What are your favorite Irish pubs in New England?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ned99. Show ned99's posts

A few years ago, just out of college, my favorite two places in Greater Boston were the Corrib Pub in Brookline and the Brendan Behan Pub in J.P. My favorite bartender at the Corrib, "Jimmy", was a great bar man, and poured a wicked Guiness..for only $2.50 a pint!! (ok, this was 2000, but hey!)

The Behan has great live music, fantastic beers on tap, and an effortless drunken crawl away from the T!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclewiggly. Show unclewiggly's posts

The Bulman. Outside Kinsale.

If you can make the trip.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bullwinkle51. Show bullwinkle51's posts

The Field in Cambridge..as "true Irish Pub" as you can get!! May be #1 seller of Guiness in Massachusetts. Sit back sip a pint and listen to Gerry....you almost smell the peat fire and hear the ocean of Galway Bay.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from robchalmers. Show robchalmers's posts

DONOHUES in watertown is always a blast and you can't beat the food and prices!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from greatesthitter. Show greatesthitter's posts

The Behan.

"There's no place on Earth like the world"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from northeastnostalgia. Show northeastnostalgia's posts

North of Boston... The Worthen in Lowell. In fact, Lowell has a number in the area. Great place to celebrate St Patty's day if you don't want to drive to Boston

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kellyfj. Show kellyfj's posts

For Downtown Boston - Mr. Dooley's

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from londonhan. Show londonhan's posts

The Claddagh Pub in Lawrence - great local band Beyond the Pale will be playing over the St. Patty's holiday!! This place with this band is always a blast!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjmcs. Show jjmcs's posts

I grew up near the Snug when it was under another name and a dive, so it's not a long time traditional fave of the town and have been there a few times and it's okay.

My opinion of it may be stronger if I wasn't comparing it to O'Hara's in Newton Highlands, which to me is the perfect pub. Great food, great atomsphere, great Irish owners, clean as can be and of course a great beer selection.

No way the Snug makes it over O'Hara's

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from baileykins. Show baileykins's posts

My favorite was always The Quiet Man on Broadway in Southie. Unfortunately, Southie is being overtaken by yuppies and The Quiet Man was forced to close in order to make room for more high rise condos that just don't belong in that neighborhood. It's very sad that this is happening to a part of town that truly belonged to the Irish, and I've boycotted Southie ever since. =(

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sna77. Show sna77's posts

I'm amazed The Olde Inn in Dennis wasn't on this list... Great Irish pub--live Irish music whenever I'm there. Plus if you get really drunk and tossed out, you can stumble across the street for a Scorpion Bowl and the world's greatest crab rangoon at The Royal Palace

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FEDUPinNH. Show FEDUPinNH's posts

Matt Murphy's Brookline. After years viaiting and working in Ireland, nothing in New England tops it. It is definitely the best. Although a bit "snug" as Irish pubs go ...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from vedderman. Show vedderman's posts

Finbarrs in Canton, great pour, good food.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shaztashamen. Show Shaztashamen's posts

No Pub listed holds a candle to the Liberal Cup, in Hallowell, Maine. If you want a taste of true ireland, I'd start there. Hands down, best Irish Pub in NE, w/ argument.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cdunlea. Show cdunlea's posts

No list is complete without:

1. The Old Timers in Clinton (my old hometown bar, run by the same family since the '40s)

2. The Littlest (the old place was better but it's still a great bar)

3. Dooley's

The Black Rose IMO is a tourist trap, sorry.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SouthCoastCommuter. Show SouthCoastCommuter's posts

Doyle's Cafe n J.P. and Erie Pub in Dorchester need to at least be in the conversation...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from insight05. Show insight05's posts

The Old Court in Lowell, MA..best Guinness,fish & chips, and Irish Stew...hands down!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from melcatch. Show melcatch's posts

The Chieftain on Rt 1 in Plainville... good food, good company, and you can't beat the great selection of beers on tap.
    Cheers!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MainerInVa. Show MainerInVa's posts

Dooley's in Boston, are John and Terry still bartending there?

Brian Boru in Portland, ME

Kitty O'Shea's has the best burger of any Irish Pub around.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulflynn. Show paulflynn's posts

I love The Field near central square. Small place, but feels just right.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RugBurn. Show RugBurn's posts

I love Brian Boru's and I'm not a fan of fake Irish pubs. I got thrown out of there twice in one day - at 1:30pm and 11:30pm. Unfortunately, to me that's a source of some pride in my sad booze soaked life.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RhinebeckBostonian. Show RhinebeckBostonian's posts

Well, every visit to North Quincy wouldn't be complete without a stop at the The Fours. Good grub, pints of everything, and always a crowd. My work friends from out of town always default us to this place, so it has appeal to those who want to be Orish.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from autoxr4768. Show autoxr4768's posts

I'll throw in another vote for JP O'Hanlon's in Ayer.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmaslbas. Show tmaslbas's posts

The Claddaugh in Lawrence used to be great when it was in it's old location. Also the Shaskeen in Manchester NH is good during a Tuesday night.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmaslbas. Show tmaslbas's posts

[Quote]The Claddagh Pub in Lawrence - great local band Beyond the Pale will be playing over the St. Patty's holiday!! This place with this band is always a blast!!![/Quote]

Does Pat Buckley still play with them? Saw him about 10 years ago by himself. Goodtime!!

Sections
Shortcuts