1st Time Traveler to Turkey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbloom4647. Show kbloom4647's posts

1st Time Traveler to Turkey

Will be traveling to Istanbul and Ephesus in May and would like to hear comments regarding the political climate and general feelings about visiting Americans.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jayarr. Show jayarr's posts

Re: 1st Time Traveler to Turkey

I have been in Istanbul for 2 days.It's fun to read the comments from other travelers while I'm in the city. The highlights for me- a 'bath' and a sunny morning at the Istanbul Modern,having got there on the very efficient tram from my hotel near the Grand Bazaar.This tram goes across a bridge from the old city to new.Both sides of the bridge were lined with people fishing- fish that they can eat because the water is clean!I did go on the de riguer tours,not nearly so pleasing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from opaldog52. Show opaldog52's posts

In Response to Re: 1st Time Traveler to Turkey:
    I have been in Istanbul for 2 days.It's fun to read the comments from other travelers while I'm in the city. The highlights for me- a 'bath' and a sunny morning at the Istanbul Modern,having got there on the very efficient tram from my hotel near the Grand Bazaar.This tram goes across a bridge from the old city to new.Both sides of the bridge were lined with people fishing- fish that they can eat because the water is clean!I did go on the de riguer tours,not nearly so pleasing.
    Posted by jayarr

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from opaldog52. Show opaldog52's posts

We visited Istanbul in March 2009.  We absolutely loved it.  The people were wonderful!  Try to take the Bosphorus tour up to the Black Sea.  I think this was our favorite trip experience.  It's not really a tour just a boat ride up and 3 hours at the top to explore and eat/drink.  We also liked the Istanbul Modern.

Sections
Shortcuts