1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SnoGecko. Show SnoGecko's posts

Re: What's on your winter lifelist?

Skiing at least once at every ski area in New England

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RFALFA. Show RFALFA's posts

Ski one million vertical feet in a season

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from whit-iii. Show whit-iii's posts

There was a program on tv following some skiers going to places around the world.  They went to a place in the alps where for the last run they took the lifts as high as they could go and then hiked as far as they could.  They skiied down the mountain for almost an hour under a full moon and into the town bejeweled by lights.  They ended the show by saying it was their best run ever at one of the best ski mountains ever....so much so they were not going to ruin it by saying where it was.  THE BUMS!  Where is the place?

I want to find that mountain and do the exact same thing.  That is on my list of musts.

I should add that I skiied with a guy from college who was an alternate on us ski team and started ski mag.  Learned more and had more fun skiing with him that any other ski day in my life.  If folks haven't had a day skiing with someone of that caliber try to find a great instructor with a similar background as that is a definitely must.  You could probably tail one on the outer limits at killington.  Just don't get in their line.  From experience (not the same guy, but others on the us ski team) get really ticked.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toots. Show toots's posts

I want to stay in a backcountry yurt.

http://www.skimba.com/bell-lake-home.html

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JackStrawinWitchita. Show JackStrawinWitchita's posts

Ski OZ at Sunday River and Tuckerman's Ravine,

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sillyboy. Show sillyboy's posts

How can you run an article on skiing in NE and not mention Mad River???   Castle Rock can't hold a dime to Octopus Gardens where you'll be dropping 10ft waterfalls
    after a good dump...and it IS accessible from a lift!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma3333. Show ma3333's posts

The best Run in New England might be the backside of Cannon over to Mittersill. It is not open and you need to hike a ways from the top of cannon to get there but it is well worth it. It is a long run filled with small trees, powder, and old run down ski lift, and wildlife. It has some tough areas that will form large moguls and some nice wide areas for swooping turns in the powder. Take the Tram to the top of cannon and ask someone, just not an employee, it is off limits!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jessmoose. Show jessmoose's posts

In Response to What's on your winter lifelist?:

Teach my son (4 years old) and husband how to ski!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toots. Show toots's posts

In Response to Re: What's on your winter lifelist?:
    [QUOTE]Ski OZ at Sunday River and Tuckerman's Ravine,
    Posted by JackStrawinWitchita[/QUOTE]

Tin Woodsman can be handled by an intermediate if conditions are good.  I am not a good tree skier either.  I would love to work my way up to following my kids through Flying Monkey or Wizard's Gulch!  They love it over there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobRocky1. Show BobRocky1's posts

Ah King Ridge, the upside down Mountain. I know it closed many years ago. But can it still be skied?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fendawg. Show fendawg's posts

I suggest skiing down the Mt. Mansfield toll road on cross country skis at night with only the light of the full moon. Of all the places I have skied this is one of the most memorable.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NateMack. Show NateMack's posts

In Response to What's on your winter lifelist?:

Drop into Corbet's Couloir at Jackson Hole in Wyoming! I looked into it once from the top, but once I saw someone else go, I started to feel like I really had to Pee, so I skied away.

[QUOTE]We've picked 20 things every local winter sports enthusiast should see or do this season. Think we missed anything? Share your suggestions here.
    Posted by BDCTravelStaff[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 20thhole. Show 20thhole's posts

[QUOTE]How can you run an article on skiing in NE and not mention Mad River???   Castle Rock can't hold a dime to Octopus Gardens where you'll be dropping 10ft waterfalls after a good dump...and it IS accessible from a lift!!!
    Posted by sillyboy[/QUOTE]

STOP telling people about this PLEASE.. let them think Castlerock is all the rage.    OG on a powder day--nothing better, ever

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redmond1502. Show redmond1502's posts

No mention of Mad River or other legit New England ski areas. No mention of night skiing. No mention of lost ski areas like King Pine. http://www.nelsap.org/

All posers out there: keep skiing at Killington, Loon and Sunday River.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Luv2ski74. Show Luv2ski74's posts

Ski the French or Swiss Alps :)

I always wanted to ski in the Alps.  Well last winter I got the opportunity to do so when I went to Switzerland for work :)  I took the two weekend days I had off and skiied my butt off.  I was so excited to go when I got to the mountain and jumped out of the car I threw up.  I was so filled with excitement I made myself sick, HHaaaa LOL.  Anywho, I did it. I skiied the most beautiful mountains and traveled through some great countryside.  If you go let me know, I may just follow or lead the way.  Morzine and Chamonix (Mont-Blanc) a few of the many great ski destinations out there.

Have fun this season my ski friends :)
    luv2ski74@gmail.com

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tedguy222. Show tedguy222's posts

Mad River Glen has some of the most challenging terrain on the east coast. I agree that its natural snow, gnarly slopes, and traditional single chair deserve to be recognized in this article. Let the Vermont-bound skiers go to Sugarbush and Killington to navigate through snowboarders and icy trails - they have no idea what they're missing!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chutzpah1. Show Chutzpah1's posts

avoid...

AVOID All Boston Ski and Sports Club Events...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ahlefhjk. Show ahlefhjk's posts

I agree that you cannot have this discussion without mentioning Mad River.
    Paradise is the sickest trail in the east.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WVW. Show WVW's posts

The top of my list is to ski as far away as possible from self-absorbed parochial New Englanders who apparently think there is no skiiing outside a 250 mile radius of Boston. After that, my list includes heliskiing in British Columbia, skiing in July or August in Chile, and glacier skiing in Switzerland. For the contributer who mentioned Corbetts Couloir at Jackson Hole - omg what a rush! Skiing the wide open bowls above 12,000 ft (and above the tree line) at A-basin was pretty damn cool too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ahlefhjk. Show ahlefhjk's posts

[QUOTE]The top of my list is to ski as far away as possible from self-absorbed parochial New Englanders who apparently think there is no skiiing outside a 250 mile radius of Boston. After that, my list includes heliskiing in British Columbia, skiing in July or August in Chile, and glacier skiing in Switzerland. For the contributer who mentioned Corbetts Couloir at Jackson Hole - omg what a rush! Skiing the wide open bowls above 12,000 ft (and above the tree line) at A-basin was pretty damn cool too.
    Posted by WVW[/QUOTE]

"Local"
    1 characterized by having a definite spatial form or location
    2 of, relating to, or characteristic of a particular place : not general or widespread
    3 primarily serving the needs of a particular limited district 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NotoriusB. Show NotoriusB's posts

Having skiied all for 50+ years, around the world, with some of the most famous skiers and ski bums of multiple generations, my desire is to ski all the fabled backcountry spots of New England and eastern Canada, both lift-accessed and earn-your-turns, with locals and old friends. I can kill myself just as easily nearby as far away. Ski the East.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from billski. Show billski's posts

"Stowe’s famous Front Four — National, Starr, and Goat "

er, uh, I think the front four is 4 trails.Sealed

For me?  Front 4 is history.  I've hit all the big NEngland resorts - count is now at 55, but have some of the small guys to finish up like Cochrans, Squaw, Bosquet's.

On tap, more backcountry skiing on fatties in deep pow....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from etradingitems36. Show etradingitems36's posts

----------www.etradingitems.com-----------

Christmas is around the corner: And old customers can also enjoy the

gifts sent by my company in a can also request to our company. Gifts

lot,Buy more get the more。
    Best quality, Best reputation , Best services

Quality is our Dignity; Service is our Lift.

Nike shox(R4,NZ,OZ,TL1,TL2,TL3) $35
    Handbags(Coach lv fendi d&g) $35
    Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $16

----------www.etradingitems.com-----------

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from billski. Show billski's posts

BOBSLED On the Lake Placid Olympic course @ Mt. Van Hovenberg.

You will have a story to last a lifetime!