Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

The daily commute, no that's not it.
    My job, nah, that's not it either.
    The weather.........that can't be it.

Nothing! That's it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ellielou628. Show ellielou628's posts

Re: What do you love about New England?

It is home.

I moved to San Diego 2 years ago, and what could be better than 350 days of sun a year (even in the worst storms, the sun shines for at least a few hours) living on the ocean, being surrounded by palm trees and blue water?

New England!

I will be home soon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mspoken. Show mspoken's posts

I'm from Nebraska. There's a lot more to do here :)

I also enjoy the salty, gruff nature of the people. The intelligence and spirited debate, combined with the humor of its people is something I appreciate. I'm also enjoying the feeling of voting for the (usual, sorry Martha) winner at the polls!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigguy45. Show bigguy45's posts

There are so many things that I love about New England.  The fall colors, free concerts in the summer, 4th of July fireworks, snow at Christmas, cities like Portsmouth, Burlington Vt and Newport.  We are very fortunate here!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jean-Claude. Show Jean-Claude's posts

The four seasons.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigguy45. Show bigguy45's posts

Patchic ah Wilson's Farms in Lexington home of the best egg nog in New England!  People have forgot to mention Fenway Park on a hot July night!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mollyegg. Show Mollyegg's posts

I love that the people here know how to drive in a rotary.

Also the greatest sports in the world. (although they didn't play like it this year.)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mazzaschi. Show mazzaschi's posts

Frappes, coffee milk, meat sauce on hot dogs (RI), fried clams, ribs in Roxbury, real maple syrup.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sandp. Show sandp's posts

The people!  Grew up in New England but have lived in Southern California for the last 11 years.  People in the north east are straight shooters and you know where you stand.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vi. Show vi's posts

Everything.  I listen to my friends in Florida complain about the humidity, the rain, the heat, and I would take cold, ice and snow any day over that.  My family (both sides) have been New Englanders since the 1600's and this is HOME and it is as if it's in my blood, or my bones.  An earlier poster said that NE is more European, and they're right, we're old, we're quaint, we're funky and we're proud of it.  I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.  I'd try different AREAS of NE but not anywhere else in the country.  We've got it all.