Tell us your favorite New England ice cream spot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seppe. Show seppe's posts

Re: Tell us your favorite New England ice cream spot

Ron's gourmet in Hyde Park / Dedham is the best...real hand made ice cream.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from emweiner. Show emweiner's posts

In response to BDCFeaturesEditor's comment:

The weather is warming up, which means it's time to hit the beach and grab a nice, cold ice cream cone. Check out our picks for the top ice cream locales in New England and make sure to share some of your favorites with us.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Melvillean262. Show Melvillean262's posts

Somerset Creamery in Cataumet (Bourne) on Cape Cod. The Cranberry Bog ice cream is a must.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coffeebeanz. Show coffeebeanz's posts

Erickson's Stow MA

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fawx15. Show Fawx15's posts

Brickley's  Narragansett RI.                                                                                                        

Great tasting homemade ice cream and lots of  flavors. Efficient, even when the line is out the door you know you will still get your ice cream soon!   They are organized and those kids get you  your favorite including homemade waffle cones in no time at all considering the numbers.  Sitting at the picnic tables with a hot fudge sundae on a hot summer night... it is summer at its best...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from emweiner. Show emweiner's posts

The VERY BEST is Doctor Mike's in Bethel, Connecticut. All homemade. Outstanding ingredients. Watch them make it. So rich and creamy, it may not technically ice cream.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiolet. Show Fiolet's posts

Erickson's Icecream, which is in Maynard, MA not Stow as previously stated.  They've been around for over 75 years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from argis. Show argis's posts

Try Pazzo Gelato in North Andover on Route 114 - just opened - fantastic and reasonably prices.. All homemade on the premises!!1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunchaser. Show sunchaser's posts

Love Benson's in Boxford, Ma. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgust. Show sgust's posts

Mad Maggie'a in Nearth Andover. the best !!! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joandmp3. Show joandmp3's posts

Bliss Bros. Dairy in Attleboro!   http://www.blissdairy.com/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themikeshine. Show themikeshine's posts

Hodgies Ice Cream on 110 in Amesbury has the best coffee cookies and cream in the country. I've tried it everywhere and its the consistantly richest creamiest and huge chunkiest of oreos you are going to find. Mmmmm.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ulixes256. Show ulixes256's posts

Jimmie's Ice Cream in Roslindale has the Richardson's ice cream brand.  It's the best ice cream in the Boston area and you don't have to go out to Middleton to get it.  Service is also excellent.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobc21. Show bobc21's posts

In response to coffeebeanz's comment:

Erickson's Stow MA

Agreed, but it's in Maynard.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRichman. Show TheRichman's posts

Richardson's!  Route 114, Middleton.  The ice cream is the most amazing I've ever tasted.  It is thick and creamy and delicious always.  Any flavor is remarkable.  I keep trying to find a "bad" flavor but I'm yet to do so.  The ice cream is made fresh on-site and they have live cows grazing in the back to prove it.  You will not be disappointed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fed up with all of them!. Show fed up with all of them!'s posts

You all missed the new comers - Down River Ice Cream in essex, Ma and Rowley, MA.... they go local on as many ingredients as they can and it is GOOD!  They can custom make flavors too!

YUM!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluesandpiper. Show bluesandpiper's posts

Mapleline Farm in Hadley, MA They use the milk from their own Jersey cows to make the ice cream.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Minster. Show Minster's posts

Hands down...

Bishop's Homemade Ice Cream nestled in the White Mountains of NH off Route 116 in Littleton.  The most awesome ice cream and milkshakes anywhere!!!! They should've made the Top 25!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from celedonpot. Show celedonpot's posts

We go to the Ice Shop in York Maine for Richardsons ice cream from Middleton, MA. Their coffee ice cream is the best.

Our local favorite is Lears Ice Cream in Wiscassett Maine which is made locally and their peanut butter ice cream is amazing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from efhughes. Show efhughes's posts

My Favorite Ice Cream spot is Freeze in Waban Square.......Creative Sundaes, Italian Ice when I"m feeling continental and great Ice Cream Cakes

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In my area..Richardson's is king of the ice cream stands. Their Mint Chocolate Chip is the best I've ever had. They even go that extra mile for people with food allergies. As if the great ice cream weren't enough, they also have mini golf, batting cages, driving range and oh yes..the cows and goats. Always lots of families here in the warmer weather.

I like Kimball farms too but it is a litte far for me to drive. I will stop by if I'm out in that area visiting family.

Benson's homemade strawberry ice cream is amazing..but overall..they are a little too expensive for my taste. We actually tried Mad Maggies for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It was not bad..and it was nice sitting by the lake and watching the planes take off and land...but I still prefer taking the litte extra drive to Richardson's.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from morbius. Show morbius's posts

Wow, how _could_ you forget the UConn dairy bar? Seriously. http://www.dairybar.uconn.edu/index.html

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Crescent Ridge in Sharon

Flint's Farm in Mansfield which  I understand has Richardson's ice cream.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatGirlfromBoston. Show ThatGirlfromBoston's posts

I experienced an ice cream epiphany last summer at Four Seas in Centerville on the Cape. Closer to home, the frozen custard (black raspberry and coconut) at the Chilly Cow in Arlington is excellent. I also enjoy some of the seasonal flavors, such as rose every June, at Christina's in Cambridge.

Thank you for sharing all of these wonderful places. I want to try 'em all. 
    On a cone, of course. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from erb. Show erb's posts

YES!  somerset is the best!  they have 2 locations in somerset and one in cataumet/bourne on the cape.  the cranberry bog is amazing.

In response to spencerz's comment:

Somerset Creamery in Somerset!!

Sections
Shortcuts