New England's best ice cream?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from durkinator. Show durkinator's posts

Re: New England's best ice cream?

Meola's is a great ice cream shop.  I love the posters out front with the flavors described.  But Giffords Ice Cream in Skowhegan, ME is my all time favorite.  A black and white frappe is where it's at!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALJAL. Show ALJAL's posts

Bart's Homemade of the Pioneer Valley should be at least in the top 5 and quite possibly #1.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maureenobie. Show Maureenobie's posts

Brigham's is out of Business. Hood's is making the Brand now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from acter. Show acter's posts

In Response to Re: New England's best ice cream?:
    Where's Gray's Ice Cream in Tiverton, RI?  Gray's is in Best of RI's Hall of Fame, and among other awards was named one of the Top 12 in the country a few years ago by Gourmet Magazine.
    Posted by Jaret001

It was the first shop listed!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from acter. Show acter's posts

Trombetta's Farm in Marlborough, MA has great ice cream, is a nursery, and also has indoor mini-golf.

And Park Street Ice Cream and Cafe, on the common in Natick, MA!  GREAT ice cream.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnodverMomCat. Show AnodverMomCat's posts

Absolutely! Get there soon for the local fresh raspberries in the raspberry ice cream. Worth the slight extra charge.
    Benson's in Boxford - best ice cream in New England (especially in season blueberry, peach), and the height of regular scoop size is breathtaking!  All time favs - reverse chocolate chip and coffee malted frap...
    Posted by barbarasm51

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnodverMomCat. Show AnodverMomCat's posts

So true! Don't miss the raspberry with fresh local berries.
    Benson's in Boxford - best ice cream in New England (especially in season blueberry, peach), and the height of regular scoop size is breathtaking!  All time favs - reverse chocolate chip and coffee malted frap...
    Posted by barbarasm51

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from belmontma. Show belmontma's posts

How did you miss Rancatore's in Belmont and Lexington?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inter-Planet. Show Inter-Planet's posts

Spruce Pond Creamery in Franklin and Black Cow in Medway - both exceptional!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ME2KYfan. Show ME2KYfan's posts

Shaw,s Ridge in Sanford  Maine. Best coffee ice cream bar none.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from phigphotos. Show phigphotos's posts

Crescent Ridge in Sharon

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TarheelChief. Show TarheelChief's posts

Marion, Mass. has the finest ice cream parlor in the US.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ponytail. Show ponytail's posts

Nudo in Newton, MA

http://www.getnudo.com

"Real" Gelato; top notch !!!

They also have pastries and dolce (sweet) Panini - Yums....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 7continents. Show 7continents's posts

Wait, wait, WAIT!!!  It's a small shop but please!  The chocolate almond frozen custard at ABBOTT'S in Needham is the BEST!  (I order mine extra nutty, like me.)  If I had to pick a last meal, this would be desert!  A-Ma-ZING!  There is a new one near BU.  Lucky Terriers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MiltonSoxFan. Show MiltonSoxFan's posts

Ice Creamsmith, right here in Dorchester Lower Mills!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtoddrichards. Show mtoddrichards's posts

Howard's Drive In in West Brookfield!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobdwac. Show bobdwac's posts

Just got back from Denver and went trto Pinkberry.  I see they are here too, great frozen yogurt.  Especially the salted carmel.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradley13. Show bradley13's posts

Crescent Ridge in Sharon.....excellent staff and the best Chocolate Chip ice cream I have ever had...also the frappes are great also !!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SethHarrington. Show SethHarrington's posts

Granite State Candy Shoppe in Concord, NH!! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SudburySoxFan. Show SudburySoxFan's posts

I don't understand how you could have possibly missed Erikson's in Maynard - leaving it off is almost criminal.  Especially since Ben & Jerry's sold out.  Erikson's should have topped your list (even though they really need to be open later than 9pm - but that's a separate issue).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from inquistivedragon. Show inquistivedragon's posts

Definitely Rancatore's in Belmont and Lexington.  Everybody I take there swoons over it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WildcatFan65. Show WildcatFan65's posts

Benson's  in Boxford, MA
    THE best strawberry,raspberry,blueberry,peach...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WildcatFan65. Show WildcatFan65's posts

Meletharb's in Wakefield, MA is the very best homemade ice cream with fresh ingredients and ever-changing flavors, fun atmosphere, friendly staff. Brown's in York, Maine is a close second.
    Posted by Ali29

Agreed...as a Wakefield native...try their SWEET CREAM and tell me it's not to die for!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bugmenotscreen. Show bugmenotscreen's posts

What, no love for Round Top up in Maine? It’s even ended up in Lexus Magazine’s list of the best ice cream/gelato/sorbet/frozen custard in the world.

(And if we’re talking about gelato as well, two words: Gelato Fiasco.)

Sections
Shortcuts