Favorite diners?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnfromnorwell. Show johnfromnorwell's posts

Re: Favorite diners?

Brothers in Wakefield center. Not a classic diner in structure, but a true old school Greek-run cafeteria with great food service and proces!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RazzMattazz. Show RazzMattazz's posts

Tim's Diner in Leominster and Lou Turini's Diner in Clinton are my absolute favorites, then comes The Boulevard in Worcester.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joncormier. Show joncormier's posts

Where's the Agawam Diner and Whately Diner in this list?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WRADU. Show WRADU's posts

how can the Agawam not be on this list??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from borednma. Show borednma's posts

Salem Diner in Salem, MA!!! Don't know how this was left off of the list.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tuxcat. Show tuxcat's posts

I don't actually have a local favorite, but just wanted to say that it's very sad that there aren't more left.  I grew up in Pennsylvania, where there are more (I think), and I believe that certain areas of the country might have more as well.  I do know that many of the originals have been shipped over to Japan, where they are really popular.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthonya1962. Show anthonya1962's posts

Did you noticed that all the diners are out in the metrowest area.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RazzMattazz. Show RazzMattazz's posts

Most of the diners were made in Worcester, maybe that had something to do with it?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jopis. Show jopis's posts

Of course a Boston paper rates Eastern Mass. diners the best. But everyone knows the best diners are in Central Mass.

The Bully is tops! Only on Shrewsbury Street can you get eggs with homeade tomato gravy and a side of homeade Italian sausage that was made across the street at Derico's market.

But what about the Parkway, right across the street? Or the Edgemere in Shrewsbury, Broadway Diner and Emerald Isle at Kelly Square, or the Chadwick Square Diner which has good food and a legendary music scene?

I can think of about 10 other places in Worcester that kick Boston's butt. The Rosebud is for yuppies interested in history lessons but it's nice to see the place preserved. And don't forget, it was made in Worcester!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from djmarty2002. Show djmarty2002's posts

In Response to Favorite diners?:
    Where are your favorite diners in Massachusetts and beyond?
    Posted by BDCTravelStaff
    The Deluxe Town Diner in Watertown...a very notable omission from this list.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from caroljsheehan. Show caroljsheehan's posts

My favorite diner is the Spring Street Cafe, in West Roxbury, MA near the route 1 exit.  But all good diners are not only in metrowest or central Mass but right in city itself, but in this case on southwest corner of the city of Boston.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sixoneseven. Show sixoneseven's posts

Are you kidding? Rosebud #1? That place is horrible. The best Boston-area diner is Deluxe Town Diner in Watertown. The worst? Kelly's in Somerville.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

The Wheelhouse in N.Quincy. Great food, good prices, good portions. The coffee is great. The cook, dressed in all white, and never gets so much of a spot on his uniform. I would have stuff all over me if I worked as fast as he did.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisgal. Show chrisgal's posts

There would have been protests on Morrissey Blvd. had Casey's not made it. "Freddie- 2 all-around and burger with onions grilled in....."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from caroljsheehan. Show caroljsheehan's posts

In Response to Re: Favorite diners?:
    Are you kidding? Rosebud #1? That place is horrible. The best Boston-area diner is Deluxe Town Diner in Watertown. The worst? Kelly's in Somerville.
    Posted by sixoneseven

Well I didn't say it was everyone's favorite I did say it was my favorite because it been around a long time and yes its been a through few owners but I used to stop there before my bus came to take me to work every morning and I thought the atmosphere was quite friendly and the service was very fast nothing was too hard for them to handle.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jnukin. Show jnukin's posts

In a Pickle in Waltham. 
    Route 9 diner in Amherst. 
    Victorias in South End.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skidpalace2. Show skidpalace2's posts

Wilson's Diner in Waltham.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RazzMattazz. Show RazzMattazz's posts

"...or the Chadwick Square Diner which has good food and a legendary music scene?"

Legendary Ralph's Chadwick Square. If you never went there back in the day you missed something very special. Ralph Moberly died a few years ago and the place is still tops for their burgers and chili and great great bands. I saw Living Color there back in the day, the place was packed to the gills. And the Blue Moon upstairs? WOW, the drug-fueled daze and nights I spent there, I think I can remember some of them anyway..............maybe........

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from castleman95. Show castleman95's posts

Deluxe Town Diner in Watertown HAS to be on the list.  Miss Mendon Diner just opened...has no real track record yet.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from asilverweb. Show asilverweb's posts

Miss Adams Diner, in Adams, MA
    http://iberkshires.com/story/29811/Review-Miss-Adams-Diner-Reopens-Under-New-Management.html

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from practo. Show practo's posts

In Response to Favorite diners?:
    Where are your favorite diners in Massachusetts and beyond?
    Posted by BDCTravelStaff

I love finding new diners so I was excited when I read the list, I was just a bit disappointed to see that none of these were close to where I live.

My personal favorite is the 50's Diner in Dedham. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wsjevons. Show wsjevons's posts

In Response to Re: Favorite diners?:
    how can the Agawam not be on this list??
    Posted by WRADU

The Agawam is not on the list because it is not a very good diner. I went three times because 1) an article in Saveur raved about the fried chicken, blueberry and refridgerator pries, 2) people are fanatic about their love for the place, 3) on the way back from a trip.

The fried chicken had a decent crisp to it, but it was utterly flavorless. The blueberry pie tasted like Sysco 10 can. The 'fridge pies saved the day!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wsjevons. Show wsjevons's posts

OH THE HUMANITY!

How can Deluxe Towne Diner be left off the list!?! This is an overisght of epic proportions!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from queenb78. Show queenb78's posts

where is the Town Diner in Watertown?????

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from milleroni7654. Show milleroni7654's posts

Nice avatar RazzMattazz.

Sections
Shortcuts