What do you love about Roslindale?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCJoeAllenBlack. Show BDCJoeAllenBlack's posts

What do you love about Roslindale?

I'm new to the Boston area. In the few weeks I've been here, I've loved getting to see how each neighborhood offers its own mix of awesome restaurants and events. What are the must-dos for Roslindale -- from bars to restaurants to whatever is awesome? 

For a newcomer like me, what do I need to know about Roslindale?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rozzie Guy. Show Rozzie Guy's posts

Re: What do you love about Roslindale?

Roslindale Village has an awesome farmers market every saturday from June to October.
    Roslindale borders the Arboretum and provides an excellent place to go for a walk or just get some fresh air.
    Roslindale has a wonderfully revitalized business district with a nonprofit, Roslindale Village Main Street that helps business, promotes the district, has big special events and cares about the community.
    Great sense of community, very diverse and a low crime rate.
    What more could you ask for?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemoncoke. Show lemoncoke's posts

It's Rossie actually.  My Dad, Mother and sister all graduated from Rossie high, and Rossie is where they lived when I was born, guess that makes me a native!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

lemoncoke, Hi! We are looking to sell and move from West Roxbury in the spring. The night before last, my husband and I, after a long day, stopped in Rossie Square to find somewhere to eat.The square (or village) looks great. So much betterthan Center St. in West Roxbury. The restaraunt was awesome, we were able to stop by really nice shops after dinner. Rossie and J.P. are two neighborhoods we're looking into.bg

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from batesk. Show batesk's posts

I love the diversity. The businesses, the two-families, the apartment buildings, the single homes, the housing developments, the Latinos, Irish, Albanians, Greeks, Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, Italians, Blacks of all backgrounds, the youth, the elders, the straight and gay families, the green, the concrete, the bakeries, the restaurants, the pizza places, the farmer's market, the schools (they are quite good), the library, the old/the new, and all things in between.

6. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts