Where are your favorite Massachusetts beaches?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boatacious. Show Boatacious's posts

Re: Where are your favorite Massachusetts beaches?

Hatches Harbor, Provincetown, MA. Somewhat remote, spectacular setting, amazing light, floating with the tide, warm water...    too beautifule to describe with words.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cogman. Show cogman's posts

In Centerville, private, warm waters, and no tourists! locals only- not telling you....  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevetex. Show stevetex's posts

I have to vote for the beach I visited most as a child - Nantasket Beach - especially when Paragon Park was still there.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ECCIOFFI. Show ECCIOFFI's posts

Good Harbor...love that beach!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from arhus. Show arhus's posts

Sandy Neck.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coleopter. Show coleopter's posts

Nahant is an unsung gem.  Down the beach from Lynn it's not too seaweedy, and it's more exposed to easterly swell than most north shore beaches.  And the southern end is perfumed with beach roses.  Also, its crescent shape and the small island in the distance make it somehow more spiritually evocative than Nauset.  Now if only the police would get serious about enforcing the ban on dogs from June to September.  I expect flak over this, but I don't appreciate finding dogshit along with my sun and sand.  The law is there for a reason.  As I said, Nahant is an unsung gem.  Let's keep it that way!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcommito. Show pcommito's posts

Long Point, Provincetown. Remote, isolated, quiet, adjacent to protected songbird areas, with views of Provincetown harbor, light houses, and passing boats (but without the crowds and noise).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mimi11. Show mimi11's posts

In Response to Re: Where are your favorite Massachusetts beaches?:
    Green Harbor Beach in Marshfield.  We know it as Bill's Beach. Bill Brennan
    Posted by Billbusa

I lived on humarock beach for over 60  years and it is very beautiful but all the beach around there the water is sooo cold you can't enjoy it. It is jump in get numb then get out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mimi11. Show mimi11's posts

South shore definitely under represented probably because there is no parking at most of the beaches.  Here are a few good ones: - Sandy in Cohasset - Minot in Scituate - Humarock in Scituate - Any of the Marshfield beaches - Duxbury For pure fun and people watching Nantasket is awesome and its beautiful at low tide.
    Posted by globeistp

beautiful yes but the water is way to COLD can't enjoy swimming

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lauraM. Show lauraM's posts

Good Harbor, Gloucester and Race Point, Provincetown

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WallStArb. Show WallStArb's posts

Wingaersheek's hidden jewel - at low tide walk around the rocks to the LEFT side of the beach and about 100 yards, blocked from view by the boulders is a 1 1/2 mile private beach called Coffin's beach - nicer then Crane's (it's actually the beach between Crane's and WIngarsheek) and since it's private - there's always tons of room.  It's worth the 5 minute walk - since it's private you will have to scramble over the rocks to use the facilities or buy any fatboy treats.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from femaleprofessor. Show femaleprofessor's posts

Nauset Light, prettiest of all the National Seashore beaches.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tch1968. Show tch1968's posts

Long Beach, next to Good Harbor, in Cape Ann (Glouchester/Rockport line).  Always parking available, clean rest room facilties, and beautiful sandly, long beach, staring off at Thatcher Islands two lightbhouses.  My hidden gem! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lotsofcargo. Show lotsofcargo's posts

Good Harbor Beach, Gloucester, MA

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from W1RC. Show W1RC's posts

Good Harbor Beach in Gloucester, hands down.  Only downside is, of course, parking.  The beaches on the Islands are really in a class by themselves and should not factor into your List because they are not really easily accessible.

I am pleased to see that many others are in agreement.  My family and I really like all the beaches at Cape Ann.  Because of our fondness for Gloucester/Rockport Cape Cod holds no attraction for us whatsoever.  Because we live in Vermont we can easily make it a day trip whereas going through or around Boston or out to the islands is not an option.

We also like Nahant Beach but parking is an issue if you don't have a Nahant resident parking permit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken-Pittman. Show Ken-Pittman's posts

I'm absolutely certain that this reporter has yet to step on to Round Hill Beach in Dartmouth. The south facing crescent shaped beach is arguably in the top #3 in Massachusetts. The drive is very cool. Low traffic and at the end of the large town of Dartmouth's upscale Padanaram area. The parking lot curls around the crescent shape beach and has flowered, sandy trails from the lot to the beach. There is a concession stand, bathrooms and outdoor showers to get the sand off before you go to your car.

The beach itself has great sand and is about .2 miles long. The waters are much calmer than the rival neighbor beach Horseneck in Westport, and there is much less seaweed as well.

The view offers glimpses of the Elizabeth Islands some fourteen miles off shore and both ends of the landscape have private mansions in view as well. 

This well kept secret seems to be a celebrity magnet. Neighbors include Tia Leone, David Duchovny and Tom Cruise is rumored to enjoy a summer manse in one of the many secluded seaside estates here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jay60. Show Jay60's posts

In Response to Where are your favorite Massachusetts beaches?:

South Cape Beach, Mashpee

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxPat. Show RedSoxPat's posts

When it comes to accessibility, convenience to Boston, cheap parking, great food, and beautiful beaches, Nantasket Beach in Hull has no competition!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CharlieMc. Show CharlieMc's posts

In Response to Where are your favorite Massachusetts beaches?:
    North Shore, South Shore, Cape Cod and the islands, Massachusetts boasts some of the best beaches in all of New England. Tell us where your favorite is, and you may help determine a winner in our upcoming beach competition.
    Posted by BDCTravelStaff

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevindoyle1986. Show kevindoyle1986's posts

Really Good Harbor did not make this list?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CharlieMc. Show CharlieMc's posts

For years, seven of us friends took a long Columbus Day weekend vacation near Madaket Beach on the south shore of Nantucket. We were three married couples and the brother of one of the women who was a Dominican priest.
           From Thursday to Monday, we walked, swam, fished, ate, drank(Heinekens) and talked until our words failed us and we would be silent. At night we would go to the mid-island observatory to take in the perfect sky. We read whatever we chose to and on the Sunday morning, went to Madaket Beach where our priest-brother celebrated the Eucharist on top of an overturned heineken case covered with a small altar cloth. 
           I have never experienced a heaven on earth like this before or since...and our children were safe back on the mainland. Finally, playing chess on the Island Queen at sunset on our return Monday evening. Yes, this is my favoirite place on earth. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 7Guitars. Show 7Guitars's posts

We live in Ipswich, so I certainly support the Crane Beach #1 ranking. I'd add Good Harbor Beach (Gloucester) to the list. It has a Maine feel similar to Singing Beach. It's very clean, has a nice flat run with the sand, and often has great waves with no undertow. The water is shallow for a hundred yards or so, which makes it a great place for kids. It's also open to the public.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbene. Show jbene's posts

White Horse Beach and Priscilla Beach, Manomet (Plymouth)... beach has great sandbar, awesome rocks at low tide.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from xoxostx. Show xoxostx's posts

Any beach that charges $25 to park should not be on ANY list, unless it's  some sort of extortion list. Absolutely outrageous.
    Posted by charolastra

Sections
Shortcuts