New England's best ice cream?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hennypenny51. Show hennypenny51's posts

Re: New England's best ice cream?

In Response to Re: New England's best ice cream?:
    You MUST try Somerset Creamery in Somerset, Ma (although I think they have added a location recently off the Cape).  Homemade deliciousness and I swear you can smell the waffle cones from a mile away!!
    Posted by Kath-leen

Kathleen, I just posted the same!  Mmmmmmmm.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from freedomtochoose. Show freedomtochoose's posts

[QUOTE]Memories Ice Cream, Kingston, NH

I second this vote....great place. All flavors are outstanding.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Assignmeaname. Show Assignmeaname's posts

Two favorites,,,,,Uhlmans on Rt.30 in Westboro,  and Smugglers in Dennis Village.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Assignmeaname. Show Assignmeaname's posts

My two favorites......Uhlmans in Westboro,  and Smugglers in Dennis.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bassbill71. Show bassbill71's posts

Hodgies in Amesbury, MA.  Tastes great and they have HUGE portions!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgiuffrida. Show rgiuffrida's posts

the best ice cream on the planet....Jay Gee's homemade  Ice Cream  in Methuen.. choc rasp truffle.. peanut butter fixx..  so much more have to check it out,  and always great service.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JanisGayle. Show JanisGayle's posts

How did you ever forget Bubbling Brook in Westwood???
    Posted by billmelbrace

I recall that last year in Boston Magazine the Bubbling Brook Ice Cream restaurant made the top list. Always packed, great Almond Joy flavor. SO many favorite ice cream places, SO little time to visit them all?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JanisGayle. Show JanisGayle's posts

If you're from MA how do you miss Cabot's in Newton and Bubbling Brook in Walpole?  These places are practically MA landmarks.
    Posted by Blueicebear

Can't miss it but Bubbling Brook Ice Cream is in Westwood on Rt. 109 at North Street, a landmark in our town. Yes, Cabot's is great too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Chelsea Royal Diner in West Brattleboro, Vermont.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vi. Show vi's posts

I'm with two previous posters, Uhlman's in Westboro or Meola's in West Boylston for local IC but in Maine, it's Garsides in Saco ME.  For a little something different, get the frozen custard at Raymond's on Rte. 302 in Naples. OUT OF THIS WORLD, fresh, homemade and ultra ultra creamy.  It's unreal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wxgeek. Show wxgeek's posts

You missed the best one. Bedford Farms in Bedford MA!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joelato. Show Joelato's posts

DownRiver Ice Cream

DownRiver has real Belgian chocolate in it's chocolate, and Vermont maple syrup in it's maple walnut.  No high fructose corn syrup, just organic sugars.

Made right on site, on the Castleneck River on Route 133 on the Essex/Ipswich line.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from suelynn. Show suelynn's posts

I agree with the person who mentioned Benson's in Boxford, but my favorite flavor is the red raspberry, later in the summer when raspberries are in season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mmedefarge. Show mmedefarge's posts

1. Your format makes it impossible for me to read this article, because you've broken it up into many pages.  I get internet on satalite (there is no broadband here) and pages load far too slowley to click on 20 of them.  Please examine your usiblity standards. 2. My favorite ice cream is Walpole Creamery in Walpole NH.  It's available in stores, but it's even better at the stand on route 12 in Walpole
    Posted by conductorchris

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mmedefarge. Show mmedefarge's posts

In Response to Re: New England's best ice cream? :
    Posted by mmedefarge

I hate the format of these articles as well.  Just give me a list to pick and choose from.  I so do not have time for this!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Highandinside. Show Highandinside's posts

Erickson's in Stow, Mass. Fabulous......
    Posted by westside53

Erickson's is wonderful.  It isn't in Stow, though. It's on Route 117 in Maynard, about 500 yards east of the Stow line.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dlp1nma. Show dlp1nma's posts

In Response to New England's best ice cream?:
    Tulmeadow Farms in 255 Farms Village Road, West Simsbury, CT.  You sit on hay bales right next to the working dairy farm and surrounded by beautiful CT country side.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from janisko4. Show janisko4's posts

JAY GEE'S IN METHUEN MA IS THE BEST!! over 60 homemade ice-cream flavors, plus tons of family fun, mini golf, batting cages, 2 go kart tracks, indoor bumper cars, arcade and party place!
    check out their website, jaygees.com!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jelockhart. Show jelockhart's posts

Bedford Farms in Bedford, MA
    The creamiest home made ice cream and frozen yogurt in dozens of flavors, enormous portions (a small cone equals a large anywhere else), and BF employs all local kids to work there.  On a summer evening, it's the town's favorite gathering spot.  Oh, and they have the best ice cream cakes!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from i.luv.ice.cream.. Show i.luv.ice.cream.'s posts

CRESCENT RIDGE!

Crescent Ridge in Sharon, MA, is the best ice creamery I know! The smallest size is the size of a medium at an average creamery. And the selection is HUUUUGE! They make their own cream and if you fall as hard in love with the ice cream as I did you can have milk, ice cream and other dairy products delivered to your doorstep. In conclusion, the best ice cream shoppe in the WORLD is Crescent Ridge, Sharon, MA!
                                                                  Tongue out

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimcondon. Show jimcondon's posts

Michael's Dairy, New London, CT.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBCNH. Show JBCNH's posts

Benson's Ice Cream in Boxford, MA

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruschichic. Show bruschichic's posts

Somerset Creamery in Somerset, MA - I vote it's better than Gray's In Tiverton, RI (I've had both many times). I heard Bliss in Attleboro was also excellent.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PJ1. Show PJ1's posts

Sundae School in Harwich Port offered the most generic Ice cream I have had in a long time...  Cape Cod Creamery BLEW THE DOORS of this tourist trap...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoCo620. Show JoCo620's posts

Dresser Hill Farms in Charlton, MA, and Sunshine Farm in Sherborn, MA.  Great stuff!

Sections
Shortcuts