What are your favorite New England clam shacks?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tolincjrs. Show tolincjrs's posts

Re: What are your favorite New England clam shacks?

Moby Dick's Restaurant - Wellfleet, Cape Cod Dining - 2225 Route 6. Opening Day is May 7th!  We've been going here for over 25 years with kids, friends and family and it is consistantly good. Ironically my wife and I ended up there on opening day last year. Don't let the big line out front scare you away - it always moves right along & it's worth the wait!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FXO. Show FXO's posts

Ronnies Fried Clams in Charlton, MA. Excellent freshness, great fried clams and fish with good chowder and clam fritters. They overcharge for a soda, so bring your own soft drinks and eat outside.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

You left off Lindsays in Wareham, MA on Rte 28! - Great Spot! = to, if not better than, Woodmans!  The Lobster Pot too - also in Wareham, MA!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redpatbrutics. Show redpatbrutics's posts

Seafood Sams in Sandwich.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from silencer. Show silencer's posts

Here's my NH point of view:

Petey's in Rye, NH
    Browns in Seabrook, NH
    Also a hidden gem with great food and view is SeaKetch at Hampton Beach...fresh seafood all the time! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shooissma. Show shooissma's posts

When I'm home--the Clam Box in Ipswich

When I'm on the Cape--The Kreme n' Kone in West Dennis

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjc52. Show sjc52's posts

Gene's Lobster Shack in Fairhaven, MA

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Buggie. Show Buggie's posts

Best chowdah is white of course, and at Legal Seafoods.  Best fried clams are at Jake's on the Ogunquit/Moody Beach line, but closer to home, Nobscots in Framingham.  My favorite steamers are at Markeys or Brownes in Seabrook. Took a road trip to Woodman's back on that 100 degree day in May, and was a little disappointed in the clam roll.  Oh well, I'll try the Clambox next.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from McAwesome. Show McAwesome's posts

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARKEY'S!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ClaudiaDesrosiers. Show ClaudiaDesrosiers's posts

The Clam Shack, Kennebunkport, Maine.  The best lobster roll and clean, delicious fried clams. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannyfitz54. Show dannyfitz54's posts

farnham's in essex, local clams, good portions, beautiful view of the great salt marsh.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from danjohnrobin. Show danjohnrobin's posts

Fish House -- Bar Harbor, Maine. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kremsula10. Show kremsula10's posts

I live in the North Shore and for years I've heard how the Clam Box in Ipswich has the best clams. I'd been just about everywhere else, but not there. So with much anticipation, I went last year and waited in line to taste what all the fuss was about. I can't believe you people!  I was served up a plate of "tastless" morsels with absolutely no flavor. Fresh Ipswich clams are the best, but it's also the batter that makes them stand out from all the rest. I'm convinced that some people will eat anything and love it as long as they're not cooking!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Y2Jday. Show Y2Jday's posts

Anthonys Seafood Near Newport, RI is very good ~ so give it a try when you are in the area pop the address in your GPS and bon appetite!
    963 Aquidneck Ave Middletown, RI 02842

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Edgarthearmenian. Show Edgarthearmenian's posts

How can you miss the two best spots on the South Shore:  Jake's in Hull and Wood's in Plymouth Harbor.  Not only are the clams and other seafood delicacies terrific, but the prices are reasonable, too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Songsterct66. Show Songsterct66's posts

Did Connecticut leave the New England region?  There are a number of great places, Abbot's of Noank, notwithstanding.  In the future, if you plan to highlight shacks in New England, try to expand a little more outside of the Boston metro.  There are a lot of places that are just amazing with their food.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kachas. Show kachas's posts

Flo`s in Newport/Middletown
    Really cool bar....
    also fantastic fried clams and clam cakes
    raw bar in incredible

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pk02351. Show pk02351's posts

Hingham Lobster Pound.  Ate there today.  Blows the doors off of everywhere else I've had fried clams.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wooz. Show wooz's posts

Giordano's---Oak Bluffs, MA and Gene's Lobster Shack---Fairhaven, MA

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GeorgeWilliamTurner. Show GeorgeWilliamTurner's posts

Wifey and I (hubby) like Woodmans in Ipswich.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sm1sul. Show sm1sul's posts

Essex Seafood

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NSPatFan. Show NSPatFan's posts

Give me a break, Kelly's Roast Beef makes the list and Brown's and Markey's in Seabrook NH and the SeaKetch in Hampton NH don't?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from terencej. Show terencej's posts

The one on Lincolnville Beach in Lincolnville Me.

Bagaduce lunch,  Brooksville, Me

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from swanieswan. Show swanieswan's posts

My favorite place is Nunan's Lobster Hut in Cape Porpoise Me.  Been in business for 50 years, since 1953.  The BEST Lobster!!! Better get there before 5pm or else plan  on waiting.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1446543. Show user_1446543's posts

Custy's---North Stonington, Conn.