Where are your favorite New England chocolatiers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from teach42. Show teach42's posts

Where's Stowaway Sweets on the list? They've been around forever, supposedly Mrs. FDR's favorite chocolates. Definitely our family's for 4 generations!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CindyLooWho. Show CindyLooWho's posts

Van Otis in Lawrence is fabulous - rich, creamy truffles that melt in your mouth. Even the sugar free truffles are great!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelplessInMA. Show HelplessInMA's posts

[Quote]ahhh hello? Chilmark Chocolates on the vineyard?![/Quote]

I have to agree - there is alwasy a line formed outside this little building - and the wait is always worth it!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fmc116. Show fmc116's posts

Harbor sweets without a doubt!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brucemky1. Show Brucemky1's posts

I agree with the reviewer's comments about Harbor Sweets and L.A. Burdick. But one of the best is Knipschildt in Norwalk Connecticut. You can order on line. Try them.

If you want to go to the midwest, both DeBrand in Fort Wayne Indiana and Ghyslain in Union City Indiana are great tasting and beautiful!

Unfortunately there are no great shops in Kentucky where I live. So I travel to Indiana and order on line.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from didaniel. Show didaniel's posts

Dean'sSweets in Portland, Maine. Best truffles I've ever tasted. They just opened a storefront. Hooray! www.deanssweets.com

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boscompb. Show Boscompb's posts

Yes, Bill and Barbara have a great assortment of goodies.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from merepointer. Show merepointer's posts

Cacao Chocolates of Kittery, Maine deserves inclusion in your list. I would be shocked if it was not considered.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hot-tomato. Show hot-tomato's posts

Got to mention Cocoapellli Chocolates (cocoapellichocolates.com) of scenic Natick, Mass., they are like the Little Engine that Could of local chocolatiers!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moongrl. Show moongrl's posts

Chillmark Chocolates gets my vote !!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PJ1. Show PJ1's posts

Prides Crossing Confections is by far the best in my opinion. I suggest any chocolate lover to check this location out, which is kind of magical. It is actually a train stop depot in exclusive, but out of the way, Prides Crossing (on the Rockport MBTA line). I have compared the chocolates from PCC to some of the others on the list here, and they simply do not compare the quality of PCC.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mainecyclist. Show Mainecyclist's posts

Have to agree with the Dean'sSweets writer. They always have samples available. And all their truffles are nut-free. and they ship, too, for all you folks not from Portland.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chocolatnumber1. Show chocolatnumber1's posts

Try the best: Fafa Truffles (found at Spruce Pond Creamery, in Franklin), then you'll know the true flavor of chocolate.While you're there, have lunch (organic pizza cooked in woodoven) and ice cream too!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlwrPtl. Show FlwrPtl's posts

This chocolate "expert" is a "big fan" of milk chocolate? To true chocolate lovers, milk chocolate can barely be considered chocolate anymore. Tastes are changing to less additives and sugars to a more natural chocolate flavor - which seemed missed in this article. And true, innovative, chocolatiers are following this path. That is why I think this was flawed, at best.

I will say that Garrison's in RI is my overall favorite in the area.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from quim50by. Show quim50by's posts

Wow! - you missed one of the best in the world (according to Gourmet Magazine and The New York Times): Green Mountain Chocolate in Hopedale, MA. Their coconut truffles are to die for. www.greenmountainchocolate.com

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AguaCaliente. Show AguaCaliente's posts

I've had some of the chocolates in the pics, mainly OK stuff. Yet going back a long. long time, beforte I was even in this area, I find that...well, give me a NECCO Skybar and I'm happy!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfj02127. Show mfj02127's posts

Putnam Pantry In Danvers

http://www.putnampantry.com

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tessieh. Show tessieh's posts

The Toffee from www.HarvardSweetBoutique.com is the best ever - also the brownies! it is all good with lots of choices for chocolate lovers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from playinggames. Show playinggames's posts

It seems like all the list mentions are the trendy choclatiers with the trendy addresses and the high prices to go along with. I would have preferred to see a few mentions of more accessable, down to earth chocolatiers such as Sanborn's Candies. Santa Claus would use their treats to trim our Christmas Tree every year and the Easter Bunny always seemed to hop by there on the way to my house. Their chocolate is just as good if not in my opinion better than a lot of the ones listed. One of my coworkers brought me a box as a gift one recent year and I was just in heaven enjoying it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

My recommendation is Russo's Chocolates in Saugus, Mass.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from reba7285. Show reba7285's posts

The Chocolate Bar of Plymouth on Court Street in Plymouth, MA. Really great truffles in interesting flavors. They had delicious egg nog truffles at Christmas. Delicious fudge, too in cool flavors, i.e. pumpkin or cookie dough. I think they're fairly new but definitely some of the best chocolate I've ever had. Everything is packaged beautifully too but their stuff isn't overpriced.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarieOnCape. Show MarieOnCape's posts

I have to agree with tjowren that Chatham Candy Manor should be on the list. I didn't write about them because I think of their Fantasy Fudge frist (and not technically what the article was about), but I adore their chocolate covered apricots - well chocolate covered most anything. They have a number of unique items including truffles, creams, and the chocolate pizza that are so good. I guess the other reason I didn't think to list them is because the place is already crowded enough with people in line ahead of me! :-)

Marie

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from elizahleigh. Show elizahleigh's posts

Two More Choc Brands That Will Make Your Sweety's Heart Melt

I consider myself to be a serious chocolate connoisseur...or more like a chocky-junkie. Gotta get my fix whenever and wherever I can. I've tasted many-a-brand of organic and fair trade varieties in my day and I've got to give huge kudos to a few labels that aren't yet on your list above but definitely deserve to be.

Theo Chocolate. Seattle-based. Phenomenal & diverse flavor collection. Deep, rich and satisfying.

Seth Ellis. You can taste the care that they pour into their sweets, everything is crafted in small batches and well worth every lip-smacking bite.

They're both mentioned in this article (courtesy of Greenwala) http://www.greenwala.com/community/blogs/featured/4393-Green-Up-Your-Val... and I couldn't agree more!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from laffoff10. Show laffoff10's posts

Re: Where are your favorite New England chocolatiers?

The Chocolate Truffle in Reading, Lynnfield and Winchester has by far the best English Toffee on this side of the pond!  Their signature truffles (hand dipped), and amazing peanut butter cups are worth the trip.   Mangia!!