New England's best ice cream?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryrose2. Show maryrose2's posts

Re: New England's best ice cream?

The best ice cream in New England is Lone Oaks in Rye NH Cool

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scribe46. Show scribe46's posts

You didn't put one ice cream place from Rhode Island. Most of the places listed were from MA. How can you call this New Englands best ice cream? Do more homework! Gray's Ice Cream in Tiverton and Bristol, RI is fantactic. Three Sisters in Providence, RI is also very good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

As a kid, we loved Findeisen's on the Methuen/Lawrence line, Treadwell's in North Andover and, of course, Richardson's in Middleton.

These days, our top choices are Hodgie's in Amesbury (huge scoops!), England's MicroCreamery in downtown Haverhill and Brown's in York, Maine. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from peabodysq. Show peabodysq's posts

Ice Creamsmith in Lower Mills....duh

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from charmss. Show charmss's posts

In Response to Re: New England's best ice cream?:
    [QUOTE]Ice Creamsmith in Lower Mills....duh

You are so right!!  Boston's best is definitely the Ice Creamsmith's coffee ice cream!!!  Has been around at least 25 years!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12Ashleyst. Show 12Ashleyst's posts

OK, here is a silly question...Where is Richardson's in Middleton?????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from smbakke77. Show smbakke77's posts

How about Hodgies in Amesbury and Sundae School in Dennis? Two of my favorites after Kimball's!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BIGDADDYMAC. Show BIGDADDYMAC's posts

Once again the Globe forgets that there is a North Shore of Boston.

Treadwell's in Peabody along with Richardson's in Middleton are better than any of the listed places.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Toddles76boston. Show Toddles76boston's posts

I'm kind of upset that I didn't see Erikson's Ice Cream in Maynard, MA on this list.  That place has been around since 1937. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coopah. Show Coopah's posts

No JP Licks?

Beezer's in Northborough (tho' I *think* they get theirs from Bliss Bros).

Harry's Place in Colchester, CT - great burgers and then dessert

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CurtD1. Show CurtD1's posts

In Response to New England's best ice cream?:
    [QUOTE]We shared 20 of our favorites and now we want to hear from you. What is your favorite ice cream locale in New England?
    Posted by BDCTravelStaff[/QUOTE]

The Premier of China comes and visits Boston and the only place he made sure he went to for recreation was Richardson's Ice Cream in Middleton, Ma. How does the ice-cream loving Premier of China's favorite place not even make the list?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from billmelbrace. Show billmelbrace's posts

How did you ever forget Bubbling Brook in Westwood???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gracie977. Show gracie977's posts

How could you leave Richardson's in Middleton off this list?!?!?!?!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from caroljsheehan. Show caroljsheehan's posts

My favorite ice cream spot was always FRIENDLY'S ICE CREAM, there is no FRIENDLY'S ICE CREAM in West Roxbury, but there is one in Dedham.  I grew up on FRIENDLY'S "JIM DANDY'S".  FRIENDLY'S will always be my favorite.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crusher409. Show Crusher409's posts

Cherry Hill in Leominster, MA.  It's located on a farm hill.  Homemade ice-cream straight from the dairy farm.  I noticed that Kimball's was the overwhelming favorite.  I've eaten there on several occasions and it's not even in my top five.  Cherry Hill has over fifty flavors and the serving size rivals that of Kimball's.  Razzleberry Burst and Purple Cow are our favorites.  Purple cow has raspberry w/chocolate and while chocolate chunks and sweets tarts.  Razzleberry Burst has raspberry ice-cream and raspberry swirl with chocolate cups.

There are many other flavors that are just as delicious.

Crusher

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pmassari. Show pmassari's posts

Look, I live TWO HOUSES DOWN from Captain Dusty's in Salem and I'm telling you that no ice cream holds a CANDLE to TREADWELL'S of Peabody. Since 1946 they've been serving up the most creamy frozen treats on the North Shore in GIGANTIC portions. You guys completely missed the boat on this.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallbuck. Show wallbuck's posts

[QUOTE]We shared 20 of our favorites and now we want to hear from you. What is your favorite ice cream locale in New England?
    Posted by BDCTravelStaff[/QUOTE]

Ice Creamsmith, Dorchester - Sweet Cream
    Crescent Ridge Dairy - Grapenut

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from vitzy. Show vitzy's posts

Garbage post of 10 best...with Crescent Ridge and JP Lick's to name a couple there were so many others that are far better than the 10 listed. Kimball's is good I agree but to only list a couple cape, north shore, one south and the rest in Cambridge or the South End is pathetic. The writer of this is too closed minded to get out and try others.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazed. Show amazed's posts

Hmmm, I thought the artical was initially titled "Greater Boston's Best Ice Cream".

JP Licks is the best.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pmassari. Show pmassari's posts

In Response to Re: New England's best ice cream?:
    [QUOTE]Once again the Globe forgets that there is a North Shore of Boston. Treadwell's in Peabody along with Richardson's in Middleton are better than any of the listed places.

Dude! YES! Captain Dusty's is nice, but I cycle five miles through heavy traffic for Treadwell's ginger ice cream. In fact , their sugar free flavors are better than most regular ice cream I've ever had.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mingustrane. Show mingustrane's posts

First off, any place that only serves soft serve should be excluded from this discussion.  That ain't Ice Cream!!!!  My votes are for Meletharb in Wakefield, and Richardson's Dairy in Middleton.  Their Coffee Almond Fudge is to die for!

For Gelato, the Gelateria on Hanover street in the North End has the best gelato around.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LizWalkner47. Show LizWalkner47's posts

Which stores make their own base from fresh milk and cream instead of using the ice cream base mix that comes in those cartons from the food distributor?  Which places use real flavors like chocolate, fresh fruit, and spices instead of gallon jugs of flavoring agent sourced from some lab along the Jersey Turnpike?  Which ones limit their ingredients to natural choices instead of artificial chemicals, stabilizers, preservatives or other junk?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from scrambled-eggs. Show scrambled-eggs's posts

Another vote for Benson's in Boxford. The fresh red raspberry at this time of year is stellar.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jefkap. Show jefkap's posts

What about Rancatori's in belmont and Lexington?