South Boston over the years

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCSwati. Show BDCSwati's posts

South Boston over the years

Southie has been one of the fastest growing and changing areas in Boston and is now one of the trendiest areas to live. What are the most notable changes in South Boston? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdean70. Show jdean70's posts

Re: South Boston over the years

It has forced families to move out because they could not afford to stay. (Thanks to the Real Estate agents in South Boston).  The 3 family houses that have been chopped up and converted to condos.  
    On any given day walk around Southie, look at the trash put out at the curb.  Wine bottles, beer cans and pizza boxes.  1:00 - 2:00 O'clock in the morning when the bars close,    all the noise in the street from the drunks leaving the bars.THIS IS THE NEW SOUTHIE.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rar005. Show rar005's posts

This makes me sad- You are focussing on the renters who are young young young 20yr olds. What about the late 20's early 30's who have come in bought property contributed their INCOME TAXES to South Boston.. You like those flowers by castle island.. ?? your welcome, we have made that possible.. and as for old Southie.....the world goes on and evolves....sorry its unaffordable. we work SO hard in corp. america and we deserve to BE HERE!Sealed

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeff7971. Show jeff7971's posts

The new "Southie" is like every other community that forced those that couldn't understand the simple term with two very simple words: "HOME OWNERSHIP"...Real Estate taxes have stayed relatively low in relation to other areas of Boston, so there is NO EXCUSE for those aforementioned renters to have not jumped on the chance to buy in Southie, (my brother bought a 2 family on L St back in 1991 for 41k, today it's work $600k).  Real Estate markets wait for NO ONE, especially those that thought that because they were "born here" they had the right to "rent here"...ignorance is bliss in the eyes of the free world...ask any democracy! 
    My parents were born in Southie, grew up in Southie and moved away to raise their children, those that stayed were smart enough to BUY their home and now are reaping the benefits that my parents and many of those that left could have only wished for...their home is their nest egg and while other communities suffer extreme double dip corrections in the value of their homes, the smart people of Southie are insulated. As for those that don't like what has happened to the "new Southie"...get over it...ohh and think about buying at the next go around.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 11bayview. Show 11bayview's posts

@rar005
    Acting entitled much?