The clock hands are slowly ticking to 5 p.m. (or to 6 p.m., or to 7 p.m., or to whatever time you call it a day). Your stomach is growling. You'd love to go out with your coworkers, but you're trying to save money. No fear. We've put together a roundup of some great after work deals around the city.

Now it's your turn. Dish: Where do you go for cheap meals and snacks after work?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JCB1. Show JCB1's posts

Where's the old stand-by?

Anna's Taqueria for sure!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonbob13. Show Bostonbob13's posts

Re: Wallet-friendly after work eats?

A $1.25 slice (or three) at Haymarket Pizza, then bring it next door to wash it down with $2.00 Dos Equis at Pete's Pub. (Oops, sorry, it's Durty Nelly's now. Same place though.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from horrifying. Show horrifying's posts

When you go to for these half-priced deals, make sure that the places don't cut the size of the appetizer in half when you pay half-price, because lots of places do this. I always stake it out the night before, and, yes, I have called places out on it in the past.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TJNEWS. Show TJNEWS's posts

[QUOTE]A $1.25 slice (or three) at Haymarket Pizza, then bring it next door to wash it down with $2.00 Dos Equis at Pete's Pub. (Oops, sorry, it's Durty Nelly's now. Same place though.)
    Posted by Bostonbob13[/QUOTE]

Shhhhhhhhhhhhush ..... that was supposed to be our 'lil secret.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonallenross. Show jasonallenross's posts

Maybe if happy hour existed in Massachusetts like it does pretty much everywhere else, more people would head out after work.  That would be some economic stimulus we could all get behind!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yucky. Show yucky's posts

Head over to An Tain. Actually don't because I don't want it to be crowded. You can't beat the $1 drafts and good eats.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnyb44. Show johnnyb44's posts

Halfway Cafe!  Good food, great prices

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dune17856. Show dune17856's posts

TJ's in ashland on RT135. My wife, three kids and i can all get meals, one appetizer and drinks for all and the tab comes to ~$35 before tip. Dinner for 5 for that little i have yet to beat.

Get the junior Z burger with fries, awesome burger for $3.50!!!

Oh yeah, Try to eat out on the deck in the summer to make it more enjoyable!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from steveinrowley. Show steveinrowley's posts

Prince Pizza in Saugus does half priced pizzas on Mondays all day long!  A nice off night out

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jermcough. Show jermcough's posts

Sissy k's is one of the best spots to go after work. They have 16 oz. $1.50 drafts and an assortment of free apps til 7.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3581265. Show user_3581265's posts

Brighton Beer Garden on "$2.50 Tuesdays".  A big "classic burger" and a 16oz Miller High Life draft for $2.50 each, awesome deal especially if the sox are on TV cause then they also give away a pair of sox tickets every Tuesday night!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonbob13. Show Bostonbob13's posts

Linda needs the tips.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkas1. Show jkas1's posts

The Corner Pub in the Leather District (162 Lincoln St - near the State Street building) is a fun, inexpensive place for drinks and food after work. Very casual, fun crowd, TVs and a jukebox. They have free appetizers on Monday and Tuesday from 6-8pm and the drinks are probably the cheapest in the city. Bottled beers are $3 - $4 and I think the most expensive drink is a $8 long island - cheap and fun!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-corner-pub-boston

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from schnoo. Show schnoo's posts

[QUOTE]A $1.25 slice (or three) at Haymarket Pizza, then bring it next door to wash it down with $2.00 Dos Equis at Pete's Pub. (Oops, sorry, it's Durty Nelly's now. Same place though.)
    Posted by Bostonbob13[/QUOTE]

Hey there Bostonbob13.  Where is Haymarket Pizza?  how long does that 1.25 slice deal last?
    thanks

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nasochkas. Show Nasochkas's posts

The 5-7 deals are really great, IF you can get out of work on time. Most people these days are staying later and later =(.
    I am so sad to have to work in the burbs now, after chosing to leave my job in Harvard sq. I love my new job but missing out on after-work happenings in the city is sad. Sorry for the rant....

McCormicks and Schmicks also has great appetizers and $1 oysters from 4-7 on weeknights I believe. Dante in the Royal Sonesta also has cheap happy hour food at the bar.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whopie. Show Whopie's posts

I'm with Boston Bob  Haymarket Pizza is an unfound JEWEL of Boston .....I used to do my veggie shopping there every Sat morning. And in between rounds off to Petes Pub and hundreds of piece o pizza over the years . And they have many many kinds Linguisa is nice change from Pepperoni ......And to Schnoo Haymarket is where every weekend they set up to sell produce and some fish... Watch your back on the fish....... look for haymarket square and go out back toward rt. 93 ... it's a bit hard to find and does not look like Piece O Pizza  just a very small sign And their Pizza lasts quite a time It's used to be a Quarter of the Pizza

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from schnoo. Show schnoo's posts

[QUOTE]I'm with Boston Bob  Haymarket Pizza is an unfound JEWEL of Boston .....I used to do my veggie shopping there every Sat morning. And in between rounds off to Petes Pub and hundreds of piece o pizza over the years . And they have many many kinds Linguisa is nice change from Pepperoni ......And to Schnoo Haymarket is where every weekend they set up to sell produce and some fish... Watch your back on the fish....... look for haymarket square and go out back toward rt. 93 ... it's a bit hard to find and does not look like Piece O Pizza  just a very small sign And their Pizza lasts quite a time It's used to be a Quarter of the Pizza
    Posted by Whopie[/QUOTE]

is the pizza deal every day? what times in the day can you eat the pizza for so cheap?

thanks!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonbob13. Show Bostonbob13's posts

//Hey there BostoIt's ALWAYS nbob13.  Where is Haymarket Pizza?  how long does that 1.25 slice deal last? thanks//

It's ALWAYS $1.25 for a plain slice. $1.50 for topping. But yyu can also get a whole pie for $7.00. And if you're into doing your wn pizza, they sell their dough balls for a buck.

The place is famous among Boston cab, bus and limo drivers. They're always there.

Oh, it's on Blackstone street (110 Blackstone?). Right in front of where the Haymarket takes place.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from elliescucc. Show elliescucc's posts

Match Burgers & Martinis!! Tuesdays, beef burgers are a buck, Thursdays they have Ladies Night- girls can order ANY entree for $5 and they are starting guys night on sundays-steaks for just $4.99!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mlinboston. Show mlinboston's posts

plenty of options posted on these two articles

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1736772/budget_friendly_boston_bars.html?cat=22

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1758840/more_boston_budget_friendly_bars.html?cat=16

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ch81. Show ch81's posts

I went to Felt in Downtown Crossing, after reading about it in this Boston.com piece (AND checking their website to make sure the deal really existed, and found that they were still advertising it), and they said that the "happy hour" Wednesday night deal was no longer available.  When did they decide this if they let Boston.com publicize it just two days earlier and it was still on their website?  Not going back there, for sure... 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NormanMiller. Show NormanMiller's posts

You are depriving yourself of the very finest Buffalo Wings the world has ever known if you aren't visiting Buff's Pubb in Newton.

They are apart and away from anything you have ever tasted.

Plus there are usually lots of hotties there and they serve Bass Ale.

It is nearly enough to make me religious as this is as close to heaven as possible.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hgeorgallas. Show hgeorgallas's posts

JOSHUA TREE in Allston!! from 6-9 its half price menu with any drink, $2 coors and highlife drafts, and $3 rolling rocks! they have a TON of tvs for all the sports games!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1744743. Show user_1744743's posts

Hard Rock Cafe is advertising buy one, get one free appetizers from 5-8pm M-F and $3 Sam Seasonal draft beer. Octoberfest... yummmm.

Sections
Shortcuts