What are your favorite New England clam shacks?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beans117. Show beans117's posts

Re: What are your favorite New England clam shacks?

Dube's in Salem, MA and of course, what about Nunan's in Kennebunk, ME?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pfeiffer20. Show pfeiffer20's posts

Johnny Ad's - Old Saybrook, CT

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzB. Show BuzzB's posts

Cannot believe Brown's was not on the list!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston-boston-girl. Show boston-boston-girl's posts

In Response to What are your favorite New England clam shacks?:
    [Quote]Browne's in Seabrook, NH[/Quote] Sorry, you got the name wrowng - it's Brown's!  Mr. Brown is an 'ol timer' from Seabrook and wouldn't take kindly to having his name spelled wrong!  If you really, really like fried clams, you're missing the boat and paying way too much at Brown's!  Head over to Ceal's at Seabrook Beach for the very best in fried seafood and hand cut onion rings for a third of the price - enjoy!
    Posted by bevfromthebeach

Brown's is the best for lobster, can't speak to the fried clams, but no place tops their lobster!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chillninDC. Show chillninDC's posts

How could you not include the Hingham Lobster Pound?? As a Scituate native living in the Nation's Capital, I hit the Pound at least twice every time I'm home. Best clams on the South Shore, heavenly onion rings, and the banana fritters are to die for. It's all about their batter. Really.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plluto29. Show Plluto29's posts

Why is Browns at Salisbury Beach not on the list?  Browns is a great place for steamers and fried clams, lobster, and onion rings.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lorraine1dennis. Show lorraine1dennis's posts

Arnold's, for any one of a number of reasons!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittycat3. Show kittycat3's posts

The Causway in Gloucester, MA for Fried Clams, clam chowder, also rum coconut  crusted haddock

Beach Plum in Rye, NH best Lobster rolls and  homemade ice cream

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobpickett1. Show bobpickett1's posts

Horton's Seafood in East Providence RI.  Great clam cakes and whole clams.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ole42. Show ole42's posts

Two words... "The Bite" in Menemsha on the Vineyard. Tiny little shack, incredibly huge flavor! Try to get there before a certain "No. 44" arrives with his entourage.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from satchsan. Show satchsan's posts

Thurston's in Bernard (Acadia area). Great lobster, great views, cold beer, porch seating.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Amy-Smeta. Show Amy-Smeta's posts

no mention of Alive and Kicking right here in Camridge?

http://www.yelp.com/biz/alive-and-kicking-lobsters-cambridge

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhanlon156. Show bhanlon156's posts

Jim's Dock in Jerusalem, RI.  Get there at the right time and you can watch the fisherman bring the lobster you are about to eat right off the boat and into the restaurant.  Bring cash, they don't take credit cards.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MELover. Show MELover's posts

Wow, as a local to southern ME, I love seeing Chauncey Creek in Kittery hit this list. But that is only for publicity, what about Morrison's lobster pound on Badger Island Kittery? Better views (Portsmouth harbor), walking distance to a populated area, still BYOB, and with a hundreth of the mosquitos.  Too bad it is perrenially overlooked, too bad for tourists.

11 Badgers Island Way
    Kittery, ME 03904
    (207) 439-2501

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bammonb. Show Bammonb's posts

Peeps,

You haven't experienced Fried Seafood until you have tried Lenny and Joe's in Madison, CT. Best fried seafood in the world and they use good oil in preparation.

Check it out. Fisherman's Platter.

Bill A
    Brighton, MA

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trish573. Show Trish573's posts

The Lobster Pound in Lincolnville, ME, has the best lobster I have ever had.  Lincolnville is just north of Camden by 15 minutes.   Their website is 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TKTree07. Show TKTree07's posts

You have to include Wood's Seafood in Plymouth MA.   The scallops are fantastic, the view is awesome, and the town is historic.  How can you go wrong?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldDuffer. Show OldDuffer's posts

The Clam Box is far and away the best on the North Shore.  If you argue for Woodmans you just don't know a good clam from a bad one. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaineSurvivor2. Show MaineSurvivor2's posts

Trenton Bridge Lobster Pound in Trenton, Maine on Rt. 1 (Bar Harbor Rd). Excellent food, scenery and history. Super nice owners. A "must go" if you're in the area!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BristolSkiffer. Show BristolSkiffer's posts

Johnny Ads, Post Road, Old Saybrook, CT. Did you forget that CT is in New England?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from amdanna77. Show amdanna77's posts

Wood's Seafood, Plymouth MA

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ek1480. Show ek1480's posts

ANY Clam survey that does NOT include the RED WING diner in Wrentham is NOT LEGIT...................You include shacks that CHARGE FOR TARTAR SAUCE!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ek1480. Show ek1480's posts

..............You have to get into your car and take a ride OUT of that area............there is a world out there.........RED WING?WRENTHAM.............In Response to What are your favorite New England clam shacks?:
    Best fried clams on the North Shore (Why go anywhere else?) 1) The Clam Box in Ipswich 2) Essex County Seafood in Essex 3) Village Restaurant in Essex 4) Farnham's in Essex 5) Woodman's (distant 5, sorry)
    Posted by clt-pbd

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from melsajo. Show melsajo's posts

I'm crazy about fried clams and calamari. My favorites are Clam Box in Ipswich and Farnham's in Essex. I've also had great seafood in Cape Neddick, Scarborough and Portland, Maine. Closer to home, Red Wing Diner in Wrentham and Bubbling Brook in Westwood are good.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ericdee15. Show ericdee15's posts

Markeys in Seabrook NH. for fried clams,scallops and steamers. Kellys for lobster rolls. Words can not describe how amazing that lobster roll is!

Sections
Shortcuts