When to book Summer 2010 airfare?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sesvv. Show sesvv's posts

When to book Summer 2010 airfare?

We always try to book airfare in advance so as to get the lowest rates.  This year we started looking a bit earlier than usual because we want to go out to Denver, which is a bit more expensive than we usually do (back and forth to Florida).  I noticed that the airfare to Denver seemed pretty high for advanced booking.  And then I looked at summer airfare to Florida (which I am used to the pricing) and saw that it was high as well.

So my question is do people think that airfare is just more expensive this year and I should try to book for Denver at the rates I can get now, or should I wait and see if prices dip at some point before summer?  And if the latter, how far in advance can I expect to get the lowest fares?

Thanks,
    Brian

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA8221. Show CA8221's posts

Re: When to book Summer 2010 airfare?

Hopefully you mean Summer 2011?? ;)

I travel every summer and I usually get the best prices in January - February. Sometimes there are last minute deals but that is risky. Did you check Southwest? I believe they fly non-stop to Denver now from Logan. They have sales often with travel date restriction, so this far in advance wouldn't work, but maybe down the road check it out. Denver is a fun place! I recommend renting a car and doing some day trips.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sesvv. Show sesvv's posts

Re: When to book Summer 2010 airfare?

Thanks, Yes, I meant 2011!  And thanks for responding.

I haven't looked at Southwest yet, because last time I looked they were not going into August yet.  I should look again.  I've seen adequate rates on Jet Blue and United ($400 pp).  Jet Blue is good because they have the TVs which occupy my kids during the flights.

I'll take your advice and check back in Jan / Feb again.  We are hoping to travel in the end of August.