Steepest trail

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimcorr. Show Jimcorr's posts

Steepest trail

My cousin thinks that Ripsaw at Loon might have the steepest trail section of any trail served by a ski lift in New England. Anyone care to comment?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from whit-iii. Show whit-iii's posts

Re: Steepest trail

castlerock chair at Sugarbush serves the most challenging terrain in the Northeast I believe.  I think notable magazines have concurred.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

Ripsaw is overrated. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nashobanelly. Show nashobanelly's posts

not a chance..

Tramline at Cannon is in the top 3 as far as steepest runs.  Goat at Stowe and the steepest I've seen is (now permanetly closed) at SR called Spruce Cliffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jk9. Show Jk9's posts

NN,

I really gotta ski Tramline at Cannon. Heading up to Jay tonight, been off for the past 3 weekends. Sorta going up just to go at this point. March 2010 has been a repeat of March 2009 with ZERO cola.

I've had a solid season, but to be honest sorta lost the stoke over the past month. No out west trip also killed me. First time in 7 years I haven't made the trek. I'm probably out of the ski house next season and back to doing occasional weekend/weekday trips.

Cannon will be #1 day trip destination.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nashobanelly. Show nashobanelly's posts

It is no joke up the top of Tramline - some of the steepest pitch I have seen east coast. 

The month of March, and quite honestly the entire 09/10 season has been half-ass.  The ski house is a tough call - if you had an epic March that thing would be worth it right now.  Sometimes you need to let it get away from you in order to get the fire going again JK ..mine was my kids being born which for a couple of season put the days out to a minimum of about 4-5 days. 
    This was my first year I had a chance to go out West and it spoiled me to be honest.  Since getting back we have done 1 day up North and it was the 4' storm up at Wildcat and I am on the fence if I am even going to bother heading up once more.  Having a young family makes the weekend getaways tough as it is so day trips are in order and can cure the fix.
    Day trips / sick days are the best way to plan it - I may only get in 7-10 days but they are all good days. 

Enjoy it JK

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from schadenfreude99. Show schadenfreude99's posts

My top 5 steepest (not hardest) are listed below, in no particular order.  I will admit that I have never seen Tramline at Cannon. 

-  Ovation at Killington
    -  FIS at Sugarbush
    -  Paradise at Mad River Glen
    -  Ripcord at Mount Snow
    -  Starr at Stowe