Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Making Hanover Street a one-way street

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCJoeAllenBlack. Show BDCJoeAllenBlack's posts

Making Hanover Street a one-way street

Some in the North End want to make Hanover Street one way and give it a bit of Newbury Street panache. But others fear losing the bustle that makes this savory place. What do you think? Should Hanover become a one-way? Read more 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Re: Making Hanover Street a one-way street

I think it is a good idea.  It will be a little confusing at first, but will catch on.  I remember when they reversed the direction of Charles Street, at first it has a headache, but eventually it was a good move for the businesses.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hippy163. Show hippy163's posts

As someone who lives here I think it is a bad idea. Why do this...so the greedy restaurant owners can have outdoor seating or more room for valet parking. No benefit to anyone except a few greedy business owners. Unless you live in the northend....you can have an opinion but you don't get a vote.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to hippy163's comment:

As someone who lives here I think it is a bad idea. Why do this...so the greedy restaurant owners can have outdoor seating or more room for valet parking. No benefit to anyone except a few greedy business owners. Unless you live in the northend....you can have an opinion but you don't get a vote.

I respect your opinion and obviously the vote would only be by residents.

Sections
Shortcuts