Graduating? What will you miss about Boston? What won't you miss?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCTravelStaff. Show BDCTravelStaff's posts

Graduating? What will you miss about Boston? What won't you miss?

We asked 10 graduating college seniors what they've come to love about Boston the past few years -- and what one thing they'll miss the most when they leave town. What will you miss?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from globezuks. Show globezuks's posts

Re: Graduating? What will you miss about Boston? What won't you miss?

i'll miss the opportunity to receive a high paying job from deval patrick. oh well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

I think they will miss the liberal to a fault, anything goes, pro divesity lifestyle that has been encouraged by the elite hacks that run this state

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ericksoncr. Show ericksoncr's posts

So they interviewed students from BU, NU and Emerson over and over again.  Nice job in making the effort to canvass the other schools in the city like BC, Simmons, Wentworth, UMass Boston, Berklee, the list goes on...

Put a little effort into this please.

Really won't miss this rag when they shut it down today...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jprudhomme. Show jprudhomme's posts

[QUOTE]So they interviewed students from BU, NU and Emerson over and over again.  Nice job in making the effort to canvass the other schools in the city like BC, Simmons, Wentworth, UMass Boston, Berklee, the list goes on... Put a little effort into this please. Really won't miss this rag when they shut it down today...
    Posted by ericksoncr[/QUOTE]

BC is not in Boston.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulrevere1947. Show paulrevere1947's posts

The corruption of Massachusetts politics.  It's like no other on the state and federal level.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from globezuks. Show globezuks's posts

dorchesterd...because if we weren't here working making lots of money you wouldn't be able to collect that unemployment check. plus i like the fishing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cp77. Show cp77's posts

College hockey games on Friday and Saturday nights, especially the crosstown games among the Beanpot schools. College football? BU doesn't have a team. College basketball? No one goes. College baseball? What's that? Hockey, however, has it all, the rinks, the student sections, the bands, the rivalries.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from muvitonovr. Show muvitonovr's posts

[QUOTE]Native Bostonians hate transplant college students and do not miss them when they're gone.  At all.  We like having our city back to ourselves for the summer and relish the day the last moving van crashes into the overpass on Memorial Drive.  This native can't wait for the trust fund set to get the F out of town.  Hurry up and leave.   
    Posted by DorchesterD[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from muvitonovr. Show muvitonovr's posts

DorchesterD funny, you don't sound like a liberal.  You surely don't mind the student dollars coming to Boston.

All university towns settle down in summer and gear up during the school year, that's kind of the way it works.

If you dislike it, maybe you should consider moving to Idaho or something.  Life is short, don't stay where you are unhappy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chazroma. Show Chazroma's posts

Wow.  I can't believe all the negative posts.  Most of these notes are not from the students, obviously.

I came from Ohio to Boston in 1968 to attend BU.  I fell in love with this wonderful city and New England, and when I graduated, I decided to stay.  Yes, the weather can leave something to be desired, but what I like most about Boston and New England is the wonderful diversity of people, geography and culture.  In two hours I can be in Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Rhode Island or Connecticut.  Each state has it's own unique feel, geography and culture.  I love it.  I love being near the ocean, and New York City and Europe are not that far either.  As far as I'm concerned, New England is one of the most wonderful places to be in the US.

I have a great job in Copley Square and a condo in the Fenway.  To all you student-haters -- I love having so many young people around during the year.  They add zest, life, intelligence, and an energy to the city that is hard to find elsewhere.  I truly miss them over the Summer months and look forward to their return in the Fall.

I've travelled most of the country and much of Europe, and I think Boston stands out as an exemplary urban setting.

p.s.  Politics is more-or-less corrupt everywhere.  Get over it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffd. Show jeffd's posts

[QUOTE]Wow.  I can't believe all the negative posts.  Most of these notes are not from the students, obviously. I came from Ohio to Boston in 1968 to attend BU.  I fell in love with this wonderful city and New England, and when I graduated, I decided to stay.  Yes, the weather can leave something to be desired, but what I like most about Boston and New England is the wonderful diversity of people, geography and culture.  In two hours I can be in Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Rhode Island or Connecticut.  Each state has it's own unique feel, geography and culture.  I love it.  I love being near the ocean, and New York City and Europe are not that far either.  As far as I'm concerned, New England is one of the most wonderful places to be in the US. I have a great job in Copley Square and a condo in the Fenway.  To all you student-haters -- I love having so many young people around during the year.  They add zest, life, intelligence, and an energy to the city that is hard to find elsewhere.  I truly miss them over the Summer months and look forward to their return in the Fall. I've travelled most of the country and much of Europe, and I think Boston stands out as an exemplary urban setting. p.s.  Politics is more-or-less corrupt everywhere.  Get over it.  
    Posted by Chazroma[/QUOTE]

Great post!  People don't realize how lucky they are to live in such a great city and area of the country.  The people who complain probably don't get out much and their idea of a trip is to Worcester.....  I travel a lot, and there is not a city in America that has what Boston has... the only ones that come close is San Francisco, San Diego, Chicago or New York..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lyergeau. Show lyergeau's posts

I will miss all the Emersonians who contributed to this piece!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toddwindyhill. Show toddwindyhill's posts

I haven't lived in Boston.......went to BCH and BC......for well over 30 years. I've never yearned to be back in Boston........there are MANY places with a FAR better quality of real-world life....BUT, there is NO better place to attend HS and college.....NONE.......and in the last several decades I've visited some fo the most celebrated colleges in the US.......Boston was/is the crown jewel, and I suspect it will stay as such.

What I did miss from my college days?........the opportunity to meet virtaully any type of person imageable and to explore virtually any intellectual arena possible....all within a very small radius.....and just the atmosphere, so conducive to thinking outside the box and just dreaming dreams...........and some of those dreams have come true.

Go to school there.......yes.......visit there.......yes.........live there........NO.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

[QUOTE]BC is not in Boston.
    Posted by jprudhomme[/QUOTE]

Part of the campus is within Boston

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trolley71or73. Show Trolley71or73's posts

How parochial and narrowly focused Boston can be.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kkp889. Show kkp889's posts

This place is a whole; I have been to every major city in the US and many abroad and they are all better than Boston. The only unique thing about this city was GCC (gran chau chow) for late night drunk food which is now gone. Other than that summer is ok; Tias is decent and Skanktuary is a great place.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ericksoncr. Show ericksoncr's posts

[QUOTE]BC is not in Boston.
    Posted by jprudhomme[/QUOTE]
    Uh, yes it is, it straddles the line of Newton and Boston, crossing over lower campus, check it out yourself.  Oh and by the way, they spent 160 million to purchase the Brighton campus, which, if memory serves me correct, is part of Boston.  Know your facts.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from afesposit. Show afesposit's posts

The sh**ty weather, bandwagon Red Sox fans and those who base their entire lives on a baseball team.  What a bunch of losers.

I'll also miss the lousy beaches and overweight chicks that smoke Newports.

This city is a New York wanna be so bad, but can't come close. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmmeakah. Show gmmeakah's posts

[QUOTE]I haven't lived in Boston.......went to BCH and BC......for well over 30 years. I've never yearned to be back in Boston........there are MANY places with a FAR better quality of real-world life....BUT, there is NO better place to attend HS and college.....NONE.......and in the last several decades I've visited some fo the most celebrated colleges in the US.......Boston was/is the crown jewel, and I suspect it will stay as such. What I did miss from my college days?........the opportunity to meet virtaully any type of person imageable and to explore virtually any intellectual arena possible....all within a very small radius.....and just the atmosphere, so conducive to thinking outside the box and just dreaming dreams...........and some of those dreams have come true. Go to school there.......yes.......visit there.......yes.........live there........NO.
    Posted by toddwindyhill[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChefSullivan. Show ChefSullivan's posts

[QUOTE]The corruption of Massachusetts politics.  It's like no other on the state and federal level.
    Posted by paulrevere1947[/QUOTE]

Hey moron look at our neighbors to the south R.I! Dont talk down about our state when there are worse situations right next down. Think before you talk buddy

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmmeakah. Show gmmeakah's posts

I grew up in Boston, went to Northeastern, and then moved away.  I live in FL now and let me tell you, with all of the sunshine here i still long to move back home.  Yes, home.  I've never considered Florida my home - there is no sense of community here, no outpouring of concern/neighborhood, no sense of what made this country great.  My daughter had no concept of true American history until 10th grade. Politics are corrupt everywhere (not just MA - after all I live in the land of Jeb Bush).  The positives far outweigh the negatives - the only one that comes to mind negatively is the cold winters.  Crime here in MIA/Ft Lauderdale is no different - natives down here just like to prey on the unsuspecting tourists.  Once you leave Boston, if you have any sense of where you just left from, you will truly miss it. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from marina-grl. Show marina-grl's posts

[QUOTE]The corruption of Massachusetts politics.  It's like no other on the state and federal level.
    Posted by paulrevere1947[/QUOTE]

Try living in Illinois - it's even worse if you can believe it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChefSullivan. Show ChefSullivan's posts

[QUOTE]The sh**ty weather, bandwagon Red Sox fans and those who base their entire lives on a baseball team.  What a bunch of losers. I'll also miss the lousy beaches and overweight chicks that smoke Newports. This city is a New York wanna be so bad, but can't come close. 
    Posted by afesposit[/QUOTE]

Afesposit (BIG MIDDLE FINGER!!!) New York wanna be? No one bases their entire lives on a sports team. A die hard fan is just a fan. it doesn't effect the way they eat or go to the bathroom if you really wana be an idiot and use the word "entire". If you dont like it GET THE F*** OUT! If you dont live here waste your time talking about another city 

Sections
Shortcuts