MIKE MCGEE FOR CITY COUNCIL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from McGeeforCouncil. Show McGeeforCouncil's posts

MIKE MCGEE FOR CITY COUNCIL

It takes a true leader to challenge the status-quo.  Mike McGee is that leader, he proved it last year when he decided to run against an incumbent Rep.  Beacon Hill is broken and he did his part to help fix it by making the move that changed the guard.

Now that he is know about the community, I believe he can not only chase out an existing Pol,  I believe head to head, Mike will beat our current Counselor.  This isn't old residents vs new, this is about a long needed wave of change which Mike Flaherty started by challenging Machino and Mike can be the crest of that wave that begins to crash down on Menino's and his minions' heads.  Get on the board and ride the wave that is Mike McGee and a TRUE NEW GENERATION OF LEADERSHIP!!!! EMAIL MIKE, FACEBOOK MESSAGE HIM, CALL HIM, KNOCK ON HIS DOOR.  WE NEED MCGEE TO SHAKE UP THAT CONCRETE BLOCK IN GOVT CENTER 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DIVINE. Show DIVINE's posts

Re: MIKE MCGEE FOR CITY COUNCIL

Will you have the guts to stand up and fight so that all South Boston residents can march in the St. Patrick's Day Parade.?????????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ralph1239. Show Ralph1239's posts

Hahahahahah.  McGee got a few hundred votes for Rep.  The supposed Menino guy beat him 8-1.  This Menino guy stuff is foolish, do you even pay attention to current events?  Bill Linehan is NOT a Menino guy.  Last year Linehan was the first city councilor to stand up for the firefighters contract completely against the Mayor.  The mayor is not a fan of Linehan.

If only Billy's first cousins show up to vote he would beat McGee 5-1. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ralph1239. Show Ralph1239's posts

Edumacated, sounds like your the one that supports issues you know nothing about.  There is no such city ordinance. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ralph1239. Show Ralph1239's posts

Finally Divine, all South Boston residents can march in the Parade, whether they are gay or not.  They just can't push a political message.  Did you know that the Allied War Veteran's Council have prohibited pro-life groups from marching in the parade, or that they've also said no to Sinn Fein groups that wanted to march both because thay were too political, among many others.  So Irish-Catholic Wacko Hurley, who literally goes to Church EVERY day, said no to pro-life marchers and pro IRA marchers because they were too political and that's OK.  But when he uses the same justification to exclude the Irish-American Gay group, who have no other message other than "I'm Gay", he's a homophobe.  Sounds like the these gay rights groups are being very intollerant.

Finally the Southie Parade is not Pro-war, which has been a common accusation now as well.  The theme of the parade has been and always will be, both in times of war and times of peace, "A Tribute to Our Veterans." 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from youthofboston. Show youthofboston's posts

hey ralph 1239

that was the first time linehan ever thought about going against the menino machine that put him in office. hes not stupid he knows how many firefighters reside in his district including all union personell. every other issue hes been on the mayors side hurting this town. were being OVER DEVELOPED and this clown calls it progress. families are being pushed out of south boston at an alarming rate. we recieve zero resources because the mayor knows he has linehan in his pocket. Time for NEW leadership!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ralph1239. Show Ralph1239's posts

youthofboston, interesting name, your views on Southie politics are juvenile for sure so I guess it's appropriate.  Boo-hoo, Southie gets nothing from the Mayor.  That's why its such an undesireable place to live, right.  Those panaceas of Dorchester, Roxbury & Mattapan get everything which is why Southie residents are running to these neighborhoods, give me a break.  I hear these same tired arguments over and over and they make no sense.  If your so fed up with the lack of resources as you say, then have your bozo McGee, who's from Norwood, run against Linehan, & Linehan will win 10 to 1.  Or better yet move to Roxbury where you will recieve all those coveted city resources that Southie doesn't get because Linehan is a mayor's guy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodwillhunting. Show goodwillhunting's posts

Ralph1239

you say you hear the same tired arguments over and over and they make no sense. 

okay lets see if i can help the dummies, the community lost the walsh center last summer.(please dont argue thats its still open under the gavin house) we are losing the tynan community center this summer.
    to counter the mayor on losing these resources bill linehan last week was side by side with the mayor passing out plants to the seniors at M street park during the mayors coffee hour.he is and has been part of the Menino machine from the beginning.

We are being OVER DEVELOPED in southie. the developers have a green light from the mayor to build what ever they want.where 6 condos fit they build 12. linehan and hart look the other way.weak leadership!!

your either bill himself or a trusted servant that are part of the sellouts that run interferance for the mayor to ruin south boston.

stop trying to put a spin on things to help make linehan look good. EVERY 1 KNOWS HES NOT GOOD FOR THIS COMMUNITY!

ed flynn beat him in votes in southie but loss to the menino machine in the south end/chinatown.

many can beat him in southie!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ralph1239. Show Ralph1239's posts

goodwill,

The fact is the city has lost huge amounts of local aid from the state as well as other revenues because of dowturn in the economy, some resources were going to have to be cut.  8 community centers were turned over to non-profits, 7 other communities, inluding Roxbury, Dorchester, West Roxbury, JP all had a center "closed".  I can see why you wouldn't want me to argue that the Muni is still being run by the Gavin foundation because they're running it now better than Lydon ever did.  Boston is faring better than than almost every major city in this depression because of the Mayor's leadership.  We're putting a class of firefighters and cops this year while most major cities are laying them off.  NO member of a BCYF center, including the Walsh, lost their job last year, they were re-assigned.  Our library was saved from closure as well.  Given the economy, I would argue, you should be thanking the Mayor for saving us from more draconian cuts.

As far as development goes, your right, Southie is over developed, and it's the old school Southie ppl like you and I that are driving all of it.  Many of the develpers are from Southie themselves. And every time a Southie family cashes in the house they bought in 1982' for $25,000, and can now sell for $500,000 in order to move to Florida they profit from and ultimately drive the development.  Many Southie families have turned their houses into multiple condo units themselves and cashed in while simultaneosly crowding the neighborhood.  But no one wants to talk about that.  It's all the Mayor's fault.  Oh yeah, and Linehan's fault.  Give me a break

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ralph1239. Show Ralph1239's posts

Stop with the Southie gets nothing BS.  Give me a real argument about how Southie has been shortchanged compared to other parts of the city.  The facts are that Southie, just like the rest of the city, has enjoyed great prosperity under Menino.  When any cuts are made, they are done evenly across the city. 

If you really feel that Southie has been screwed then tell me what other neighborhoods have recieved that we haven't. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cdogg203. Show cdogg203's posts

"They can't push a political message" is the most naive comment I have ever heard.  Every politician walks in the parade.  The military is a strong presence, nothing wrong with Pride, but lets just face a fact, this parade is very political.  Nothing wrong with people saying they are proud Americans.  Every politician does it, every veteran does it, families pass it on to their kids and so on.  Let them in, if they are obscene kick them out next year.  For 2 years straight I remember a band playing Alchohol is great... if they can push that message gays can say they are regular Americans in this parade.   

in Response to Re: MIKE MCGEE FOR CITY COUNCIL:
    [QUOTE]Finally Divine, all South Boston residents can march in the Parade, whether they are gay or not.  They just can't push a political message.  Did you know that the Allied War Veteran's Council have prohibited pro-life groups from marching in the parade, or that they've also said no to Sinn Fein groups that wanted to march both because thay were too political, among many others.  So Irish-Catholic Wacko Hurley, who literally goes to Church EVERY day, said no to pro-life marchers and pro IRA marchers because they were too political and that's OK.  But when he uses the same justification to exclude the Irish-American Gay group, who have no other message other than "I'm Gay", he's a homophobe.  Sounds like the these gay rights groups are being very intollerant. Finally the Southie Parade is not Pro-war, which has been a common accusation now as well.  The theme of the parade has been and always will be, both in times of war and times of peace, "A Tribute to Our Veterans." 
    Posted by Ralph1239[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ralph1239. Show Ralph1239's posts

hey Cdog.  Your completely wrong.  The gays cannot "say they are regular American's in this parade"... As evedinced by the unanimous Supreme Court decision that said they absolutely cannot march in this parade.  The Allied War Veteran's Coucil has the sole right to approve or dissaprove any marcher.  Why because it is THEIR parade.  This is not Southie's parade, this is not Boston's parade, this is not your parade or my parade.   It is the Allied War Veteran's Council Parade.  The gay community can have their own parade, which they did this year.  But they should always be excluded from the original parade.  Not because they are gay, but because they are there simply to be a distraction to the actual theme, a tribute to our vets.

To your comment that I'm niave by saying your not allowed to push a political message, call Wacko Hurley and get a copy of rules for marchers, any politician marching in the parade is NOT allowed to express any political message during the parade.  They are allowed to march as themselves with signs that can only mention their name and the office they hold/seek.  They aren't even allowed to hand out palm cards with more info about them.  Name and office only.  I agree with you that the alcohol related message shouldn't be allowed either, but the answer to that is kicking them out too, not to allow a group of antagonizers into the parade.