Where do you see movies?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Where do you see movies?

While many smaller movie theaters have been replaced by multiplexes, there are still some independent choices out there: the Somerville Theater, for one.

Do you prefer to see movies at big theaters or at independent theaters? Why? What's your favorite place to catch a flick?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yeibichei. Show yeibichei's posts

Where do you see movies?

The Exeter Street theater. That's closed? How about the huge screen at the Charles? That's closed? The Nickolodeon then, they have a nice big screen. That's closed? The Paris? Cinema 733? The Orson Welles has got to be open.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mutantenemy. Show mutantenemy's posts

Where do you see movies?

I tend not to go the movies as much as I used to because it has become such a bad experience. Everytime I go to a movie there is someone talking, a cell phone is ringing, an underage child is in the movie or people are engaging in generally rude behavior. It makes me so sad because I used to love going to the movies, but I just cannot bear it anymore. It seems that everyone thinks they are sitting in their own living room and do not seem to care about anyone else's experience but their own. If I do go to a movie I have to mentally prepare to be outraged or just plan flabbergasted by other people's bad behavior.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from suey63. Show suey63's posts

Where do you see movies?

I like the Watham Landmark Embassy. Good movies!! Not too big.

Second choice - my very comfortable couch :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from alm529. Show alm529's posts

Where do you see movies?

Cabot Cinema in Beverly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zavski88. Show zavski88's posts

Where do you see movies?

It's not always the theater, but the company that makes the movie viewing experience!� The International Arthouse Meetup group on meetup.com takes in flicks mostly at the Brattle, MFA, HFA, Coolidge and Kendall theaters.� They're all great places, but the discussion afterwards is also great!� Get ready for the Boston Independent Film Festival!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from johndoe678. Show johndoe678's posts

Where do you see movies?

Personally, my two favorites are the Landmark Embassy in Waltham, and Coolidge Corner in Brookline.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcq. Show tcq's posts

Where do you see movies?

Isn't it amazing?� I've made the same comment many times.� There are so many rude idiots that behave as if�they are alone in their living rooms.� I was at a�show at the West Newton Cinema a few weeks ago where there were 3�separate�pairs, in different parts of the theater, having conversations�during the entire movie.�� They�made no�attempt to keep�their voices down.�I wish that�something could be done.��Maybe theaters could offer special�showings restricted to�people that�will behave.� I would pay more for my ticket and go to more movies.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from alex4444. Show alex4444's posts

Where do you see movies?

Whenever possible, I head over to the Coolidge.� There's no place better to see a film.�
    The Dedham Community Theater is also a great spot, with the Museum of Bad Art and the fresh popcorn.
    These places make you feel as though going to the movies is still something special - clearly they love the movies as much as the movie-goers - and it shows.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yeibichei. Show yeibichei's posts

Where do you see movies?

I like the Brattle, but a real turn-off is the snickering that takes place during some of the older movies by the smarter-than-thou bunch who fail to take the movie in the context of the time it was made. Saw a great Cary Grant movie there once "Only Angels Have Wings" that was ruined by the laughter during scenes in which an obvious model plane was shown. They didn't have CGI back then folks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carol123. Show carol123's posts

Where do you see movies?

showcase Randolph

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from localgirl. Show localgirl's posts

Where do you see movies?

The Somerville Theatre in Somerville and the Capitol Theatre in Arlington. Reduced prices, good popcorn, ice cream, desserts, wine, beer and a nice clean theatre.

http://www.somervilletheatreonline.com/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazed. Show amazed's posts

Where do you see movies?

Easy one here.....No frills theatre ................ Cameo in Weymouth.Flicks cost like 2 bucks and it's very old school.�All out theatre ............... The Lux @ Randolph.Reserved parking, in-seat wait service, beer, wine, and good eats (what more could you want?)���

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazed. Show amazed's posts

Where do you see movies?

tcq.....If you're willing to pay more, try the Lux @ the Randolph theatre.You're actually separated from the masses and it's only open to people 21+.Well worth it.��

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cynf. Show cynf's posts

Where do you see movies?

The Wilton Town Hall Theater in New Hampshire is a great independent movie house. I love the 1940's look with the red velvet curtain, the stage, and the music played from that era. The popcorn is freshly popped and they serve it with real butter. The theater features the latest independent flicks and foreign films along with award winning movies. If your ever in the Mondadnock region its a must see.