Where are your favorite Massachusetts beaches?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DogfishHead. Show DogfishHead's posts

Re: Where are your favorite Massachusetts beaches?

Old Silver Beach re malaka!  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwellins. Show jwellins's posts

Zach's in Aquinnah.  The red clay dunes are a spectacular backdrop and the surf is always a blast there.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pdidii. Show pdidii's posts

I don't know how these towns get away with chargung the parking fees that they do. $25.00 is criminal. I would like to know how much of my state tax money goes to these towns. If Manchester By The Sea wants to keep me out by having resident only parking at their beach I hope they are not taking any of my state tax money. It is a sad day when one town can control the seashore.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cindydunn42. Show cindydunn42's posts

Good Harbor in Gloucester beats all the rest.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbaker110. Show jbaker110's posts

Town Beach, West Island, Mass

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southcoastmass. Show southcoastmass's posts

Marconi Beach in Wellfleet and Head of the Meadow in Truro are my two favorites.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bpbi. Show bpbi's posts

Newcomb Hollow (Wellfleet) is my favorite beach, but any advice sending people there in season  is far off base. You need a parking permit for a week minimum--$40 and the signature of a home owner that you are renting their property-- which you obtain at the permit shack at the harbor. There is no parking within walking distance for which you do not need a permit. There is single-day  $15 fee parking at Cahoon Hollow, but the parking lot fills up early in the morning, for the whole day. If you are driving down from Boston, your best best on the Cape is the National Seashore beaches, although there is also a fee,because they have large public parking lots.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogamama78. Show yogamama78's posts

Wingaersheek Beach is my favorite. Old Silver at the Cape is nice too but I haven't been  in a while so hopefully that didn't change. And just to throw it out there Ogunquit Beach in Maine is the most beautiful beach in New England go late summer when the water is a bit warmer!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UnplugYourselfFromTheMatrix. Show UnplugYourselfFromTheMatrix's posts

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on their favorite beach, but I find it startling that Nantasket keeps popping up......Really????

Old Silver should be in the top 3!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwconn. Show cwconn's posts

i've been to all of these beaches, some are great, but Plum Island has to be in the top ten...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sure-Not. Show Sure-Not's posts

Interesting that fully half of the so-called top 10 were in locations that most people will never see (Nantucket and Marty's Vinegar)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from frmurphy. Show frmurphy's posts

I can't believe you missed Duxbury Beach! No bridges to cross - no boats to ride just 5 miles of beautiful barrier beach 30 miles south of Boston.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kms320. Show kms320's posts

Head of the Meadow, Truro.  I almost hate putting it on the list because so few know about it and it's so amazing.  For the bayside....Corn Hill Truro.... beautiful sunsets.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonBorges. Show RonBorges's posts

No contest.  Longnook Beach in Truro, MA

Keep walking to the right and you will discover the nude beach !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from petebu. Show petebu's posts

salisbury beach and salem willows beaches are two of my favorites-and then top it off with a tripoli pizza at salisbury and a chinese chicken chop suey sandwich at the willows---and heaven is achieved

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OpelGT. Show OpelGT's posts

Nothing beats Cisco on Nantucket.  It is just hard enough to get there to make it still a place that is not overly crowded, and the waves are fantastic for all ages. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostoboy. Show bostoboy's posts

Crane Beach is number #1 for us but it is beginning to slip somewhat on our beach preference list. Crane's is beautiful and its length makes it great for taking long walks on hot days. That said, there are some significant negatives that cannot be overlooked, including:
    (1) the greenhead flies that (at least for our family) make the beach virtually untenable during what typically is the peak beach season,
    (2) the almost obscene entrance fee especially on weekends, including the new parking permit program that also is outrageously expensive, and
    (3) the huge amount of unsightly rope fencing and signage that greatly detracts from the overall appearance.

While we likely will still go to Crane Beach periodically, we are beginning to explore other options.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asilverweb. Show asilverweb's posts

It wouldn't be my favorite if I told you

because then you'ld all be there and I'd lose my favorite beach. I like it private. It encourages nude swimming and sunbathing.Wink

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gadfly. Show gadfly's posts

There is no better Beach than the Backside of Cranes Beach in Ipswich.  Sun, fun, and unlike the public side, opportunity to have games and cookouts to add to the flavor of a day at the beach.  the views and the sand bars are awesome - God's Country.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonesroadcaddie. Show jonesroadcaddie's posts

Mayflower Beach in Dennis, Ma.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from XEastonX10. Show XEastonX10's posts

Scusset Beach....the campground is awesome, $7 to get in, awesome sand and water and a great jetty to watch the boats and barges come into the canal

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from verbcrunch2. Show verbcrunch2's posts

Anyone ranking Crane Beach #1 has never been there during Greenhead season.   The fierce, biting Greenheads during July completely ruin the experience.    Upon entry the sign clearly states "no refunds" due to Greenheads, since so many beachgoers flee when they realize they're under attack.    The rest of the year, the high concentration of deer ticks always have me on guard when visiting Crane's.      

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nbptreader. Show nbptreader's posts

Thank you for leaving Plum Island refuge off the list. Stay out of my town of Newburyport.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mimster1. Show mimster1's posts

Wingaersheek in Gloucester is by far the best!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chrissy415. Show Chrissy415's posts

In Response to Re: Where are your favorite Massachusetts beaches?:
    [QUOTE]NO question - Mayflower Beach in Dennis.  It's absolutely beautiful, and when the tide goes out, the tidal pools are amazing.  It has a great food/ice cream shack.  I just love everything about it!
    Posted by collsells[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. I grew up in Dennis and I don't think any other beach I've ever been to really compares! If I had to pick a #2 it would be Wingaersheek in Gloucester.