What puts you in a holiday mood?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCThingsToDoStaff. Show BDCThingsToDoStaff's posts

What puts you in a holiday mood?

The Christmas tree is up in Faneuil Hall. The Sugar Plum Fairy and the Mouse King are leaping across stage in Boston Ballet's "The Nutcracker." Peppermint mochas are on the menu at Starbucks.

What puts you in a holiday mood? What do you see around Boston that fills you with holiday cheer?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PruTower. Show PruTower's posts

Re: What puts you in a holiday mood?

Old style Christmas songs, not the modern ones get me in the mood for the holidays. Some people can't stand them but after being one of those people myself I have since learned to appeciate the once-and-awhile classics.

I've started listening to them before Thanksgiving. It just seems odd that the radio will play them before Thanksgiving but end it to the minute when Christmas Day is over leaving you feeling "cut-off" from the holiday spirit and left with nothing up to New Years Eve.

It would be nice to hear them while taking down the decorations afterwards. Less of a bummer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bynxers. Show Bynxers's posts

One word: SNOW

Judging from the weather right now though- that won't be happening....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HummBugg. Show HummBugg's posts

Hearing Cheech & Chong's "Santa Claus & His Ol' Lady".

Also, seeing my woman in her naughty-but-ohhh-soo-nice "Santa's Helper" outfit......Woo-Hooo!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ginger-. Show Ginger-'s posts

Old school animated Grinch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ron7236. Show Ron7236's posts

Watching the original 'A Christmas Carol' film. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Suzadelic. Show Suzadelic's posts

Just being in Boston. As an expat (live in London now), I miss Peppermint Bark (thank you W&S), the Boston Pops, Christmas drives through lit-up neighborhoods, happy people - you guys don't know what you have!! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mary1. Show mary1's posts

Pops Christmas concerts, having an advent wreath and candles, It's a Wonderful Life with Jimmy Stewart, White Christmas with Bing Crosby, choruses singing Christmas songs and snow.