Best Buffalo wings in New England?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zitface. Show zitface's posts

I'll also vouch for Coop de Ville in Oak Bluffs on the Vineyard.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GarboGirl. Show GarboGirl's posts

...But when it's so cold and you want to make wings at home, there is nothing better than WingIt sauce you can buy at Stop & Shop and I believe most grocery stores. It's the best and has far better flavor than what you get at the restaurants. When I make WingIt wings at my parties it's a BIG hit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonfromdc. Show jonfromdc's posts

When I moved back to Newton from DC back in 1997, I specifically looked for a rental place within a couple of blocks of Buff's so I could eat wings and drink there. Honey hots, boneless if I'm lazy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bballer5. Show bballer5's posts

The Hanger in Amherst,MA is worth every penny. We go to Umass football and basketball games and are never able to drive past The Hanger without stopping before or after the games.Talk about a great day or night.BTW the draft beer is ice cold,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.We will be going to next saturdays UMASS-Temple bball game,so we will review it for the globe,if need be. See you there!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjbartjr. Show tjbartjr's posts

What kind of top 10 list doesn't include the Hangar?! I mean really, western Mass is still a part of New England; it's not some kind of DMZ between Mass and NY. They consistently have the biggest and freshest wings around, both bone in and boneless. They're cheap; you can walk in with $10 and walk out stuffed. Lots of flavors, if you want a change from the traditional buffalo style. Plus cheap beer, crispy fries, and hot waitresses. Hands down the best wings anywhere.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BarneyNO7. Show BarneyNO7's posts

First thing that needs to be established...BUFF's is NOT the best place for wings. Their wings are tiny, overcooked and simply redhot and butter. No imagination at all.

I was born and raised in Wing country (upstate NY) and I have yet to find a GREAT Wing joint here in Mass, but the best so far has been JJ's in Northboro (depending on who is cooking) and Wing It for their inventive flavors and nice juicy big wings.

BEST Wings in New England??? --- MY HOUSE!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctmale75. Show ctmale75's posts

No question the best place for wings is Sliders bar and grill 3 locations in CT. Berlin, Southington, and Plainville...Side note Go on a Monday

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zoebo1. Show zoebo1's posts

THE OLDE FORGE in Lanesboro, MA is by far the best wings place I've ever been. Better than Buff's - Buff's is great but the Forge is a whole 'nother level.....mmmmmmmmmmmm

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TM-BC-98. Show TM-BC-98's posts

[Quote]No contest here people...WING IT in Allston! Great Lost Bear in Portland, ME is good too but Wing It simply has no peer. They don't even sell beer (BYOB if you want) and they still do a ton of business. Go BU![/Quote] WingIt had no peer back in the late 90's when All You Can Eat night was $5 and they amped up their suicide sauce for the occasion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtfogg. Show mtfogg's posts

Wendell's is hands-down number 1. The wings are delivered fresh to the kitchen every morning, and so far, I've never found anywhere that compares. If you want good wings on the Cape, D.J.'s definitely takes the cake, and yes - their homemade blue cheese is the best I've found.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pkyle3. Show pkyle3's posts

The ABSOLUTE BEST wings in New England are/were at the Bank Street Roadhouse in New London, CT. They cook their wings first without sauce and then pour the sauce over the top. This keeps the wings nice and crispy and doesn't turn them into rubber. They use a house made receipe called Big Daddy's Arctic Heat. It was developed by the old owner Tom Cassidy and combines simple ingredients into a robust and flavorful sauce. There are four levels: mild, medium, hot, arctic and believe me you need a glass of milk for the hot to arctic levels. They have a good seletion of beers on tap not to mention a great menu and a fantastic view of the Thames River (the bar is located just steps from the shore).

Unfortunately, I believe that the Roadhouse has changed it's focus in the past few years from great wings to scantily-clad bartenders. Also, you can't buy take-home jars of the sauce anymore. It's a crying shame, but it's New London and I guess you have to make money in that town on eye candy rather than good food...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaynefitz1. Show jaynefitz1's posts

Do not waste your time going to Wendell's. Very disappointing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjm8. Show mjm8's posts

Elm City Brewery in Keene, NH has some great wings (and great beer to wash 'em down).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kennethmeharg. Show kennethmeharg's posts

Anyone who has ever been to Amherst, MA knows the best place to get wings in New England is at the Hangar

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from artpilgrim. Show artpilgrim's posts

I think you need to go to NY to get "the best." (Sorry, I ate the real thing all through college and haven't found the same since.)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmrogers. Show dmrogers's posts

Guys - becuase of this article I thought I would try Delaney's in North Conway. Are you kidding me! What about Hooligan's down the street in the Village of North Conway! 10X better than Delaney's! The best wings in New Hampshire...and easily, the #2 in New England!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommAve. Show CommAve's posts

I live in Newton. Buff's is SO overrated! I have never understood why people rave about it. i've concluded that it's about being young, in college and going there with friends because it's definitely not about the wings being good. The one thing the list has right is that Buff's is better than Wendell's in Norton, but to put Wendell's at #3? That's a travesty. Their wings are scrawny, and they're fried to the point that what little meat exists is as tough as shoe leather. What's more, every time I've been there only about half of each wing surface has even been touched by sauce! Avoid Wendell's - their wings make TGIFridays' seem like fine dining!

So where ARE the great wings in Boston? The wings at Woody's on Hemenway Street are tops in Boston by far. Meaty, moist and with a hugely flavorful sauce whose heat sneaks up on you, they are what wings should be.

And Four's, on Canal Street & in Quincy has buffalo chicken nachos that are phenomenal! Not wings, I know, but they are buffalo chicken!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gigi7777. Show Gigi7777's posts

Best Wings by far are served @ O'Laughlin's Pub in the Berkshires, Pittsfield, MA. They are served any way you desire...mild, medium, hot, xtra hot & even extra cripy...THE BEST!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from madmiker. Show madmiker's posts

Delaney's in North Conway, NH are the best I have ever had. Honorable mention also goes to J. Timothy's in Plainville, CT; Sliders in Berlin, CT and the Bidwell Tavern in Coventry, CT.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from amiller1049. Show amiller1049's posts

Re: Best Buffalo wings in New England?

BINGA's WINGAS in Portland, ME
    http://www.bingaswingas.com/

They have a bunch of different flavors, great prices, and usually a pretty decent beer selection too.  Not too heavy on the breading either, which is how i like 'em.

Watch City on Moody St. has slow-cooked wings that are really really good, and
    Wings Over Amherst are also delicious (though their framingham operation is sub-par). 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtuomanen. Show mtuomanen's posts

Wing-itz on Route 1 in Portsmouth, NH!  The best, and they also have the hottest, "El Diablo"!  I dare ya' to take the El Diablo challenge and get your photo on the El Diablo Wall of Flames!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GingerMedford5ft3in100lb. Show GingerMedford5ft3in100lb's posts

I do not eat meat any more but there are some delicious vegetarian ones that are meatless that are available at the supermarket.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spicymui. Show Spicymui's posts

Definitely The Hangars WingIt in Amherst, MA - must try the afterburner. The local branches are just not the same..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheAbsolute. Show TheAbsolute's posts

TRI-CITY  WINGS AND GRILL IN NEWTON, They have over 25 flavors of Classic style wings. They also have awesome 8 oz. Burgers

I Order from this place all the time for PATS games!!

They are at 197 North st. in Newton, Ma

Sections
Shortcuts