Where are your favorite Massachusetts beaches?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billbusa. Show Billbusa's posts

Re: Where are your favorite Massachusetts beaches?

Green Harbor Beach in Marshfield.  We know it as Bill's Beach.

Bill Brennan

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from buccaneer7. Show buccaneer7's posts

I was looking at some of the beaches and a link popped up for http://www.woodsholegroup.com/ they are giving away a free IPAD for the winning photo of your favorite beach in new england,

Plymouth beach is one of my favorite

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from devault. Show devault's posts

Great Point, Nantucket.  Its a hike but just so beautiful and peaceful once you get there. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devault. Show devault's posts

While I like Good Harbor, the water is almost always freezing cold. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwinboston. Show jwinboston's posts

For many years I've gone to Crane Beach, but no longer.  The beach has suffered terrible erosion over the last 20 years.  The sandbars are so bad that at low tide there is no water for swimming.  And forget going during the month of July when the greenheads are in season unless you enjoy being bitten. 

I now go to Horseneck.  The drive from the Dorchester area is a little easier.  It's not as beautiful as Crane's, but there is always water for swimming and I love body surfing in the waves.  However, I could live without all that seaweed.  One thing worth noting.  A single day's parking is $7, but you can buy a season pass for $35.  This is a great bargain if you are a frequent beach goer.  Also, I believe that pass is good at other Mass State Parks as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from daisy1. Show daisy1's posts

I can't believe Duxbury didn't make the list.  Singing Beach isn't open to the public is it?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UnplugYourselfFromTheMatrix. Show UnplugYourselfFromTheMatrix's posts

Old Silver in Falmouth, crystal clear water, no rocks or shells, very warm. Seacrest resort just underwent multi-million dollar renovation, which it sorely needed so that only makes it better. I hope they kept the outdoor beach bar.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris1616. Show chris1616's posts

The whole stretch of Marshfield from Hummarock, Ocean Bluff, Brant Rock to Green Harbor best of the best..!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Manny4Prez. Show Manny4Prez's posts

Joseph Sylvia State Beach between Oak Bluffs and Edgartown.  It is about 2 miles long with clear water and mild waves.  It is free and an easy bike ride from both towns.  The bus also stops there.  By far, it is my favorite beach on the Vineyard or Cape Cod!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mlgvt48. Show mlgvt48's posts

In Response to Re: Where are your favorite Massachusetts beaches?:
    [QUOTE]NO question - Mayflower Beach in Dennis.  It's absolutely beautiful, and when the tide goes out, the tidal pools are amazing.  It has a great food/ice cream shack.  I just love everything about it!
    Posted by collsells[/QUOTE]

I have been to many of them but I love Mayflower, the National Seashore Beaches (Coast Guard, Nauset Light) and Nauset Beach in Orleans. I also love Wingaersheek in Glouster.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jzed. Show jzed's posts

Lots of favorites: Jetties and Cliffside on Nantucket, Crane's in Ipswich, Mayflower or Cold Storage in Dennis. Wear sunscreen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from batoutofhell. Show batoutofhell's posts

Your "Best Beach" photo gallery is fine, but why are almost every beach on the south shore? You give short shrift to the north shore, except for Crane.
    Seriously?
    Have you never heard of Good Harbor beach in Gloucester? The beach is HUGE and has waves that draw surfers from all over after the crowds go home. Residents can be found there year round. there's a pretty good contingent of kite flyers in the off season too.
    My personal favorite is Wingaersheek, also in Gloucester. Dunes, intimate setting, rocky outcroppings and a walk our at low tide that is spectacular.
    Oh well, the north shore is usually ignored. But that's OK. It means we don't have to deal with the flocks of tourists who are all rushing to the Cape for overprices bad food and crowded beaches. Ha!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shanimal. Show Shanimal's posts

Saquish Beach Duxbury, easily the best beach outside of Cape Cod. No traffic either!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Amy-baby. Show Amy-baby's posts

Glad to see many Good Harbor votes! Love that beach!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shanimal. Show Shanimal's posts

In Response to Re: Where are your favorite Massachusetts beaches?:
    [QUOTE]Your "Best Beach" photo gallery is fine, but why are almost every beach on the south shore? You give short shrift to the north shore, except for Crane. Seriously? [/QUOTE]

Maybe you should look at the list again? NONE of the top 10 are on the South Shore! Most are on Cape Cod, and Horseneck is at the South Coast. Zero listed for South Shore. Any beach in Marshfield, Duxbury, or Plymouth would blow away your N. Shore beaches.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrunoWoohoo. Show BrunoWoohoo's posts

Horseneck Beach in Westport - good surf, beautiful dunes, clean facilities, plenty of space, and cheap parking.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigguy45. Show bigguy45's posts

Magazine Beach in Cambridge!  Lovely views of Storrow Drive, Memorial Drive and the new B.U. dorms.  Plus you get the sweet smell of the toxic waste in that part of the Charles River!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnny1963. Show johnny1963's posts

too many rough ocean beaches!!!and cold water

the best beaches are reached by boat on islands where you have quite time!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from financelaw. Show financelaw's posts

Great pictures and I would like to visit all of them. I am from Michigan and love visiting your area. I watched the Kennedy films last night and I wondered where the beaches were in the films and I wondered how things have changed in the past 40 years. I have been to the beaches only a few times but plan on making another trip this summer/fall. Mayflower beach in Dennis seems like a good place to start and seems better for families. I was in Ogunquit and enjoyed that area.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeff44. Show jeff44's posts

Nantasket Beach is close, clean and fun.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from freida112. Show freida112's posts

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlf02119. Show rlf02119's posts

Duxbury is gorgeous.  Can't believe it got left off this list?  Who's list is this, anyway?  I want to see statistics; Duxbury should be on it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from neobserver. Show neobserver's posts

Phew,  my favorite of over 30 years isn't mentioned. Best sand, surf and sun.  Keeping it a secret and I'm not telling anyone.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Valentino---. Show Valentino---'s posts

No question...Lucy Vincent Beach, Chilmark, Martha's Vineyard.  Good Luck getting on it if you're not a resident...but i know a way...

Sections
Shortcuts