What are your favorite New England clam shacks?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AtlSTEVE. Show AtlSTEVE's posts

Re: What are your favorite New England clam shacks?

Browns and Marky's in Seabrook.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gotham77. Show gotham77's posts

In Response to Re: What are your favorite New England clam shacks?:
    Why is it every time this list comes out, and it's a pretty decent list, it fails to include Seafood Sams. I've yet to find a clam shack that compares to Seafood Sams on Cape Cod in terms of freshness and price. Please Boston Globe, send your food editor to Seafood Sams and find out for yourself what I'm talking about. They have locations in Falmouth, Sandwich and Yarmouth.
    Posted by LMEARIAN

I've just discovered Sam's! I still think PJ's in Wellfleet is better, but Sam's is now officially a required stop both when driving down-Cape and return trips up-Cape. Their batter is amazing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lily28. Show Lily28's posts

Sesuit Harbor Cafe in East Dennis for delicious fresh fried clams, scallops and lobster rolls to die for. Plus you eat outside and watch the boats coming and going.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDP. Show BDP's posts

Stuck in the Humid soup of Vero Beach Fl., Thankyou for that beautiful article. I think I'v been to Half of those places and I would Kill for some Fried Clams, Remember how Lucky you are to Live there in the Summertime. Enjoy!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tracyrider. Show tracyrider's posts

Abbott's Lobster in the Rough, Noank, Connecticut.  Best lobster and chowder EVER!!  Always followed by a walk in mystic and a stop at Drawbridge Ice Cream - perfect summer day!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from brianr. Show brianr's posts

Arnolds on Rte 6 in Eastham - don't forget to order some onion rings with your fried clams - and for those like me who finish a lobster roll and think, "that's it?" they have a double sized one....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brianr. Show brianr's posts

gotham77 - I was a fan of PJs until I went to Arnolds for the first time.  Arnolds has it all over them.  I think Mobey Dick's is better than PJs also.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KC-NH. Show KC-NH's posts

Cove Fish Market in Stonington CT does great fried seafood.   Grossman's in Noank sells great fresh seafood if you want to cook it yourself

Capt Scott's in New London for lobster

KC

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BijousMom. Show BijousMom's posts

I have a few hidden treasures on the NH coast...Lobster Salad Roll, l-o-n-g and inexpensive, at the Airport Cafe, at the North Hampton Airport, just off Rt. 1 (Lafayette Road) in North Hampton, NH.  Fried Clams, The Copper Lantern, also on Rt. 1 (Lafayette Road) in North Hampton; or B.G.'s Lobster Pound, on the road out to Wentworth-by-the-Sea, in Newcastle, NH.  At B,G.'s you can arrive by car, or boat.  Menu printed on the placemat, paper dishes, and plastic cutlery.  I can't wait for my annual trip out there to stuff myself on my annual clam & lobster binge!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mslynn586. Show mslynn586's posts

I love Evelyns in Tiverton RI!! Fantastic! The belly clam roll is delicious and the lobster roll isn't full of mayonaisse. All you taste is lobster. If you are from southeastern mass/RI you have got to try the chow mein sandwich. Its a local gem and they do it just the right way. Definitely my pick!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jazzsongbird. Show jazzsongbird's posts

Red Wing in Foxboro, best F Clambs bar none!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmor5659. Show tmor5659's posts

Abbotts Lobster in the Rough, Noank CT
    Captain Scotts Lobster Dock, New London, CT

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nngillus. Show nngillus's posts

Ronnie Seafood in Auburn is the best......Tongue out

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nngillus. Show nngillus's posts

In Response to What are your favorite New England clam shacks?:
    A find - Ronnie's in Auburn.
    Posted by umass68

yes, Ronnie's is great....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shani050. Show shani050's posts

Fisherman's Catch - Wells, ME ... everything is AMAZING but if you get one thing it absolutely has to be the lobster stew!! Drooooool.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HalfFast. Show HalfFast's posts

Re: Woodman's in Essex

We've been eating at Woodman's in Essex for over 30 years. My friends and family have eaten several hundred meals there over the years and the one thing that we most ALL agree on is their food has been on a continous downtrend for quite awhile. Most of the old-timer locals who've been dining there feel the same way. I hate to say it but it's true. I don't know why because the family has made a boatload of money over the years and they are always packed with tourists but .....  BTW, the Woodmans in Litchfield NH is horrible. They shouldn't even call it Woodman's. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodwon1. Show goodwon1's posts

Ted's fried Clam Shack in Shapleigh Maine. Always fresh and plenty on every plate

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mainer. Show mainer's posts

Ted's Acton Maine

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UncleJohnsBand. Show UncleJohnsBand's posts

In Response to What are your favorite New England clam shacks?:
    Who has the best fried clams? Stuffies or clam cakes? Do you like your chowder red, white, or clear? Where are the best clam shacks on the North Shore, South Shore, Cape, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island?
    Posted by BDCTravelStaff

The Friendly Fisherman on rte 6 in Eastham's lobster roll is fresh, not creamy, and so huge, along with the plate of full fried clams, in a rustic buoy clad setting is perfect.  Really #1 on the cape in my opinion.  Then again, sitting at Liams on Nauset Beach is hard to beat as well! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from margdon. Show margdon's posts

farnum's in Essex, the best by far

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from readtheherald. Show readtheherald's posts

Kelly's Roast Beef shouldn't even get an honorable mention.  All they have is a location and a place for high school kids to gather past 11pm.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhf-nh. Show mhf-nh's posts

We like the Pines in Raymond, NH, www.thepinesseafood.com. It is away from the seacoast gridlock.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbarry999z. Show mbarry999z's posts

Hidden Jem: Ronnie's in Charlton. Best clam fritters around!
    Posted by dchemi31

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbarry999z. Show mbarry999z's posts

Ronnie Seafood in Auburn is the best......
    Posted by nngillus

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bpsimm. Show bpsimm's posts

best lobster roll: Trevitt General Store, Barter's Island Rd, Boothbay Harbor, ME

Sections
Shortcuts