Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

From Boston to NYC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

From Boston to NYC

Hi eliza, I would say� - rent a car, since you say "for the day".(I am assuming, you will just go there and come back the same day) . Ittakes only 4 hours to get there by car, and you will have the car whilevisiting and going places. But taking� any kind of publictransportation, will take just the same amount of time, maybe more -and you still have to pay for getting around in NY city. Cab, bus -whatever.
    If you don't want to drive yourself, maybe Greyhound bus will be a goodchoice. Takes you from the center of Boston to the center of NYC. Butit will stop several places along the way to take up passengers - so iftime is your limit (one day, you said) that will not work out for you.
    Hope you will have a nice stay in Boston, but to do both Boston AND NYCin 3 - 4 days is in my opinion stretching a bit too much. It will belike doing Los Angeles and San Francisco in 3 - 4 days.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

From Boston to NYC

Well, have a happy trip to Boston as well as NYC - whichever way you get there.

Sections
Shortcuts