What's your favorite independent coffee shop?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGovernment. Show TheGovernment's posts

Re: What's your favorite independent coffee shop?

Dear Snobs (that is you Jcon and bandit09)
    Thanks for the geography lesson, less than a 10th of people in MA live in Boston maybe they wanted to expand their range about a whole 2 miles outside the "city" limits. Most people consider Cambridge more of Boston than JP, no one in JP says they're from Boston either

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbeAnderson. Show BobbeAnderson's posts

A more reasonable answer would be buying a reusable cup.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kenmedford. Show kenmedford's posts

Sophie from Medford: Check out Mystic Coffee Roaster, 30 Riverside Ave., Medford Square. DD cofee it is NOT!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhvhjv. Show jhvhjv's posts

http://www.b2cshop.us

╱◥█◣ ╱◥█◣
    |田|田||田|田|

Welcome to ..... --  http://www.b2cshop.us --....
        HOT SELL Product Brand is below:
       BOOT ,nike shoes,air jordan shoes,nike shox shoes,gucci shoes ,true religion

jeans, ed hardy jeans,coogi jeans,affliction jeans, Laguna Beach Jeans,ed hardy

T-shirts,Coogi T-shirts,Christian Audigier T-shirts,Gucci T-shirts,Polo T-

shirts,coach handbag,gucci handbag,prada handbag,chanel handbag .
        Air jordan(1-24)shoes $33
        UGG BOOT $50
        Nike shox(R4,NZ,OZ,TL1,TL2,TL3) $35
        Handbags(Coach lv fendi d&g) $35
        Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $16
        Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30
        Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,Armaini) $16
        New era cap $15
        Bikini (Ed hardy,polo) $25
        free shipping
         ------  (  http://www.b2cshop.us ) ---

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vmsmith3. Show vmsmith3's posts

I have two in Reading: Swiss Bakers and The Hot Spot. Great people, good coffee, fantastic food. The Hot Spot even has an old-time wood screen door that slams shut just like on a cabin!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from paz22. Show paz22's posts

In Response to Re: What's your favorite independent coffee shop?:
    What about True Grounds in Somerville?  Way better food and coffee than Diesel and Bloc 11.
    Posted by redsox197785

Yes! You read my mind.  Free hour of wifi, awesome, low-key atmosphere.  Got to give True Grounds some love here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunny202. Show bunny202's posts

Ula in JP's Brewery complex makes a latte with a thick creamy texture and a unique molasses overtone.  Gets my vote....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilikeUalatte. Show ilikeUalatte's posts

True Grounds is practically in my backyard and I want it to be my local coffee shop...really I do! I completely agree with people who have amazing things to say about the ownership & food (they bake their own baked goods!) but it's not a place I'd go for good coffee or an amazing latte. The quality of their coffee/espresso beans are terrific but it's like they don't know how to brew the best out of their beans. I've never had a cup of coffee or latte at True Grounds that can hold it's own against Diesel Cafe's caffeine!

Another reason to check out Diesel that wasn't mentioned in this article -- they make their own soups -- from scratch! I think they have a yummy food menu, in general, too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GElligan. Show GElligan's posts

Mine would be Crown Bakery & Cafe in Worcester, MA. Their cakes are what I like especially.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from littledracula. Show littledracula's posts

I can't believe that you failed to include True Grounds Cafe and CoffeeHouse in this piece! This cozy cafe has been a staple of Ball Square in Somerville for the past 7 years, and has amazing George Howell Terroir Coffee, MEM Teas, and incredible specialty-holiday drinks and baked goods. They make all their scones and muffins from scratch, for Pete's sake! They also support other local, independent businesses, like Taza, Shape-Up Somerville, and Strawberry Moon (whose gluten-free pumpkin whoopie pies are out. of. con.trol.) Tisk tisk, Boston.com! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fzas. Show fzas's posts

I still miss the Coffee Connection in Harvard Square and their rocket fuel. One time my brother and I were in there loading up...then we went out for a run along the Charles. "Hey, let's pass THAT guy," one of us would say; then we'd speed up and whiz by. Now it's a SBUX, or was the last time I looked. Big downgrade.
    Posted by AguaCaliente

My mom still has one of th eoriginal Coffee Connection mugs - the one with the little red beans on it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GilEgan. Show GilEgan's posts

Polcari's Coffee Shop is very good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from claraisabelle. Show claraisabelle's posts

i work for Starbucks. I've worked there for 2.5 years, and KooKoo Cafe on Station Street in Brookline is my favorite FAVORITE cafe. I also prefer Espresso royale to the bux.
    Posted by juli4

You are right - I love KooKoo, too.  Also try Cafe Fixe in Washington Square, Brookline.  Minimal food offerings, but the coffee (latte) is amazing. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bello13. Show Bello13's posts

Caffe Graffiti in the North End - although I miss the old Hanover Street location. the new Graffiti on Cross Street across the new RKGreenway is still my favorite caffe - great espresso and Iced Mochas in the summer!

Another Italian hit is the Caffe Vittoria - can't go wrong with the classic interior and he coffee is good.

For the old fashioned cup of joe - I like Boston Common Coffee (or beanstock) on Salem Street in the North End - great American coffee and muffin tops, cookies and scones and breakfast and lunch sandwhiches.

Caffe lil' Italy also has a decent cup of coffee across the Old North Church!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brooksby. Show Brooksby's posts

I still miss the Coffee Connection in Harvard Square and their rocket fuel. One time my brother and I were in there loading up...then we went out for a run along the Charles. "Hey, let's pass THAT guy," one of us would say; then we'd speed up and whiz by. Now it's a SBUX, or was the last time I looked. Big downgrade.
    Posted by AguaCaliente

There used to be a Coffee Connection in Lexington too and the manager had the shop filled with green plants...it was a real joy in the winter ...the coffee was great too...I still have one of their coffee cups too...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mdav86. Show mdav86's posts

Didn't realize what a coffe-addict I was until I looked at your list and I kept checking off shops that I've frequented over the years.  But if you could just...Wait, hold that thought.  I have to grab a cup of Joe and I'll be right back.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dr12487. Show dr12487's posts

Mud House in Dorchester should be on this list.

Twice. Maybe even three times, that's how good it is.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkell324. Show mkell324's posts

Sidewalk cafe in southie.  Great coffee, pizza, dinners and sandwiches they deliver too, Great way to hold onto your parking spot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GunghoGuy. Show GunghoGuy's posts

DEMPSEY'S IN MEDFORD'S HAINES SQUARE AREA HAS FREE COFFEE REFILLS WITH A FULL BREAKFAST FOR $5.00.....GOOD ATTENTIVE WAIT/STAFF ALONG WITH A VERRY CONGENIAL OWNER....ALWAYS BUSY AT BREAKFAST TIME....SEE YOU THERE EVERY TUESDAY MORNING :-)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from emattie. Show emattie's posts

Clear Conscious Cafe on Mass Ave in Cambridge's Central Square!  I love that they are socially responsible.  They used green building materials.  They serve fair trade products.  They have recycling.  Their baked goods are great and I love the chai lattes.  Nice place to go sit and read/study. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmleone. Show jmleone's posts

Absolutely love The Bean & Leaf Cafe on the corner of Custom House and India street in downtown Boston.  Great espresso and coffee with great service

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmt4. Show dmt4's posts

flour on farnsworth st., staff is generally very friendly there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rschluss. Show rschluss's posts

True Grounds has fantastic coffee, friendly staff, and amazing owners.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mortimer. Show mortimer's posts

In Response to What's your favorite independent coffee shop?:
    The super smooth, dark roasted beans at Ride Studio Cafe in Lexington always leaves me shaking with a good caffeine jolt.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from otromono. Show otromono's posts

Sofra Bakery & Cafe in Cambridge makes mean espresso drinks, to accompany the awesome menu. They make their own mocha syrup and it's amazing. Plus the iced teas they make are delicious and refreshing, try the Dunia's with black iced tea, date rose syrup and pine nuts on top.

BTW, I think June Bug in JP closed.

Sections
Shortcuts