What is your ultimate road trip album?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Markac. Show Markac's posts

Fork in the Road, Neil Young

Saw him play many of the songs at Jazz Fest '09 New Orleans, great stuff

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuckMountain. Show BuckMountain's posts

Re: What is your ultimate road trip album?

Riding through New England while listening to "Bitter Blood", the debut album by Vermont's Chamberlin, makes for a memorable day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AVL-fan. Show AVL-fan's posts

It depends if it's 3:12 AM or PM.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonesroadcaddie. Show jonesroadcaddie's posts

Led Zeppelin IV

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from j-m-. Show j-m-'s posts

Road trip music is music to sing-a-long with.  My long trip is to North Conway, NH (2.5 HRs) so I need five CDs to sing-a-long with:

Weezer - Blue.
    Not a miss on the entire album.  My favorite sing-along record, and I sing every word, much to the chagrin of those who ride with me. Got the fitting for the occasion "Holiday."

Lemonheads - It's a Shame About Ray
    Almost perfect, though I tend to skip "Ceiling Fan" and play "Kitchen" twice.  Love the line, "Puzzle piece behind the couch that makes my sky complete..." from Allison.

Juliana Hatfield - Beautiful Creature
    At this point, I (and my co-travelers) just want (me) to sing backup.  "Might Be in Love" was the first dance song after my wedding.  Hard not to wonder if "Choose Drugs" was about the guy above...

Fountains of Wayne - Fountains of Wayne
    Time for some energy...but, still a ways to go.  This sing-a-long masterpiece rocks hard until "Leave the Biker," at which point I bail for...

Ben Kweller - Sha-Sha
    Not a miss on the entire album.  My favorite sing-a-long record.  Sometimes I'll bring along the Ben Kweller CD I bought from his hands at the Brattle, which has a more raw version on "In Other Words" that I especially happen to enjoy.

If I'm allowed a mix CD, it'll be as many Juliana Hatfield songs as I can get on a CD because her high notes mix well with my deeper voice.  (I just wrote that hoping she'll ask me to sing backup...)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blaster55. Show Blaster55's posts

In Response to Re: What is your ultimate road trip album?:
    [QUOTE]Definitely ABB - Live at Fillmore East.  Nothing beats this double live album with a 30+ minute Mountain Jam.  For single disc albums you can spin on repeat, I would look to more recent albums than ABB like Barenaked Ladies - Rock Spectacle and Dave Matthews Band - The Best of What's Around Vol. 1.  
    Posted by MikeD[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosshillbilly. Show mosshillbilly's posts

Pink Floyd "DARK SIDE OF THE MOON"  If you never did acid you will feel like you did!
    The Who   "Who's Next"    ( Baba O Reilly?? Comon!)
    New Riders of the Purple Sage (jerry garcia was a one time member) NRPS
    Derek and the Dominos   "Layla"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosshillbilly. Show mosshillbilly's posts

[QUOTE]Led Zeppelin IV
    Posted by jonesroadcaddie[/QUOTE]
    Now your talkin!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFavitz. Show JoeFavitz's posts

These are all great albums for a road trip...if it's the road to the Old Folks Home!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from peter0831. Show peter0831's posts

[QUOTE]Aqualung- Jethro Tull, can't believe this was missed and Dark Side of the Moon.
    Posted by earvinus[/QUOTE]

That is too funny, I was about to post almost the exact the same thing.  Hard to believe that Benefit, Stand-Up, or Thick as a Brick - Really?  Dark Side of the Moon for sure, but not even The Wall.  And how about Fleetwood Mac (pre - Nicks/Buckingham) like Penguin.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from panderholm. Show panderholm's posts

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, "Full Moon Fever," along with most of the other albums on this thread.

Sections
Shortcuts