Best Buffalo wings in New England?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tlove. Show tlove's posts

tip for the flatlanders... its called the matterhorn and its in stowe, those who have been there know the rest

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from eric1972. Show eric1972's posts

[Quote]The omission of Portland's Binga's Wingas, particularly in the face of Gritty's inclusion, is an absolute abomination. This journalist is either a lazy bum, a vegetarian, or an employee of Gritty McDuff's.[/Quote] Binga's had a fire maybe six weeks ago or so, not sure if they are back open, way better than gritty's

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigmike02135. Show bigmike02135's posts

Wings over Amherst! Definitely the best in the state. They have franchised out locations in college towns everywhere now - including ones in Brookline and Somerville. I've been to the one in Brookline, they're still good but not as excellent as the original location.

Also Woody's on Hemenway St.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shootermcgee. Show shootermcgee's posts

Stop telling people how good Buff's is! It's already too crowded!

But seriously, they are the best wings I've ever had in my life. My next child shall be named Buff.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redmond1502. Show redmond1502's posts

Buff's is the best true Buffalo style around. However, having gone to college in Rochester, NY, which has more refined wings than Buffalo, I have to vote for Silvertone in Boston. 100% authentic Rochester style.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ally33. Show Ally33's posts

Anchor Bar may have "invented" Bflo wings, but Mother's Bakery Bar was where to get the best wings in Bflo {note to "The Scarecrow". Mother's was downtown and Williamsville}; way back when Mother's was owned by a couple of former Bills' players, possibly from OJ's time on the team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cambridgecate. Show cambridgecate's posts

I didn't go to UMass, but I agree with the majority here. This is a terrible review. I am psyched to see the posted comments hit it head on. There cannot be a wings review that doesn't have Wings Over Amherst/the Hangar included. It should take first place. I have tried all of these. The Hangar wins hands down!

Sadies in Waltham is another strong contender for the top ten. The wings are different, sweet and crispy but DEEEEE-LISH!

Was management too cheap to reimburse the trip out to Amherst? I'll drive next time. Actually, anytime! Please post an update to this article after you have been to the Hangar.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1sttimebuyer. Show 1sttimebuyer's posts

By far, Buffs has the best wings I've ever had in New England. I'd also give an honorable mention to Muddy River in Portsmouth, NH. For a place you've never heard of but should try, last week I had wings at Chili Heads in West Bridgewater and they were fantastic!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rotofunk. Show rotofunk's posts

[Quote]Woody's on Hemenway Street has absolutely the best wings anywhere! And for the record, the wings at Chicken Bone are barely edible - they must be paying the Globe a bundle to be even considered on this list.[/Quote]

i agree about the Chicken Bone, they are horrible -way too salty, just basically fried wing and Frank's red hot, no butter, no love

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from green-eyes411. Show green-eyes411's posts

I can definitely agree with some of the list from personal experience. Archie Moores and Gritty's are two of the best I've had.

However, one was missed. J. Timothy's in Plainville, CT is incredible. Their dirt wings are unbelievable! Definitely check them out if you somehow find yourself in that area of CT. (Which, frankly, you're better off if you don't find yourself there...but at least there's a good place to eat.)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cosmin. Show Cosmin's posts

The Hanger (Wings Over Amherst) has good Buffalo Wings and variations thereon but the best in WMass (at least) has to be Quickies in Chicopee. The owner is from the Buffalo area and the wings are the real deal. Great cheesesteaks too.

Western New York has to be the "junk" food capital of the world: wings, beef on wick', garbage plates, spedies, white hots and more!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosismooses. Show mosismooses's posts

I vote for Chicken Bone Saloon. Most consistent. Buffs isn't even a frontrunner anymore & Wendells is gone way downhill. I live 3 miles from Wendells and would rather have wings from Applebees.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsox44db. Show redsox44db's posts

I grew up right down the street from UMass Amherst, and can honestly say that I have still never had better wings than from the Hangar. Their honey bbq bonelss wings are better than buffalo, but the buffalo is still good. I live near Worcester, and I haven't tried any of the Boston places.

Any suggestions for good wings around Worcester?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1183849. Show user_1183849's posts

Even if you can find good wings out here, they still cost 2 to 3 times what you'd pay in Buffalo. The best wings in New England are made at home.

As described in an earlier post, it's simple: chicken wings, Frank's Red Hot, butter... deep fry the wings and shake them in the sauce/butter mixture.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from happygolucky. Show happygolucky's posts

Coolidge Corner Clubhouse in Brookline. Absolutely the best. They give you a pile of full wings. They don't cut the tips off. Best value, great taste!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeroma5. Show joeroma5's posts

Wings Express in Waltham is a must!

http://www.wingsexpresswaltham.com/

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aDavisSquare. Show aDavisSquare's posts

Wing Works in Somerville. Gotta try the tangy, spicy, sweet Rochester sauce.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeC426. Show MikeC426's posts

Definately another vote for Wings Over Amherst, by far the best boneless in New England, and definately up there for the with bones. The sauces are unbeatable, and the portions are crazy. Try the honey mustard, home made, and cant be beat!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tman2000. Show tman2000's posts

[Quote]Great choice on Buffs. There is nothing better. Hands down the best! Although where is Wing It (Allston)?, they used to be pretty good.[/Quote]
    Don't even know if wing-it is still there last i ate there it was horrible..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jperry. Show jperry's posts

Horseshoe Pub, Hudson, MA

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitieb. Show whitieb's posts

For those who have never been to Buff's (ranked #1)- go, because they are THE BEST. I live in Florida now, but when I get back to Boston, I always go out to Buffs for some wings.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1421054. Show user_1421054's posts

[Quote]Wings over Amherst(Hangar) in Amherst, MA. Best wings ever!!![/Quote]

YEP!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmr3471. Show gmr3471's posts

I am originally from Buffalo Ny so I think I can recognize great wings when I taste them and I have to say Buff's in Newton is the hands down best I have had in the Boston area. Runner up is the Chicken Bone. Both have the cooking time and sauce taste well perfected.

And if you are in Buffalo, NY go to Duffs or La Nova Pizza for your wings. They are the best although almost every bar and casual restaurant makes decent wings.

Sections
Shortcuts