Where are your favorite New England chocolatiers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fairoriana. Show Fairoriana's posts

Re: Where are your favorite New England chocolatiers?

<a href="http://finechokolader.com/Home.html">Fine Chokolader</a>, a brand new chocolate manufacturer in Burlington, makes amazing European-inspired chocolates. For people with an eye to higher quality, their chocolates are amazing!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydPhillipsHarris. Show LloydPhillipsHarris's posts

Ovedia Artisan Chocolates, 36R Main St., Amesbury, MA. Their chocolate-covered caramels are to die for. They also have fresh chocolate-covered strawberries for Valentine's Day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from smham2. Show smham2's posts

Chocoloate Springs in Lenox, MA has the best.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NELobstah. Show NELobstah's posts

The best local and most unique chocolate hot spot is by far in RI. Amy's Apples in Smithfield RI has such an array of unique and delicious hand designed chocolates ! There are absolutely no molds or 'generic' items in this place !
    Every time I walk in, I am absolutely blown away by the ideas and designs these chocolate artists have come up with. The website is www.amysapples.com
    I had my items shipped to me and they arrived perfectly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boho1021. Show boho1021's posts

If you are true Chocolate Lover and have not tried Green Mountain Chocolate, you are really missing out.  Their truffles are to die for, but my favorite is their chocolate covered potato chips.  A great cure for PMS!!!  They also have just about anything you can think of dipped in chocolate.  Twinkes, devil dogs, oreos, nilla wafers etc!!  I also love their Big Dog Bark.  It has just about everything in it!  They have a factory store in their Hopedale plant and a retail store in Franklin.  I went to a Wine and Chocolate tasting there a few weeks ago.  WOW!
    I don't know why I am telling you about this, it was my secret!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarkBlueHyacinth. Show DarkBlueHyacinth's posts

chocolates

Richardson's Candy Kitchen if I am in Amherst
    Nichols' if I am in Gloucester, Winfreys' if in Wakefield
    Priscilla's if in Concord or Gardener
    Burdichs if in Cambridge (for me, the size is perfect they are so rich)
    Harbour Sweets (sweet sloops) if in a store, I don't get your review

Ironically not Lake Champlain Chocolates at all, ever (they are VERY overdone since they have expanded so much, I think they have cheapened the ingrediants.)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kswienton. Show kswienton's posts

Black Dinah Chocolatiers, Isle au Haut, Maine.   Each chocolate is a work of art. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gsteinmon. Show gsteinmon's posts

I can't believe you guys ignored Somerville. They have two great chocolatiers in one building. Tazo and Elaine Hsieh Chocolate are two great chocolatiers.

Tazo is known for their freshly ground and Mexican rooted flavors. They have some wonderfully rustic and warm choices.

Elaine Hsieh is a little lesser known, but that may be the only less about her chocolate. Her chocolates are mesmerizingly beautiful and delicious. They are a true delight to put in your mouth. I highly recommend the rochers, which have a great mix of crunch and savoryness:

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JacobBigelow. Show JacobBigelow's posts

Chocolee is w-a-a-a-y better.
    Warm chocolate beigets on the weekends
    and serious eclairs

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GAW38. Show GAW38's posts

Clearly if you are looking for the "best" . . . and there can only be one "BEST" it is Stowaway Sweets in Marblehead. They've been in business for over 80 years. Have made sweets (chocolates) for the Queen of England as well as US Presidents. All hand made on the premisis and done with tons of years of experience. Nothing can top them. Truly great chocolates.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jbrad0322. Show Jbrad0322's posts

And the winner is: Van Otis in Manchester, NH.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazed. Show amazed's posts

relax folks... this is one chick's opinion on who's the best in the area.
    for all we know, she could just be positioning herself for her next gig.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nuzzy. Show nuzzy's posts

Van Otis in Lawrence hands down!  They were featured on The Today Show a while back and they have a great selection!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Locally..without question, Van Otis in Lawrence ( soon to be moving to North Andover). Non local favorites ...Vermont Nut Free and See's Candy ( the bourdeaux truffles are sinful)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Get-over-it. Show Get-over-it's posts

Simply Sweet, Newburyport. Great selection, great presentation.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PJ1. Show PJ1's posts

I suggest chocolate lovers check out Prides Crossing Confections...  Kind of suprised Boston.com misses this place everytime.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Levo. Show Levo's posts

A new kid on the block... EH Chocolatier in Somerville

Great Ancho Bars, Caramels...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dev8158. Show dev8158's posts

Three Oaks Chocoaltier in Litchfield, CT.

Van Otis in Lawrence, MA.

TAZA!

Beacon Hill chocolates is pricey and overrated.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lawlerj. Show lawlerj's posts

I have never had anything like what Richard Tango-Lowy
    is creating at Dancing Lion Chocolate in Manchester, NH where chocolate truly is art.

http://www.dancinglion.us/wordpress/

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bk1019. Show bk1019's posts

Fedele's Chocolate!

In Pembroke and also in Plymouth in the Village Landing.  Fantastic service and the chocolates are worth any drive.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobGayle. Show BobGayle's posts

Hands down, Chocolate Springs in Lenox, Mass. The hot chocolate is the best, and the candies are unbelievable. This guy knows chocolate.
    Catherines' Chocolates in Great Barrington has some good chocolates as well. Different, but also good.

I will always miss Bailey's of Boston! That hot fudge was incredible- I've never found any as good. A Bailey's sundae was just the best- for generations of Bostonians!

Sections
Shortcuts