What are your favorite New England clam shacks?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from timmers10001. Show timmers10001's posts

Aunt Carries in Rhode Island.  Everything is fresh and delicious.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jefftw1. Show jefftw1's posts

Woodman's Essex, MA.  Best Fried Scallops and Chowdah..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rungusto. Show rungusto's posts

Clambox in Ipswich

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tsciuto. Show tsciuto's posts

By far the best fried clams in New England (and i've tasted alot) is Larry's Clam Bar in Plaistow, NH!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from clt-pbd. Show clt-pbd's posts

Best fried clams on the North Shore (Why go anywhere else?)
    1) The Clam Box in Ipswich
    2) Essex County Seafood in Essex
    3) Village Restaurant in Essex
    4) Farnham's in Essex
    5) Woodman's (distant 5, sorry)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bleacherbum. Show bleacherbum's posts

The Clam Shack on Falmouth harbor.  Great clams and scallops plus you can eat them on the roof with a view of the harbor and the Vinyard.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from whateverglobe. Show whateverglobe's posts

Harry's in Westborough - great fried clams.  Claim to Fame?  The Stones ate there when they were praticing in the Brookfields and appearing in a small club in Worcester.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejg904. Show thejg904's posts

Easily Clambox in Ipswich. Pretty much considered the best on the north shore....Drive by it everyday and there is a line of at least 50 people, and up to 80 on hot summer nights. Most of them are people from other parts of the country

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sophie08. Show Sophie08's posts

Woodman's  on the North  Shore is by far the best.  Depending on when  you  decide to  go  and indulge in the fried clams the line can be down the  street  but the wait is worth for the most sweetest clams  you will ever eat.  My husband and  I  will be going there to celebrate our 35th wedding  anniversary on  June 29th ( anniversary is the 30th).  We have been going there since  the  1970's...Yum Yum Yum.  They also  have great cole slaw....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from umass68. Show umass68's posts

A find - Ronnie's in Auburn.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Richard4th. Show Richard4th's posts

Clam Chowder should be white!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheep131. Show sheep131's posts

What about J.T. Farnham's ?   Not #1 but very good, and their onion rings are excellent.

Last year we waited in line for a half hour or so at the Clam Box, only to get to the window and be told there would be another 25 minute wait while they changed the oil. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from saudijjc. Show saudijjc's posts

[Quote]Woodman's Essex, MA.  Best Fried Scallops and Chowdah..[/Quote]
    jeffw1 must be a member of the Woodman family no way go to Farnhams in Essex, better value,

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kms98kms. Show kms98kms's posts

Ipswich Clambake seafood, better than the clambox (no lines and they don't mess up the orders and the seafood is excellent)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffrey9999. Show jeffrey9999's posts

[Quote]

Clambox in Ipswich

[/Quote]

The Clambox is the best!  If you love clams you must go to the Clambox they have the best clams.  Expect to wait in line awhile, and the seating isn't that great, but it is well worth it.  Better than Woodman's.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hi-Jack. Show Hi-Jack's posts

Best clamcakes in the Northeast (therefore the world) can be had at Ken's Place in Scarbourough, Maine.  Get a dozen.  Party time!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddawg7. Show maddawg7's posts

The Red Wing across the street from Foxboro stadium.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Charlesaf3. Show Charlesaf3's posts

Menemsha Bite in Menemsha.  Beats all of the above I've been too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcs783. Show mcs783's posts

I'm from New Jersey, so my experience is limited, but my parents are from NH so I have a hardwired love of fried clams and a glass of Moxie! Everytime we come up we go to Tinkers or GoldenRods (where my parents had their first date in 1959!) in Manchester, NH. They're better than any fried clams I've ever had in Boston, but I'm going to have to try some of these places!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tstern. Show tstern's posts

The real Barnacle Billy's in Ogunquit, ME. Aunt Carries is amazing. Flo's in Middletown, RI is also very good. Best stuffies all time. Red's Eats Wiscassette, ME.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenhalgh1000. Show greenhalgh1000's posts

McCrays II  in Tiverton, RI. The best kept secret in New England. The first McCrays Clam Shack closed in the 80's I think. It was across the street from Lincoln Park in Dartmouth and nobody I know can understand why it closed...it always seemed to be packed. It dissappeared for about 20 years and from what I understand a former worker has the famous recipe and opened up McCrays II a few years ago in Tiverton.  It's a hole in the wall kind of dumpy looking plaza but the clams are great.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenhalgh1000. Show greenhalgh1000's posts

McCrays II  in Tiverton, RI. The best kept secret in New England. The first McCrays Clam Shack closed in the 80's I think. It was across the street from Lincoln Park in Dartmouth and nobody I know can understand why it closed...it always seemed to be packed. It dissappeared for about 20 years and from what I understand a former worker has the famous recipe and opened up McCrays II a few years ago in Tiverton.  It's a hole in the wall kind of dumpy looking plaza but the clams are great.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AguaCaliente. Show AguaCaliente's posts

[Quote]Clam Chowder should be white![/Quote]

Well...yeah...but at Saratoga Park (horse racing track) in Saratoga Springs, NY, you can get a superior tomato-based clam chowder. It is peppery and more thick than thin. It's so good that even if you're losing, you'll feel better.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bdj9194. Show bdj9194's posts

I moved to NC 2 years ago and I am now DYING for some fried clams after reading this!  Can't get any down here at all - ordered lobsters and steamers from Maine for father's day though - shipping today and will be here tomorrow!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 333hank. Show 333hank's posts

[Quote]I moved to NC 2 years ago and I am now DYING for some fried clams after reading this!  Can't get any down here at all - ordered lobsters and steamers from Maine for father's day though - shipping today and will be here tomorrow![/Quote]I moved to Tennessee two years ago and I AIN,T ever even seen a clam!!!!! I just hope I can get back to the Clam  Box before I die, I am pushing 70 so time is groing short and they are to die for!!!!! Please don't take me now LORD!!!!!!!