What are your favorite New England clam shacks?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pstalas. Show pstalas's posts

S&S Lobster in Fitchburg and Bradford Seafood in Haverhill are the best fried sea foods I have  had.
    The service is excellent .
    I have eaten at most of the places listed and a lot of the places listed by the posters. Nothing compares ...of course you are not eating with a view of the salt marsh
     The places I recommend are not only better but priced right.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dangie. Show dangie's posts

You can't miss at Bob's Famous Fried Clams in Salem Ma. They are great, and where else to you get an all day special clam plate for under 10.00. His clams are the best around bar none. You have to check this place out

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wllm. Show wllm's posts

The KoolKone in W Wareham on Marion Rd (RT 6), Oxford Creamery on Mattapoisett Rd (Rt 6) and The Kreme and Kone in Dennis (Rt 28?)  and The Chatham Squire downtontorm Chatman) are all great and can't miss if you'r looking forr great fried clam. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yeroen. Show yeroen's posts

Moby Dick's in Wellfleet, MA, although it can get overrun. Nice atmosphere and surroundings and it's on the way to the Wellfleet drive-in movie theater.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cocoalover. Show cocoalover's posts

Give the Village in Essex its due!  Everything they serve is delicious and their staff is wonderful.  I make the journey from Maryland to the North Shore once a summer, and I ALWAYS make time to go there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizzymaine. Show wizzymaine's posts

Try The Clam Shack in Kennybunkport. Right as you enter the town at the bridge. Best Clams and  the Best crabcake sandwich.And we know our seafood as we live right outside Cape Cod!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from starz519. Show starz519's posts

definitely aunt carrie's. without a doubt.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rufus617. Show rufus617's posts

Lime Rickey's in Swampscott

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCorbett. Show DrCorbett's posts

Fried Calamari Fan?

Clam Box the best, Tony's in Quincy OK.  Believe it or not though, the Olympian Diner in Braintree, Square has some darn nice calamari.  Sweet, battered just right, not greasy.

Worth a trip.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkulberg. Show dkulberg's posts

Go no futher that Barlows on Rte 6 in Bournedale MA on the edge of the canal.  Skip and his wife Dainne come from many generations of Bourne shell and fin fisherman.  They make only the best clams and food.  Don't forget their wicked onion rings.   They both are my good friends but I love clams and they dont get any better!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from masspi. Show masspi's posts

Kool Kone, Great Fried Clams and Clam Cakes, Rt. 6, Wareham near the Marion Town line.

Lawsons Fish Market, Menemsha (Martha's Vinyard), Fantastic RI style clam chowder and steamers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorison. Show smorison's posts

Hands down, it's the Clam Box in Ipswich.  There is no comparison between it and Woodman's.  There's a reason why so many people are willing to stand in line at the Clam Box.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bronzelady. Show bronzelady's posts

Bob's Clam Hut in Kittery, Me. is number 1 -- but a surprising 2nd is Windjammers in Rochester, NH.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSW02143. Show TSW02143's posts

the clam shack in falmouth is excellent , but it should be pointed out that it is adjacent to Falmouth Harbor, not  Woods Hole. Woods Hole is 3 or 4 miles from this spot, it  is actually about a half a mile from downtown Falmouth

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sao55. Show sao55's posts

Another hidden gem is up in  kitterypoint Maine called Chanuncey Creek Lobster Pier.  Its has great seafood and the view is  great.   Try it, you wont' be disappointed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonian1962. Show Bostonian1962's posts

[Quote]The best clam cakes are at Huot's in Camp Ellis in Saco, Maine.  I know you didn't ask about Maine places, but Southern Maine has become pretty much a  suburb of Boston so we should count.:)[/Quote]

You mention Maine, and in all the posts (and the original article for that matter) that I've read, I've seen nothing mentioning The Lobster Shack in Cape Elizabeth, Maine.  It's right by the Twin Lights.  AWESOME fried clams.  AWESOME location.  AWESOME atmosphere.  I'm craving some of their fried clams right now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonian1962. Show Bostonian1962's posts

[Quote]You mention Maine, and in all the posts (and the original article for that matter) that I've read, I've seen nothing mentioning The Lobster Shack in Cape Elizabeth, Maine.  It's right by the Twin Lights.  AWESOME fried clams.  AWESOME location.  AWESOME atmosphere.  I'm craving some of their fried clams right now.[/Quote]

Now that I've read many more posts, I did see several mentions of The Lobster Shack in Cape Elizabeth, ME.  I'm glad I'm not alone on this.  :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from alexweaver. Show alexweaver's posts

What about the Lobster Shack in Cape Elizabeth, Maine.  Great fried whole-belly clams and white New England clam chowder.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgoodbody. Show bgoodbody's posts

Moby Dick's Rte 6 in Wellfleet MA. FAr better that the Lobster Hutt and more authentic....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgoodbody. Show bgoodbody's posts

Moby Dick's Rte 6 in Wellfleet MA. FAr better that the Lobster Hutt and more authentic....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gillkd. Show Gillkd's posts

The Lobster Poung. Hingham, MA. Best fried clam strip rolls ever.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kid128dc. Show kid128dc's posts

Ceals clam stand in Seabrook NH One of the best

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dpignolet. Show dpignolet's posts

For a northern location, Rays in Rye NH has it all.

Georges in Galillee RI takes the cake when it comes to clamcakes

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from greekjp. Show greekjp's posts

Of all the clam shacks in Essex, Farnham's is the best - hands down.  Their batter is light and the oil is FRESH.  Woodman's is just dreadful - heavy and greasy......

To the poster who recommended Bettys A1A: My mom lives in Ormond-by-the-Sea and I've never heard of it!  Will have to check it out  on my next visit.

For out of state restaurants,  check out "Boston's" in New Smyrna Beach, FL.  Their seafood is shipped from up here daily and the clams and shrimp are just as good as any seafood place around here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBred. Show BostonBred's posts

Seafood Sam's in Falmouth is getting my vote. Great food and huge servings.

Sections
Shortcuts