Your 2008 secret places

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from donwarnersaklad. Show donwarnersaklad's posts

Your 2008 secret places

The most secret of secret places in the Boston Public Library, and in the BPL stacks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lindonderry. Show lindonderry's posts

Your 2008 secret places

Paul Rever House,

State House

Deval Patricks basement

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from manderina. Show manderina's posts

Your 2008 secret places

What's below Scollay Square

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lindonderry. Show lindonderry's posts

Your 2008 secret places

Yes you are correct. The problem is when I was choosing my screen name I hit the "I" key right next to the "O" key and I did not realise it until hit return key. I can not figure out how to correct it short of having a new screen name all togther

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjoysterbay. Show mjoysterbay's posts

Your 2008 secret places

Underneath the Globe at the Mapparium at the Mary Baker Eddy Library or the top of the MIT infinite corridor.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from arntzville. Show arntzville's posts

Your 2008 secret places

I'd like to see inside the top of the customs house tower, where peregrine falcons nest some years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1870356. Show user_1870356's posts

Your 2008 secret places

Bruins locker room at the Arena.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from punkrawk. Show punkrawk's posts

Your 2008 secret places

the old observation room at the hancock is now jack connor's personal office

i'd like to see what moon island looks like... it's the gun range for the BPD.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxtex. Show bosoxtex's posts

Your 2008 secret places

I'd like to see the top of the bell tower at Gasson Hall at BC.

And the view from a field box at Fenway a few dozen times a year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayell2. Show rayell2's posts

Your 2008 secret places

Inside the clock in the Custom House Tower, an old, old favorite

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Slack. Show Slack's posts

Your 2008 secret places

The bridge inspection catwalk under the French King Bridge acoss the Connecticut River in Greenfield. Dangle yer feet about 140 feet over the river and feel the bridge shiver.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ennui. Show ennui's posts

Your 2008 secret places

T decisions are made at a bar over a game of darts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcarty. Show jcarty's posts

Your 2008 secret places

The Civil War ramparts and casemates of Fort Warren.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from eppicha. Show eppicha's posts

Your 2008 secret places

Under the city, the sewer section some of which must go back to the city's beginning.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from katothecat. Show katothecat's posts

Your 2008 secret places

I would like to see pictures of Queen Elizabeth's latest colonoscopy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulf2006. Show paulf2006's posts

Your 2008 secret places

There is (or there used to be) a rabbit warren of void spaces beneath Atlantic Avenue that extended alll along the waterfront piers and as far "inland" as Government Center. A sizeable population of homeless people lived down there. I knew a guy from Inspectional Services who did some spellunking and found little apartments with running water and electricity. No doubt the big dig destroyed much of this but with so much of the waterfront built on fill and old piers, etc. you know some of this dark labyrinth still exists.

I'd also like a peek inside the mysterious Masonic Lodge at the intersection of Tremont and Boylston Street. the fire department has access to conduct inspections...but nobody else outside the fraternity gets inside.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pmobrien99. Show pmobrien99's posts

Your 2008 secret places

underneath Harvard....their underground tunnels / rooms. they'll never let you in, though!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Your 2008 secret places

'The dark room' in Fort Warren on George's Island

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedjgtc. Show thedjgtc's posts

Your 2008 secret places

I would like to see the secret tunnels under the North End. Rumor has it that the stolen money from the Brinks robbery is down there somewhere.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from louisdpdl. Show louisdpdl's posts

Your 2008 secret places

I, too, am fascinated by the old subway system. Back in the 90's, I remember seeing steps leading dowstairs to another train station in the Boylston St. green line station. At some point, those stairs were boarded up. I'd love to see what lies beneath the current station and any of the other stations. Also, while working on a recent project to scan a famous library's books on-line, I came across pictures of the T being built back in the late 1800's. Would love to see more of these pictures.

Also would be interested to see pics of old Boston. Ben Franklin's parent's house once stood in Boston; are there any paintings/drawings of it?

Would also love to see any truly old local grave yards.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from louisdpdl. Show louisdpdl's posts

Your 2008 secret places

I just read your response after posting mine. Thanks for the info!

Too bad the T wouldn't clean these areas up a bit and allow them to be open to the public as museums. I'd gladly pay to see them!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmako. Show jimmako's posts

Your 2008 secret places

Inside the steeple of the Old North Church...I've been up there reporting for a apst news story and I don't think many people have seen the fantastic view of the harbor, Charlestown and downtown

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from louisdpdl. Show louisdpdl's posts

Your 2008 secret places

RE: Old subway under Court St.

I hadn't heard of this before, but I'd also like to see it. I'm assuming that it's part of the original 1880's subway system that was built.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from beegirl. Show beegirl's posts

Your 2008 secret places

I would like to see inside the MFA's stacks, inside the hatchshell, or the view from the hatchshell on the 4th of July, or the inside of the goodyear blimp, or backstage of a circus or the Police Concert... ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodlady400. Show capecodlady400's posts

Your 2008 secret places

I'd like to see the inside of Minot Lighthouse off Cohasset.