Your perfect day?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCThingsToDoStaff. Show BDCThingsToDoStaff's posts

Your perfect day?

Notable Bostonians -- including Ming Tsai, Bo Burnham, and Kevin McBride -- told us about their ideal summer days. If you had one free day to do whatever you wanted, what would you do? Where would you go? Who would you spend it with?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from damanlarry. Show damanlarry's posts

Re: Your perfect day?

In Response to Re: Your perfect day?:
    My perfect day? Me, my husband and my two dogs. Moving truck backing into driveway. Pack up house, get in car and head anywhere that isn't this miserable state, or any state that even touches it! Cheer with unbelievable glee as we see the "Now leaving Massachusetts" sign.
    Posted by disco2000

I'm sorry you're unable to leave.  What a tragic way to go thru life- not being able to live where you want.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beer812. Show beer812's posts

So let me see if I get this straight:

A "blogger", and a "Teen U-Tube Sensation" (whatever that is), were interviewed for a piece in which NOTABLE BOSTONIANS are supposed to be giving their ideas on a perfect day?  It must have been a very, very, very, very, very SLOW newsday today.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rrs18. Show rrs18's posts

Disco2000. Its too bad you are stuck it a terrible situation. But there are probably lots of spoiled brats in situations like yours. Some are in Somalia. 

I think Ming Tsai is on the right track. I wish i were going with him for the lobster rolls and clams.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankylee. Show hankylee's posts

In Response to Re: Your perfect day?:
    My perfect day? Me, my husband and my two dogs. Moving truck backing into driveway. Pack up house, get in car and head anywhere that isn't this miserable state, or any state that even touches it! Cheer with unbelievable glee as we see the "Now leaving Massachusetts" sign.
    Posted by disco2000

perception is everything. get positive and your life will follow. You live on the coast (or about an hour away) which has great beaches and two magical islands. One of the best cities in the world, offering a myriad of wonderful experiences if you would open your eyes (or your heart.)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dorchesterdd. Show dorchesterdd's posts

would include winning enough money in the lottery to completely take any stress about money away from my family and I for generations to come.

it would include also several trips to the gucci, louis vuitton and chanel stores, the purchase of a condo in boston, one in miami beach and the immediate scheduling of a face lift, dental work and the hiring of a new trainer to whip my formerly nice a s s into shape. 

then i'd buy a cute little dog to keep me company.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zitface. Show zitface's posts

4 am go to hs basketball gym 11pm come home

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 66que. Show 66que's posts

1) Wake up to a nice sunny day
    2) Have a coffee and read the paper while still in bed
    3) Make my way to my Pilates studio for an hour workout
    4) Meet up with one or more friends for lunch
    5) Go to my dance studio for a couple of hours
    6) Go to Whole Foods without having to be concerned about the expense
    7) Make a fabulous dinner for friends
    8) Have some give me a foot massage
    9) Go to sleep

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RememberTheAlamo. Show RememberTheAlamo's posts

Kool

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rj83librarian. Show rj83librarian's posts

Drop a couple of hits of acid and see where the path may lead.............

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from atm1802. Show atm1802's posts

Ummm, pretty sure (and by pretty sure i mean certain) that McBride got knocked the heck out by Tyson.....45 seconds into the fight. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GAC66. Show GAC66's posts

My very own perfect day in Boston...

(1) Take the commuter rail to Wellesley and run the second half of the marathon route.
    (2) Cruise over to the Arnold Arboretum and take a nap under a tree.
    (3) Lunch at Doyle's Cafe in JP.
    (4) People-watching on Newbury Street. Or Trader Joe's on Beacon Street in Brookline...
    (5) Drinks at the Bull & Finch Pub served up by Brian Cawley.
    (6) Dinner at Hamersley's in the South End.
    (7) Concert at the B of A Pavillion, preferably The Decemberists.
    (8) Late night pints at Matt Murphy's Pub in Brookline Village.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from liamaidan. Show liamaidan's posts

I have traveled as well - over 300 cities and 30 countries - and I beg to differ that Boston does not compare. It seems to me that you would end up being miserable anywhere. Every city you mention has it share of issues as well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ennui. Show ennui's posts

Any day that I can wake up and smell fresh coffee brewing, see and feel the warmth of sunshine or cool rain on my face, smell the  salty ocean air, enjoy the company of family and friends, chat with neighbors and enjoy my home, is a perfect day.

Happy Fourth of July

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from happybear. Show happybear's posts

Wake up on a morning just like today.
    Make coffee, breakfast & hit my deck and admire my house & yard.
    Read boston.com , smoke a little pot.
    When my wife wakes , I say something really really funny to her.
    I think to myself, how the hell did I ever convince that fox to marry me.
    Hit the road for a 3 mile run. 
    Come back take a nap on the deck in the sun.
    Wake up see my wife & again say something really really funny.
    Take the rest of the day as it comes.
    No rules & timelines. Thats a perfect day.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from HappyGardener61. Show HappyGardener61's posts

Getting up real early when it just begins to get lightand the birds are singing, about 4:30am. Make a pot of coffee and enjoy several cups while listening to the birds sing and ponder their happiness. Smoke a couple of joints while enjoying the coffee and the great out of doors. Ponder how great life is since my husband died and I received an incredible insurance settlement. Then I love spending the rest of morning working in my garden. At lunch, I enjoy a fresh tomato sandwich, have several tall glasses of scotch, and enjoy another joint. After lunch, I enjoy the the afternoon in my garden again...getting lost in my work. Dinner is a large steak on the grill, a nice shower, several beers and joints while watching the Red Sox on my large screen HD TV. After the game, I dose off and ponder how thankful and lucky I am to enjoy life the way I love every day, because every day is just perfect.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Agentmufff. Show Agentmufff's posts

Noon - Wake up
    1:00 AM - Make maps of Hawaii (see urban dictionary dot com for meaning)
    2:00 AM - Sleep (AKA the naps portion of "Maps 'n Naps")

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Oh-the-Humanity. Show Oh-the-Humanity's posts

Depends on whether it's summer or winter.

Summer: girlfriend wakes me with a phone call at 7:30 AM, says she wants some swim lessons; I recommend that we start with the breast stroke; she says "You're bad", but doesn't hang up. We decide to go to the beach where we'll jog, fly a kite, maybe sail a small boat and, oh yeah, have a swim lesson.

Both being adhd, sun bathing is played out in about 20 minutes.  We commandeer some bikes and bike to a quaint tourist trap town about ten miles away.  The temperature is mid-70's, wind about 10 miles an hour, blue skies, sunshine. We walk along the boardwalk and visit some gift stores while the road dirt and sweat blows off us. Then it's to a waterside restaurant for some sea food, pasta salad, watermelon or rhubarb pie. We keep our "breadhooks" in so that a gull doesn't steal our food. Bike back, outdoor shower, get ready for dinner and village band concert. Dinner dress is something like cotton or linen that feels good on a light sunburn, shows off a tan, and no socks allowed with footwear.

We get a good seat at the band concert(bring your own lawn chair), and remarkably, dance without being self conscious when invited to by the band leader. We end the day with some star gazing at the beach; there's enough of a breeze so that you can hear the "glong" of moored sailboats' rigging against masts, a gentle surf for sound effect, and the sea smells are just right. And of course, we smooch.

Life is good. Eat your heart out, damanlarry.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Oh-the-Humanity. Show Oh-the-Humanity's posts

P.S. -- great question. I think I'll try to think up a new answer every day.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from violet500. Show violet500's posts

My perfect day....I wake up.

And if I get to spend it with family and friends even better.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thrill23D. Show Thrill23D's posts

atm1802, you're thinking of McNeely, not McBride. You should have stuck with pretty sure. disco2000, if you're that highly educated, you'd be smart enough to leave a place you hate so much. You should get your money back that you spent getting so highly educated.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chillis26. Show chillis26's posts

So what would a perfect day for me consist of?  At first it sounds like an easy enough question, I mean really.  Interestingly enough it has proved to be hard nut to crack.  There are so many different things I would like to do in a given day that keeping the “day” doable is the tricky part.  I really cannot ski in the morning and go to a Sox game too!  In a perfect world yes but this is just a perfect day.  O.K. here it goes!

I guess my real perfect day would be in July, a Saturday at 7 a.m.  I’d start the day outside with breakfast at Cranes beach consisting of lox on an egg bagel with tomatoes, capers, cream cheese, thinly sliced red onion and cucumbers and honeydew melon(on the side).  In my other hand would be the best cup of coffee, cream no sugar please.  I would be sitting on the sand watching the ocean and just take it all in, feeling the breeze and listing to what the ocean says.  I like watching the piping plovers scurry along the sand looking for whatever it is that they look for.  This would go on for abut 2 hours.  In that time I would have gone swimming and flown one of my kites.

9- 10:30 Drive home, shower and get ready to head into town. 

It’s a wonderful summer day so I would plan on spending as much time as possible outside.  I would drive into the Back Bay and there would be the perfect parking spot waiting for me.  The meter would be broken and I would not have to pay and I could stay there all day.  Getting a great parking spot in town is like hitting the lottery!  It’s about 10:45 and I would walk from Arlington St. to Fenway with my camera taking pictures of the beautiful summer mid morning in Boston

That might take me up to 12:45.  Perfect! I have just enough time to get a beer and an Italian sausage with peppers and onions.  There is something about getting one of these at Fenway; I could eat like 4 of em!  I finish my “snack” and make it inside because I have tickets in the first row of box 30 (right on the first base line) for a 1 o’clock game against the Yankees!  And since it is my perfect day I am able to bring my camera with me! This could happen. I take hundreds of shots!  This too could happen.  Several of which are bought by the Globe and Sports Illustrated for thousands of dollars! O.K. this probably will not happen but one can hope.   I know back to reality.  Of course the Sox win with a grand slam in the bottom of the 15 inning!

The game lets out at about 5 o’clock.  I make my way down to Bukowski's in town at 50 Dalton St.  I spin the beer wheel behind the bar and try a new and delicious beer.  I would totally get something from their kitchen if I didn’t already have plans for dinner. I have reservations at The Capital Grille on Newbury for 6:30.   I get there a little early so I can sit at the bar and order a Hendricks martini extra dry.  I love their olives; they are as big as a small plum and they give you three of them! Um…… I get seated and order my meal.  I start with 12 oysters and proceed to order the spinach with warm bacon dressing salad for a starter.  Entrée is the Kona crusted dry aged sirloin with caramelized shallot butter medium rare with the roasted seasonal mushrooms and lyonnaise potatoes as sides.  Now I need another martini!

After Dinner I would want go to a cool place and see some live music.  Cambridge here I come.  I hop in my car and again find yet another perfect parking spot right in front of the Middle East at around 8.  I get inside and am surprised to find that my friends had the same idea and we all meet up and round out a great day!  Besides, perfect days are great and all but they’re so much better when you are able to share them.

P.S.  Thanks for the homework assignment!  It has really made me think.  It took me all day to think this thing through.   Look at the use of alliteration. 

Sections
Shortcuts