Favorite independent bookstores

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from annief48. Show annief48's posts

I love a weekend drive to Peterborough, N.H., where I can stop at The Toadstool, browse books new and used, or CDs/records, new and used. The Toadstool has lots of books on hiking and other regional outdoor sports, regional writers and photographers, fiction/nonfiction, book signings and other events, and a lively bulletin board linking book fiends to services and events for all interests.Beyond that, the Toadstool's handy location next to a gourmet deli makes it easy to grab a cuppa and a sandwich before returning to browse. I always find something to buy - even first editions and unique writers. Love the place.It's located in Depot Square, a funky little art/shop�area in downtown Peterborough. The Toadstool also has shops in Milford and Keene, N.H.�

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from capereader. Show capereader's posts

Has anyone been to the ARMCHAIR BOOKSTORE in Dennis on the Cape? It's wonderful-great selection of books, hardcover & paperback, a children's room full of books & toys. The staff are always very helpful, either finding a book that you only have a partial title and no author of or to suggest a great read anytime, tailored to my preferences. I urge everyone to check out this bookstore when they are on the Cape!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wrichmond. Show wrichmond's posts

I love The Book Rack in Arlington Center.� One of the only bookstores in the area, and it really caters to the community with lots of books by local authors.� And for a used�bookstore, it's really well organized and the staff knows just where to find what you are looking for.� Plus they have a good selection of new books and can special order just about anything. It's one of my favorite stops for browsing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beautmind64. Show beautmind64's posts

Rhythm and Muse is my number one appeals to my inner hippy and Trident Booksellers and cafe appeals to my inner beatnik/existentialist.