Bretton Woods Ski Resort at Omni Mount Washington Resort

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWR1. Show DWR1's posts

Bretton Woods Ski Resort at Omni Mount Washington Resort

Best Resort for Dinning  with two 4 Diamond Restaurants

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billski. Show billski's posts

Re: Bretton Woods Ski Resort at Omni Mount Washington Resort

At this point, don't expect any snow for Thanksgiving.  In fact, it's pretty much brown all over.  It's going to be pretty quiet.

We stayed in the slopeside condos with three little ones for a couple year.  It was nice, but not a ton to do.  We did a lot of skiing, and we did tubing at the Hotel, there is a pool at the sports center which is fun.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigWillie2. Show BigWillie2's posts

Re: Bretton Woods Ski Resort at Omni Mount Washington Resort

A little late to this thread,  but we just got back from 2 days up there.   The conditions at Bretton Woods were outstanding,  best I've seen in ages.   Packed powered everywhere,   snow sitting heavy on the trees enhanced the whole experience.  And no lines at all.  Woo-woo!  Made for a pretty dead apres ski but that was okay.

As for the Hotel, it was my first visit.  My GF had been there before Omni took over and had mixed feelings about the renovations.  I thought it was great though. 

If you're a drinker then the Princess Lounge and the Dining Room made them proper.   The Cave Room,  Stickneys,  and whatever that other place was near the lobby all served ice with a couple of drops of alcohol in them.  Better yet, BYOB.  Wish we did, as you're free to stroll the joint with drink in hand.

The heated outdoor pool looked inviting, but it wasn't hot enough.  And the walk back indoors is very long when it's cold.  Won't ever do that again.  Didn't visit the indoor jacuzzi, but we were told by several that did, that it wasn't heated enough either. 

The renovations including a new building housing the Spa.  Peeked in the front, the only part gawkers could see.  Seemed nice enough, but all that stuff,  massage, pedicures, aromotherapy, was additional hundreds of dollars.  Give yourselves the massage instead! 

Didn't get a chance to skate or nordic since we were only there 2 nights.  Definitely check for special deals,  while it was nice, I'd never pay full $350/night rates for any room.  It wasn't that nice.  Bring lots of one dollar bills too, I felt like I was in NYC,  everytime I turned around there was someone else to tip.  That got old in a hurry. 

The dog sledding looked like fun,  but again,  a 20 minute ride was well over a hundred bucks a person.  If they want to feed the huskies filet mignon that's fine,  but someone else will foot that bill, not me!

Sections
Shortcuts