New England's best ice cream?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Andydest. Show Andydest's posts

Re: New England's best ice cream?

In Response to Re: New England's best ice cream?:
    [QUOTE]Richardson's Dariy on Rte 114 in Middleton has the best Ice Cream without a doubt!!
    Posted by albp14t[/QUOTE]

Richardson's is decent but Kimball's in Westford or Carlisle is 100 times as good, it's not even close.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lab333. Show lab333's posts

In Response to Re: New England's best ice cream?:
    [QUOTE]soco creamery in great barrington.  try their strawberry rhubarb or summer peach.
    Posted by teezee[/QUOTE]

Oh, yeah!  Recently tried their vanilla....amazing ice cream!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from peacenik56. Show peacenik56's posts

Christina's ice cream in Inman Square, Cambridge!  Try the azuki bean or the Mexican chocolate...scrumptious.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kellyconn7997. Show kellyconn7997's posts

BLACK COW IN MILLIS!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hesperus2002. Show hesperus2002's posts

Scoop Deck off of Rte 1 in Wells Maine is very tasty indeed

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dixiepigsie. Show Dixiepigsie's posts

Lifetime ice cream lover; first time visitor to Boston: Y'all flat out know how to EAT!!!

If there is not Bedford Farms ice cream in Heaven, I am screwed. The Ginger is sublime and the Rum Raisin is restorative.
    If y'all go to Hell, Ranc's (Lexington) will be served and their staff will be serving it.

May I always come to Boston when the ice cream shacks are open!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skidog1478. Show skidog1478's posts

Richardsons ice cream in middletown

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Katie313. Show Katie313's posts

I can't beleive that no one has mentioned Sundae School in Dennisport, MA.  All ice cream is homemade, as well as homemade hot fudge, not that chocolate syrup junk.  They have cars lined up down the road and have to have parking attendants in the parking lot to control the crowd.  Definitely the best ice cream!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpguin. Show jpguin's posts

JP Licks without a doubt!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1225944. Show user_1225944's posts

Hodgie's in Salisbury and Amesbury

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paperboy-54. Show Paperboy-54's posts

Brighams  BRIGHAMS   BRIGHAMS  BRIGHAMS  BRIGHAMS  BRIGHAMS

AN OLD  BOSOTN  TRADITION WHO'S HOT FUDGE  SUNDAES  EVOKES MEMORIES OF A  SIMPLER  PLEASANT  TIME IN BOSOTN WHEN THERE WERE MORE ICE CREAM STORES  THAN DUNKIN DONUTS  DOWNTOWN

SUPPORT THE CAUSE,  GOT TO BRIGHAMS WITH YOUR  FAMILY  AMD  HAVE A SUNDAE

AND  ALWAYS   BRING THEM HOME SOME  BRIGHAMS!

CHOCHOLATE CHIP,  HOT FUDGE, MASRSHMALOW  AND  JIMMIES

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rosenberg. Show Rosenberg's posts

My favorite is

Spruce Pond Creamery
    370 King St
    Franklin, MA 02038-2346
    (508) 520-7900

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_2674023. Show user_2674023's posts

You left off the list the areas best Crescent Ridge in Sharon

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lalibug79. Show lalibug79's posts

Crescent Ridge in Sharon, MA.  A true staple of my childhood.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skidpalace2. Show skidpalace2's posts

Another vote for Crescent Ridge in Sharon/Stoughton.

In reality, these "Best Ice Cream in Town" lists are absolutely ridiculous.  It's nearly impossible to have bad ice cream at an ice cream establishment.  Sure you can buy bad ice cream in a store, but at a dairy bar or shop?  Please. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CantStandsYa. Show CantStandsYa's posts

There's no Bubbling Brook on this list? For shame!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pizza04. Show Pizza04's posts

It's a toss up between Bubbling Brook in Westwood, J.P. Licks in Newton, and The Juice Bar on Nantucket.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bawbee. Show bawbee's posts

You should add Richardson's in Middleton to the list. Occasionally, you can even see  their cows out grazing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hanleythomas. Show hanleythomas's posts

What about Bedford Farms or Buttricks? I agree with FourSeas

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmartChow. Show SmartChow's posts

No mention of the old time Louie's on Broadway in East Somerville? Kids flock to it in the summer and it's certainly popular in the area. They have an old fashioned butterscotch that's absolutely divine!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joaniekirk. Show joaniekirk's posts

Best Ice cream: Lago's in Rye, NH Hands down

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from alexbeam. Show alexbeam's posts

The best ice cream I have ever had is Ron's Gourmet ice cream in Hyde Park.  I have tried hundreds of ice cream shops with many friends including those in the restaurant and ice cream business and every single person has agreed that Ron's is the best.  They have been voted in the top 10 in the country time and time again, so I'm amazed that they were not included in your original list.  Heads of state have specifically requested an audience (including, of course, Bubba.)

Maple walnut, strawberry, pistachio and dozens of other flavors are just great.  There is a wonderful balance of cream and flavoring so that you don't get that horrible coating of milkfat on your tongue but you taste the creaminess through and through.  The magic is that the ice cream melts away and disappears quickly in your mouth but leaves amazing flavors in its wake that last for a minute or more (or until you greedily stuff in another spoonful and start the process over.)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from alexbeam. Show alexbeam's posts

Oh yeah, how about Bailey's?  I wish I could bring back that great childhood memory.  I don't know if it would live up to my expectations, but the sundaes (especially hot fudge) were magnificent and the chocolate chip was like no other.  Tiny flakes of chocolate that actually melted in your mouth.  mmmmmmm.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from reinzig. Show reinzig's posts

You forgot Celebrity in Watertown (not necessarily high-end quality, but unbeatable in atmosphere for a summer stop...almost a ritual!), Erikson's in Maynard, and most importantly, the frozen custard at The Chilly Cow in Arlington!!!!

And now we bow our heads for a whole generation of Cambridge citizens who will never know the pure genius of Harrell's ice cream.  Harvard Square is becoming chain-store, everytown USA.  Sigh.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from reinzig. Show reinzig's posts

Sheesh!  Please stop shouting!!