Where do you go for gelato?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCThingsToDoStaff. Show BDCThingsToDoStaff's posts

Where do you go for gelato?

Feeling hot, hot, hot? See our gelato suggestions and cool down with this creamy, intensely flavored treat. Agree with our ideas? Disagree? Where do you get your gelato?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cnorth36. Show cnorth36's posts

Re: Where do you go for gelato?

Bella's at 75 Main St Putnam Connecticut...they make their own on the premises...mmmmm good!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kellybellybean. Show kellybellybean's posts

Dolce Freddo in Methuen has *amazing* gelato.  It's the best I've ever had.  The mascarpone (which I've only been able to get a couple of times) is simply divine.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joelato. Show Joelato's posts

DownRiver Ice Cream is my fave.

DownRiver Ice Cream in Essex makes their own gelatos.  The cappucino (I had them make a frappe for me) was terrific.  My wife had strawberry (they grow their own strawberries right there) was outstanding, and I don't really like strawberries.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notkennyg. Show notkennyg's posts

Gigi Gelateria is absolutely the WORST gelato I have ever eaten.  I threw it away into the trash after 2 bites.  It tasted like eating diet ice cream that thawed out then they refroze.  It was a waste of five bucks.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lopy. Show lopy's posts

At Paradiso, my waiter nearly refused to serve me chocolate gelato with a lemon sorbet, saying it was a health risk. (!!) I am fine, nearly 10 years later, and I still like my chocolate with citrus.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 22much. Show 22much's posts

I had to find a place to ask about the parlour that charges over 5 bucks for "free range cows"'s milk.  Is their such thing as a cow that doesn't range free, except when it is being milked?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marianewport. Show Marianewport's posts

In downtown Hyannis, try Gelato shop just off Main Street...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antigravity. Show antigravity's posts

The best gelato I've had in The States is at Angelato in Belmont, but even that doesn't compare to the stuff you get in Florence, Italy.

It's amazing how much better the gelato is in Italy. Italians say, it's the water.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greekmom2005. Show Greekmom2005's posts

Violet Gelato is my favorite flavor although I am not sure where to get it here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackie273655. Show jackie273655's posts

try bon bon on Mass ave near symphony hall- a little pricey but very good!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lindonderry. Show lindonderry's posts

No where that cost $3.00 per a scoop!!! Over priced in my opinion

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from eyebrough. Show eyebrough's posts

VIA Italian Table in worcester

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacePedestrian. Show SpacePedestrian's posts

Dolce Freddo Gelato on Merrimack St. in Methuen...owned and operated by an Italian emigrant with all of the specialized equiptment to do it right.  So tasty

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KenFaulkner. Show KenFaulkner's posts

Gelato Fiasco in Brunswick, ME has hands down the best Gelato around! Their gelato is made fresh each day and many flavors are made with local ingredients. Not only is their gelato fantastic, it is a cool place to hang out with their many couches, board games, and music playing in the background.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbmo. Show rbmo's posts

I have never had gelato in Boston that was worth a repeat visit. After living a block away from the national winner in Bologna...nothing comes close. Pistachio gelato shouldn't be flavored with almond extract. It should be the color of a pistachio nut, and taste like one too.

But hope springs eternal...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNibble. Show TheNibble's posts

What is gelato?

What's the difference between gelato, ice cream, frozen yogurt, and custard? Find out in this ice cream glossary: http://www.thenibble.com/reviews/main/desserts/ice-cream-definitions.asp

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnyL. Show AnnyL's posts

I go to Dolce Freddo Gelato in Methuen and Newburyport, MA.  The best gelato ever...even better than Italy.  It's made fresh on the premises.
    www.dfgelato.com

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

North End. Cafe Vittorio. Best coffee also. bg.

Sections
Shortcuts