Where are your favorite New England chocolatiers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quag85. Show Quag85's posts

ahhh hello? Chilmark Chocolates on the vineyard?!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarieOnCape. Show MarieOnCape's posts

Can there be only one best of anything given the variety of tastes and preferences?

One of my favorites in Stage Shop Candy on Rt 28 in Dennis, MA where they make all there chocolates there. What I love is that prices aren't ridiculous and they have a variety. And they aren't at just one price level. They regular chocolate. They have high end artisan chocolate of named sources. They have unique pieces you can't find elsewhere. One of the simple favorites I like there are dark chocolate raspberry jellies. Simple? Pedesterian? Maybe, but these are nothing like what you get at Trader Joes. Fresh raspberry jelly (home made) liquefies with the melting dark chocolate in your mouth.

LA Burdick was listed in Manchester, NH. That surprised me! So I looked on line and sure enough they list only two locations: the original one in Walpole, NH and the store in Cambridge, MA. If you want LA Burdick chocolate, and I do!, the best way is to go to the original store in Walpole and while there enjoy samples and the incredible hot chocolate.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaydeem. Show jaydeem's posts

Priscilla's of Concord and Gardner. Classic!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhouston. Show mhouston's posts

Um, HILLIARDS!! (Easton)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pyledriver. Show Pyledriver's posts

Odd that Chocolate Springs in Lenox, Mass. isn't included, since Saveur magazine recognized it as one of the top 10 chocolatiers in the United States. Available at Formaggio's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsMerryll. Show MsMerryll's posts

Dorthey Cox in Fairhaven..has the most delicious chocolates.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeasideDreamer. Show SeasideDreamer's posts

Nichols in Gloucester...THE best!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StefA. Show StefA's posts

Green Mountain Chocolates - factory in Hopedale MA, retail store in Franklin MA. Try their chocolate-covered potato chips!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DersuU. Show DersuU's posts

Green Mountain Chocolates - Some incredibly smart tee shirt company gave us a box of these for a business thank you gift - and we've been hooked ever since. Don't take my word for it - from their website: Gourmet says "World Top Ten" and NYT says "US top Three".

http://greenmountainchocolates.com/

P.s. - Everything on their site looks delicious, but we've never been able to get past the truffles!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Liz54. Show Liz54's posts

The best chocolates in the area? Serenade in Brookline Village- with a branch in South Station. I got my friend a "Pinata Cake" for her birthday-fabulous! We are both chocoholics-dark only- milk chocolate is for wusses and white chocolate isn't even worthy of mention. Of course the dark chocolate covered marshmallows at Truffles are good too.
    If you really want to get your chocolate-loving friends something unusual- get them a "Life is Crap-Out of Chocolate" t-shirt at Funusual in the North Market in Faneuil Hall.
    Whitman's Sampler, Hershey's? Ugh, no way!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from campgirl. Show campgirl's posts

Pandolfi's chocolates in Bellingham. Nothing says I Love You like a box of dark chocolate cashew turtles or potato chip bark!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wab56568. Show wab56568's posts

My family has been going to Priscella's for 30 years ,we agree the best chocolate White and dark you could ever eat.
    [Quote]Priscilla's of Concord and Gardner. Classic!!![/Quote]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankeebelle59. Show yankeebelle59's posts

Heberts of Shrewsbury has the best. Love their white chocolates.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryfb. Show maryfb's posts

I go to Harbor Sweets in Salem — despite the review they make excellent-quality chocolates (that all come boxed with a list of ingredients on the box.) Well worth a visit.

And then continue up the coast to Pride's Crossing Confections on Rte. 127 in Beverly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydPhillipsHarris. Show LloydPhillipsHarris's posts

Ovedia in Amesbury, MA is #1 in my book!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gil48630. Show gil48630's posts

you missed a great one in the town of North Easton,Ma

I travel from Andover,Ma its so good.

Hillards House of Candy
    316 Main St
    North Easton

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bimmerguy. Show bimmerguy's posts

Gourmet Boutique in Copley has by far the best and biggest chocolate selection of any store I have see around Boston...not sure why they were left of this lst...from Milka to Leonidas, Marribelle, and my all time favorite Charbonell Walker from the UK (those pink champagne truffles are yummy... :) ..I am sure I missed a bunch as well... I also miss Temper chocolates - they had fun tastings and a great chocolat bar selection...but I think they closed down a while back...Hillards is OK as well..Charles street is good but a bit overprised on the chocolat bar...Teuscher is also real good on the high end...cherry liquor bon bons are yummy!

Cheers!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from home02. Show home02's posts

Chocolate Springs in Lee MA ... The absolute best of the best .. ! !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from naniof3. Show naniof3's posts

How could you miss Stowaway Sweets on Atlantic Avenue in Marblehead? They've been hand-making the best chocolates on the planet since the early 20th century. I've brought them all over as hostess gifts, and always get the same reaction: The best ever! They have a great mix of milk and dark chocolate, scrumptious fillings, and the best Turtles you'll ever find. Not the fancy-shape-moderne kind of chocolate that this highly opinionated reviewer seems to like, but the best there is. The reviewer was very harsh on Harbor Sweets, as well -- these are excellent quality chocolates, our second favorite of all time. Not sure what she was talking about re: the nuts, but you can't go wrong with Harbor Sweets varieties. The Sweet Sloops are extraordinary.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from clearhaze. Show clearhaze's posts

Ballotin in Newburyport has wonderful chocolates!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lorraine1dennis. Show lorraine1dennis's posts

wellfleet candy company

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from angelfinn. Show angelfinn's posts

Nobody can beat Nichol's Candies in Gloucester! The best chocolate in the world!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBCa. Show BBCa's posts

I'm afraid I just don't trust anyone who believes that milk chocolate is underrated and that caramel is more than just a way to rot teeth. Really, is this the best you can do? Why not just go all the way and rate See's Chocolates? I know they're Californian, but don't hold that against them. I promise they're the pinnacle of a chocolate experience. Better still, there's always Godiva or Ghiardelli. I'm sure they're exactly what you're looking for (Ghiardelli does a 'nice' milk chocolate caramel). Failing that, Hershey's has been known to make a caramel bar.
    Meanwhile, I will enjoy decent chocolate from Maison du Chocolate, Recchiuti, Feodora, Vosges, Dagoba and even Lindt. Of course, you won't enjoy these ridiculous chocolates from around the world. You won't go to Trader Joe's in the run-up to Christmas and enjoy tempting chocolates at a reasonable price. Instead, you'll be looking for that perfect caramel from Cadbury that has actually encountered less real cocoa than a Nesquick milkshake.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrankDLT. Show FrankDLT's posts

Not a very well researched article, too many GREAT places left off the list - and that Judge was very picky. Hey lady, enjoy the free candy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from epimom. Show epimom's posts

The best!!! - Serenade Chocolates in Brookline - How did that get bypassed?????????????????????????