Longest cruisers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oicu8122. Show oicu8122's posts

Longest cruisers?

What are some of the longest cruiser trails in N.E.?

I just returned to skiing after 4 years and 2 injuries, and find that I now prefer the long effortless cruisers to the more active/advanced terrain. What I don't like is a 10 min ride up the lift for a 2 min trip down the hill.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

Re: Longest cruisers?

Boom Run and Crusier both located at Loon's south peak are as good as it gets.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from schadenfreude99. Show schadenfreude99's posts

As a general rule, the mountains that have the biggest vertical drop also tend to have the longest cruiser options.   Stay away from Loon, unless you want the longest lift line.

Best bets in the east are Stowe, Killington, Sugarbush, Whiteface, or Sugarloaf.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjrf. Show jjrf's posts

Hansen- Chase and Skyline at Sunapee are great cruisers....

Hansen -Chase is wide, has varied terrain, and a great trail to feel good on!
    Skyline has breathtaking views of the Lake !

JF

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from surfric0. Show surfric0's posts

I've liked the polecat since I was a kid.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrStinkbutt. Show MrStinkbutt's posts

In Response to Re: Longest cruisers?:
    Boom Run and Crusier both located at Loon's south peak are as good as it gets.
    Posted by gfkr2
    I agree lets try to keep South Peak secert please.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrStinkbutt. Show MrStinkbutt's posts

I've liked the polecat since I was a kid.
    Posted by surfric0

Polecat is by far the best cruiser in the Mt Washington Valley with something for everyone, high speed quad to top, best view in New Hampshire, glads remember to hit it at the bottom or you will have to push to lift.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billski. Show billski's posts

Antelope, Mad River Glen

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IowaCitySoxFan. Show IowaCitySoxFan's posts

Juggernaut at Killington, anyone?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hiker. Show Hiker's posts

Vista Way at Cannon is an ungroomed trail. It's a great ride when the snow is fresh, and the view can't be beat, but it is anywhere from soft crud to a bump run. It is not by any means a cruiser.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GHelen. Show GHelen's posts

East Bowl at Burke Mountain in East Burke, Vermont.....beautiful skiing with gorgeous scenery...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sc02116. Show sc02116's posts

I love squall line at Pats Peak. it's beautiful and like cross country skiing without the effort.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ahlefhjk. Show ahlefhjk's posts

Vista Way is a "cruiser"?  Has the person who wrote the article ever skied Vista?  It is definitely not a cruiser, even when groomed, which is never.  Tramway, located adjacent to Vista, is a much better cruiser.  Perhaps the author got them mixed up.

I agree with an earlier posting in that Mt Sunapee easily has the best cruisers in NH, with Hansen Chase probably being at the top of that list.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtgjim. Show mtgjim's posts

East Bowl and the Dippers at Burke Mountain are great cruising trails with great views

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from reservitz. Show reservitz's posts

Everyone always forgets Saddleback! Grey Ghost is one of the best cruisers in New England. It is long and steep but always well groomed so a nice cruiser.
    The pitch is closer to Sugarloaf's Narrow Gauge than Tote Road.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankfurters. Show frankfurters's posts

Some of my favorites...
    Williamson Trail @ Mount Sunapee
    Flying Yankee @ Ragged Mountain
    Two Miles Home @ Bretton Woods
    Easy Rider and Dudley Do Right @ Mount Abram

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skimawk. Show skimawk's posts

I love Ralph's Run at Wachusett

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaden. Show Jaden's posts

Taft slalom to Upper Ravine, to Lower Ravine and finally along to Gary's, at Cannon is also a great cruiser. And I would rate the views from Cannon of the Franconia Range as impressive as the views from Wildcat of The Presidentials.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from whiteybolton. Show whiteybolton's posts

Favorite Cruisers in NE are Cruiser at Loon, Snowdance at Mount Snow and Just about everything at Bretton Woods

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skiya. Show skiya's posts

The "Lord" trail is a very fun cruiser on Mount Mansfield / Stowe. I first fell in love with skiing on this rolling intermediate run. Someday this will be the resting place for my ashes.    

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThinkSnow99. Show ThinkSnow99's posts

As a general rule, the mountains with the largest vertical drop have the longest cruisers. 

ex. Juggernaut at Killington is like 7 miles long.  I think I fell asleep the one time I skiied it.

If you are looking for the best cruiser (not longest), my vote would be Perry Merrill at Stowe. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from amybedell. Show amybedell's posts

East Bowl, Burke Mountain.  Great views of Mt Washington and 
    White Mountains on a clear day.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dma6809. Show dma6809's posts

Early runs at Bear Peak @ Attitash on a sunny & cold morning.  Snow Dancer, Morning Star and Illusion. Like being in heaven.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dma6809. Show dma6809's posts

Everyone always forgets Saddleback! Grey Ghost is one of the best cruisers in New England. It is long and steep but always well groomed so a nice cruiser. The pitch is closer to Sugarloaf's Narrow Gauge than Tote Road.
    Posted by reservitz

Great mountain, terrible location keeps it forgetable.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oicu812. Show oicu812's posts

Just hit up Wildcat for some St Patty's Day skiing yesterday.  First time there. That is one beautiful mountain. Well worth the drive.

Polecat and Lynx are a couple of great long runs, killer views of Mt Washington, and they both dump out at the foot of the high-speed quad back up.  5 mins to get up mountain, 20 or 30 to get down.  Just what I was looking for. More time on the slope and less time in line.

Juggernaut at Killington is more than twice as long as Polecat, but it dumps you out 2 mountains away. You've gotta zig-zag up & down hills to get back to the beginning.

Sections
Shortcuts