What are your favorite Irish pubs in New England?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hal9000. Show hal9000's posts

My favorite pub is J.P. O'Hanlon's (JPO's) on Main Street in Ayer, MA. When a leprachaunish redhead named Roisin greets you and invites you in for a 'wee sit', you know you're in the right spot. Free traditional Irish music sessiuns Sundays 4:30-7:30, regular groups throughout each month ranging from jazz to bluegrass. Nothing fancy, but a great place to be with friends to enjoy a decent assortment of draughts and single malts, and darts, if you like.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyMedic. Show ArmyMedic's posts

The Banshee Pub in Dorchester, MA. Full of Irish staright off the boat and those of us from the nieghborhood. European Soccer and Rugby on one of thier many flat screen TV's. Go to http://www.bansheeboston.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from caroljsheehan. Show caroljsheehan's posts

I have 3 2 in West Roxbury and one in Dedham. The Corrib on Centre St. in West Roxbury and the West Roxbury Pub also on Centre St. in West Roxbury. Finally The Old Irish Ale house on Bridge St, in Dedham. All 3 serve real delicious corn beef and cabbage dinners.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bwolf1. Show bwolf1's posts

I agree, Kitty's in Beverly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcswiggen. Show mcswiggen's posts

To leave Mr. Dooley's off this list is a crime worthy against humanity. By far the best Irish bar outside of Ireland. Terry and Dennis serve up the best craic

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lionhound. Show lionhound's posts

Nice map of the Irish pubs!
    Grafton Street of Cambridge looks like it's in Dorchester.

Speaking of Dot, does the Globe really think the Dublin House is an Irish bar?!?!?! Please send a journalist in there some night (and try not to get stabbed).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThomMcCann. Show ThomMcCann's posts

How are they "Irish" pubs if they are in the US? My favorite American pub is JJ Foleys ob East Berkley ST.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZipZap. Show ZipZap's posts

Baby Hannah's in Skibereen Ireland

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb3476. Show mb3476's posts

For those who haven't been to McSorley's in NYC. You don't know what you're missing. One of if not the oldest bar in America. The place is a good time!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fcp33. Show fcp33's posts

McSorley's is the oldest "continually-operating" ale house in the US. By far my favorite place. It sold it's light and dark ale in a backroom during prohibition.

But this was for New England - McSorley's is in NYC. For anyone in New England...can't go wrong with The Peddler's Daughter in Nashua, NH. A great pour, a great downtown area.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackofcapecod. Show jackofcapecod's posts

O'Shea's Olde Inn in West Dennis is a great "Irish style" pub-music 7 nights and fine pints.Also,this Sat(3/7) is the Cape Cod St.Pat's parade,from Dennis to Yarmouth,when all the pubs and restaurants will be Irish ! Slainte !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainfeedback. Show captainfeedback's posts

Would have to agree! Our band used to play up at JPO's and actually were there several years ago for the St. Patrick's show! What a night THAT was!

Roisin and her jolly crew (Rod, Liam, et al) were great back in the day and I'm sure they're still great now!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from polarbear69420. Show polarbear69420's posts

Slainte In Southie

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beso. Show Beso's posts

McGann's near the Garden...but not as good as the one in Doolin.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevinbrock. Show kevinbrock's posts

the skellig in waltham

oconnors in boyston is great but i would consider it a giant restaurant. best food out there. the potato pizza, although not considered totally irish is unreal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohrats. Show Ohrats's posts

How about Krugers Pub in Dunquin, Ireland? That's where we'll be! http://www.flickr.com/photos/mefein1/2704216198/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BehanJD. Show BehanJD's posts

Ah, can't have a list without James's Gate Pub & Restaurant in Jamaica Plain particularly with its perfect pints, warm hearth and hearty crew. Best craic all year round and no Green beer! It's #1 in our neighborhood, and #1 in the city, cheers!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyMedic. Show ArmyMedic's posts

you can't move in JJ's and forget getting a cab when the bar closes. Make sure you duck those punches in the fights after. The place is full of amateurs!
    How are they "Irish" pubs if they are in the US? My favorite American pub is JJ Foleys ob East Berkley ST.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyMedic. Show ArmyMedic's posts

[Quote]McSorley's is the oldest "continually-operating" ale house in the US. By far my favorite place. It sold it's light and dark ale in a backroom during prohibition.

But this was for New England - McSorley's is in NYC. For anyone in New England...can't go wrong with The Peddler's Daughter in Nashua, NH. A great pour, a great downtown area.[/Quote]

That is incorrect info. the Bell and Hand in downtown Boston is the Oldest check any History Book

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbeaton. Show tbeaton's posts

if the Bell In Hand closed during prohibition how is that continous? Jean Lafittes Blacksmith Shop in NOLA is older by a few years anyway.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonlib. Show bostonlib's posts

No one has mentioned Doyle's (in JP)? Great atmosphere, even if the food isn't that great.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from coldsoul. Show coldsoul's posts

I can't beleve the Erie pub has not been mentioned
    my hoe times have changed....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from maestro1967. Show maestro1967's posts

The Black Rose in Quincy Market. Remember, "NO DANCING!" Actually saw somebody get tossed (literally) out of there for dancing!

P.S. McSorley's in NYC is awesome. Dark and light (colored) beer in little glasses and a ham sandwich on white bread!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsqsq. Show jsqsq's posts

My vote is for the Old Timer in Clinton, owned and operated by the McNally family since 1929. Stop by for a pint or stay a while for the roast beef buffet, and traditional Irish songs by the Jug O' Punch and Jim McNally. So much fun! http://www.oldtimerrestaurant.com/

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from donalcoomey. Show donalcoomey's posts

The Druid in Cambridge and Paddy Barry's in Quincy! Two of the best pints in the city and great places to sit at the bar, relax and have a great chat! Just like home!